Automatic Turnstiles Introduction
- An automatic turnstile is a type of gate, also called baffle gate which permits one person to pass at a time. Automatic turnstiles are used to enforce one-way movement of people.
- An automatic turnstile restricts the passage only to people who insert a pass, a ticket, a coin, or something similar.
- Automatic turnstiles are used in areas where only paid access is allowed, for example, to access public transport, a pay toilet, metro stations, etc.
- Automatic turnstiles are also used in factories, stadiums, mass transit stations, amusement parks, office lobbies, casinos, ski resorts, airports, and power plants.
- Based on physical properties, automatic turnstiles are of four types: waist-high turnstiles, optical turnstiles, drop arm optical turnstiles, and full-height turnstiles.
- The global automatic turnstiles market is predicted to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increased demand for automatic turnstiles from metro stations and airports.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Automatic Turnstiles Dynamics
Key Drivers and Restraints of the Automatic Turnstiles Market
- Growing development of automatic trains, magnetic levitation trains, and high-speed trains in developed as well as developing countries is a major factor anticipated to fuel the market growth in the upcoming years.
- Automatic turnstiles are mainly used in metro stations and railway stations. Changing lifestyle of people is making them spend more on convenient transportation. This in turn is expected to boost the demand for automatic turnstiles from heavy industries.
- Rise in disposable income of consumers and industrialization are the major factors anticipated to boost the automatic turnstiles market globally.
- Increasing growth and automation in the transportation industry plays an important role in enhancing the growth of the automatic turnstiles market.
- Growth in the number of air passengers across the globe, rising working population, and the growing middle-class population in emerging countries are some of the other factors responsible for growth in transportation mediums such as metro stations and airports; this indirectly influences the growth of the market globally.
- Increasing demand to reduce passenger queuing and travel time and growing passenger traffic is also anticipated to fuel the market growth in the upcoming years.
- However, growing volatility in price of raw materials such as steel used for manufacturing automatic turnstiles is the major factor expected to hinder the growth of the automatic turnstiles market in the upcoming years.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
North America to Hold Major Share of the Automatic Turnstiles Market
- North America dominated the global automatic turnstiles market, accounting for largest share due to mature industrialization and complete mechanization in industries in the region. The U.S. is the key market in North America due to high demand for automatic turnstiles in the country. Europe is anticipated to hold the second largest share of the automatic turnstiles market.
- The automatic turnstiles market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace. This can be attributed to rapid industrialization in developing countries such as India and China, which is anticipated to propel the automatic turnstiles market across the region. Additionally, increasing government initiatives in the transportation sector is further expected to fuel the market in the region.
Automatic Turnstiles Market- Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Automatic Turnstiles Market
Several local, regional, and international players in the market manufacture automatic turnstiles. Hence, the market is rather fragmented and bargaining power of suppliers is low; intensity of competition is also high among these players. Rapid technological advancements have led to a threat of substitution in the automatic turnstiles market. Key players operating in the global automatic turnstiles market include:
- Alvarado Mfg. Co., Inc.
- Automatic systems
- COMINFO, a.s.
- dormakaba Group
- Gunnebo AB
- Hayward Turnstiles, Inc.
- Mikroelektronika spol. s r.o.
- Royal Boon Edam International B.V.
- Turnstar Systems
- Wanzl Metallwarenfabrik GmbH
Automatic Turnstiles Market: Research Scope
Automatic Turnstiles Market Segmentation – by Type
- Optical Turnstile
- Arm Turnstile
Automatic Turnstiles Market Segmentation – by Application
- Metro stations
- Bus stations
- Amusement parks
- Office lobbies
- Power plants
Automatic Turnstiles Market Segmentation - by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.