4, 4-Biphenol Market: Introduction
- 4, 4-Biphenol is an organic composite, which is a phenolic derivative of biphenyl. It is available in the form of white flaky crystals or crystalline powder. It serves as a key precursor in the manufacture of alkoxy-substituted biphenyl liquid crystals. Additionally, 4, 4-biphenol is an intermediate used in the production of thermoplastics such as polyesters, liquid crystalline polymers (LCPs), polysulfones, and polycarbonates.
- 4, 4-Biphenol is harmful when it comes in contact with the eyes, the skin, and the respiratory system. It is cytotoxic and estrogenic in nature. On decomposition, it forms harmful gases such as carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide. Biphenol is an intermediate employed in the production of liquid crystalline polymers (LCPs) that are utilized in high-temperature engineering plastics. Owing to their excellent heat resistance, LCPs can be utilized as urethane-modified monomers, polyesters, polycarbonates, epoxy resins, and polysulfones, which are used in the production of composite materials and engineering plastics.
Key Drivers of Global 4, 4-Biphenol Market
- Increasing adoption of 4, 4-biphenol as a stabilizer and dyestuff intermediate as well as a raw material for the manufacture of resins such as polyepoxides, polyesters, polycarbonates, and polyurethanes is a major factor expected to drive the global 4, 4-biphenol market during the forecast period. Rising adoption of 4, 4-biphenol as a raw material for the manufacture of high-temperature-resistant resins is another major factor projected to drive the global 4, 4-biphenol market during the forecast period.
- 4, 4-Biphenol is largely employed in the production of liquid crystalline polymers (LCPs), owing to its unique properties such as high resistance to heat, chemicals, and electricity. Unlike other polymers, such as nylon or ABS, LCPs offers a high degree of anisotropy in liquid and solid crystal phases. The most commonly used LCPs are copolyamides, PET copolyesters, and polyester amides. This is another factor projected to drive the global 4, 4-biphenol market in the near future.
- 4, 4-Biphenol is significantly employed in the production of thermoplastics such as polyesters, polysulfones, and polycarbonates. This is another factor expected to boost the demand for 4, 4-biphenol during the forecast period.
- Rise in the demand for 4, 4-biphenol for use in various industrial applications led by its superior physical properties is another factor estimated to propel the global 4, 4-biphenol market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Significant Opportunity in Liquid Crystalline Polymers (LCPs) Segment
- Based on purity, the global 4, 4-biphenol market can be segmented into purity ≥ 99% and purity < 99%. The purity ≥ 99% segment is projected to hold a significant share of the global market during the forecast period, in terms of revenue, owing to rise in the demand for 4, 4-biphenol from applications such as liquid crystalline polymers (LCPs), polycarbonates, and polyesters.
- Based on application, the global 4, 4-biphenol market can be divided into liquid crystalline polymers (LCPs), polyesters, polycarbonates, and polysulfones. The liquid crystalline polymers (LCPs) segment is projected to hold a major share of the global market during the forecast period, in terms of revenue.
North America to be a Major Market for 4, 4-Biphenol
- In terms of region, the global 4, 4-biphenol market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, North America is expected to account for a major share of the global 4, 4-biphenol market from 2019 to 2027. Demand for 4, 4-biphenol is increasing rapidly in the thermoplastics industry in North America. This is attributable to excellent heat resistance of 4, 4-biphenol and its use as a polyester, polycarbonate, urethane modified monomer, polysulfone, and epoxy resin in the production of composite materials and engineering plastics in the region.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
- The global 4, 4-biphenol market was highly fragmented in 2018. Moreover, rapid growth of composite materials and engineering plastics industries is expected to drive the global market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, several major players are engaged in research and development activities in order to expand their product portfolios
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market:
- SI Group
- Honshu Chemical
- Lengshuijiang Huafei Pharmaceutical
- Jinan Great Chemical
- Songwon Industrial
- Wujiang New Sunlion Chemical
- Ruiyuan Group
Global 4, 4-Biphenol Market: Research Scope
Global 4, 4-Biphenol Market, by Product
- Purity ≥ 99%
- Purity < 99%
Global 4, 4-Biphenol Market, by End-user
- Liquid Crystalline Polymers (LCPs)
Global 4, 4-Biphenol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.