Aircraft Cooling Systems: Introduction
- Aircraft cooling system is an integral part of the air cycle system. The aircraft cooling system helps manage the inner cabin temperature and makes the cabin environment comfortable for passengers. Thus, the aircraft industry is focusing on providing energy-efficient and lightweight aircraft cooling system.
- Aircraft cooling systems are commercial available in two types: warm cycle air conditioning and vapor cycle air conditioning. Vapor cycle air conditioning is utilized in reciprocating aircraft engines, while warm cycle air conditioning systems are employed in turbine-powered aircraft engines.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Aircraft Cooling System Market
- Increase in demand for compact and simple cooling systems in industries such as passenger aircraft and military aircraft manufacturing in developing and developed economies is expected to drive the global aircraft cooling system market
- Increase in demand for comfortable and premium aircrafts is anticipated to further boost the global aircraft cooling system market between 2021 and 2031. Furthermore, aircraft cooling systems are employed in various applications such as general aviation and business aviation. This in turn is also expected to drive the market in the near future.
- Expansion of the global aircraft air conditioning system market can be ascribed to a rise in support from governments of various countries to construct airports for freight transportation. Increase in demand for air connectivity, rise in number of airports, and availability of affordable air transport are also key factors driving the aircraft cooling system market.
- Technological innovation with respect to design of aircraft to optimize efficiency is projected to propel the global aircraft cooling system market between 2021 and 2031. However, high cost of installation with product inefficiency at very high altitude and safety & security issues are expected to restrain the global aircraft cooling system market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The coronavirus pandemic completely stopped the world due to lockdowns imposed in major countries across the globe. Several restrictions were placed on the movement of individuals and economic activities during the lockdown. This has adversely affected the demand for air travel, thereby hampering the demand for aircraft cooling systems.
- In Jun 2020, Honeywell International Inc. launched its new Micro Vapor Cycle System (MicroVCS) for the development of urban air mobility (UAM) and electric aircraft. Micro Vapor Cycle System is light weight and needs low maintenance cost.
Global Aircraft Cooling System Market: Key Segment
- The global aircraft cooling system market can be segmented based on type, end-user, and region
- Based on type, the global aircraft cooling system market can be segregated into air cycle air conditioning and vapor cycle air conditioning. The air cycle air conditioning is projected to hold a major share, as this type of cooling system is extensively utilized in most turbine powered aircraft.
- Based on end-user, the global aircraft cooling market can be segregated into general aviation, airline, business aircraft, and others. The airline segment is anticipated to expand significantly due to a rise in investment for the development of premium and comfortable passenger aircraft.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Aircraft Cooling System Market
- The global aircraft cooling system market can be segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- North America is expected to hold a vital share of the global aircraft cooling system market during the forecast period due to the presence of a large number of aircraft manufacturers. Furthermore, a rise in the demand for new technologies and the vast passenger base in the region is also anticipated to propel the market in North America during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific is estimated to hold a prominent share of the global aircraft cooling system market. Expansion of the market in the region can be ascribed to an increase in number of airports and the demand for efficient cooling system in aircraft. Furthermore, strong economic growth and rise in disposable income in developing economies, such as China, Japan, and India, have increased the usage of air transportation in the region. This, in turn, is also estimated to drive the market in Asia Pacific.
- Europe is estimated to be a highly attractive region of the global aircraft cooling system market due to an increase in the demand for military and commercial aircraft in this region
- The aircraft cooling system market in Middle East is anticipated to expand considerably during the forecast period due to expansion of airline industries such as Emirates, Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, and Saudi Arabian airlines in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global aircraft cooling system market are:
- Honeywell Aerospace
- AERO Specialties, Inc.
- Global Aerospace Corporation
- Aeroservicios USA Inc.
- Kelly Aerospace Inc.
- TEST-FUCHS Gmbh
Global Aircraft Cooling System Market: Research Scope
Global Aircraft Cooling System Market, by Type
- Air Cycle Air Conditioning
- Vapor Cycle Air Conditioning
Global Aircraft Cooling System Market, by End-User
- General Aviation
- Business Aircrafts
Global Aircraft Cooling System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!