Home Press Releases Life Science Reagents Market Expected to Reach USD 25.7 Billion Globally in 2019
Life Science Reagents Market Expected to Reach USD 25.7 Billion Globally in 2019
Posted on Jun 6, 2014
According to a new market report published by Transparency Market Research (www.transparencymarketresearch.com) “Life Science Reagents Market (Products- PCR Reagent Kits, Cell and Tissue Culture, Flow Cytometry, Electrophoresis, Chromatography, In-Vitro Diagnostic Reagents and Others; End Users- Commercial and Contract Manufacturers, Research and Academic Institutions, Clinical Laboratories, and Forensic Laboratories) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2013 – 2019”, the global life science reagents market was valued at USD 12.44 billionin 2012and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.8%from 2013 to 2019, to reach an estimated value of USD 25.73billion in 2019.
Being predominantly used in a wide range of analytical and manufacturing processes,reagents areone of the fastest moving and widely consumed products in the life science industry. Factors such as rise in the number of government initiatives for the growth of biotechnology industry and advancement in related technologies will have a tremendous impact on the growth of the life science reagents market.
Amongst the various typesof commercially available life science reagents, chromatography and in-vitro diagnostic reagents were the largest product segments in 2012, with a cumulative market share of more than 50% in the overall life science reagents market. In addition, the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) reagent kits market is expected to cannibalizethe market share of other product segments during the forecast perioddue to expansion of its application area from only commercial manufacturing to in-vitro diagnostics.It is expected that the global market for polymerase chain reaction (PCR) reagent kits will reach USD 4.26billion in 2019 growing at a CAGR of 14.2%from 2013 to 2019.
Research and academic institutes from the largest set of consumers, by revenue, of life science reagents. Growth in research and development activities by biotechnology companies with an intention to introduce breakthrough technologies in the market has led to rise in consumption of life science reagents in related processes.
Geographically, North America dominated the global life science reagents marketin 2012 mainly due to the advantage of bigger patent repositorywith biotechnology companies based in this region.Factors that will drive future growthof the North American life science reagents market include existence of supportive economic base, highly developed research infrastructure, technological advancement and higher adoption rate of those technologies.
However,countries in the Asia-Pacificregion such as China, Japan and India are expected to be potential markets with high prevalence of infectious diseases, development of healthcare infrastructure, aging of population resulting in rising incidencesof cardiac diseases, increasing government initiatives to boost the biotechnology industry in the respective countries and rapidly increasing awareness about disease diagnosis and prevention.
Browse the full Life Science Reagents Market report at http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/life-sciences-reagents-analytical-reagents.html
The global life science reagents market is characterized by the presence of a largenumber of market players. The matured market players intensively follow predatory business strategies such as acquisition of small market entrants with breakthrough technologies. Some of the key participants operating in this market includeAbbott laboratories, Agilent Technologies, bioMerieux, Life Technologies Corporation, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., GE Healthcare, Merck Millipore, Sigma Aldrich Corporation and Lonza Group Ltd.
The global life science reagentsmarket is segmented as follows:
Life Science Reagents Market, by Product Type
- Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) reagent kits
- Cell and tissue culture reagents
- Flow cytometry reagents
- Electrophoresis reagents
- Chromatography reagents
- In-vitro diagnostic (IVD) reagents
Life Science Reagents Market, by End User
- Commercial and contract manufacturers
- Research and academic institutions
- Clinical laboratories
- Forensic laboratories
Life Science Reagents Market, by Geography
- North America
- Rest of the World (RoW)
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Ms. Sheela AK
90 State Street,
Albany NY - 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Share This Article!
- Chromatography Accessories and Consumables Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020
- Chromatography is one of the most important separation processes for biomolecules. It is the ability to separate molecules using partitioning characteristics of molecule to remain in a stationary phase versus a mobile phase. Once a molecule is separated from the mixture, it can be isolated and quantified. Chromatographic separation consists of two major components mobile phase and stationary phase. The various...
- Molecular Biology Enzymes, Kits & Reagents Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Molecular biology enzymes, kits and reagents find their usage across a wide range of applications, such as, life science research, diagnostic testing and drug discovery, research and development. Molecular biology products are used for the analysis of cell surface markers that act as diagnostic and/or therapeutic targets. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) that includes RT-PCR, qPCR, preparative PCR among others is...
- Microbiology Culture Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020Microbiology is a field of science dealing with study of microorganisms. One of the major methods for identification and characterization of micro organisms is the microbial culture method. In this method, a suitable growth medium is prepared which is a calculated combination of various growth nutrients. A sample containing micro organisms is then seeded to this growth medium to get an increased cell count. Various isolation methods are...