Military Actuators Market - Introduction
- Automation plays an important role in the defense industry due to the various advantages offered by actuators
- Military actuators are used to alter tank altitude, and monitor and control velocity and engine speed. They are also used to monitor the secure and smooth landing of aircraft, and gun positioning. Increase in demand for electric actuators in the defense industry is fueling the military actuators market.
- Different sources of energy such as electricity, hydraulic fluid pressure, or pneumatic pressure, which convert energy into motion, are used to operate actuation systems
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Military Actuators Market
- Military automation is the latest trend in the international defense industry. Many countries around the globe have started implementing military automation to boost their fighting capabilities. This has boosted the demand for military actuators across the globe.
- Actuators play a vital role in military vehicles. The military actuators market is driven by the adoption of automation to improve military combat capabilities. However, strict enforcement of regulatory requirements and issues related to power consumption, noise, and leakage are impeding the market.
- On the other hand, production of miniaturized military actuators and the widespread use of advanced actuators provide ample opportunities to the military actuators market
- Increase in orders and procurement of aircraft, both for commercial and military purposes, is a primary factor driving the market
- 3D printing has made the process of design and implementation of actuators faster, less expensive, and simpler. It also enables incorporation of all actuator components into a single structure, thus eliminating the need to use external joints, adhesives, and fasteners. The military actuators market is anticipated to expand at a fast pace, once 3D printed actuators become fully operational in the aerospace sector.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Hydraulic Actuators Segment Offers Significant Potential
- Based on system, the global military actuators market can be divided into hydraulic actuators, electrical actuators, pneumatic actuators, mechanical actuators and others
- Hydraulic actuators is projected to be the fastest growing segment of the market during the forecast period. Hydraulic actuators are commonly used in the aerospace & defense field.
- For wheeled vehicles, hydraulic actuators are used. These actuators produces a force greater than that generated by pneumatic actuators. Such actuators require additional maintenance costs in some applications due to the increase in oil consumption as a result of leakage issues.
- Hydraulic actuators are commonly used in various aircraft parts. These actuators are seldom used in the marine industry due to the possibility of fuel leakage. Such actuators require additional maintenance due to the increase in oil consumption as a result of leakage issues.
Asia Pacific to Exhibit High Growth in Global Military Actuators Market
- In terms of region, the global military actuators market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness the highest growth rate for military actuators from 2019 to 2027, due to the technological advancements and increase in number of military aircraft deliveries in the region
- Increase in demand for mini-electric actuators for advanced driver assistance and aircraft sensors is also expected to drive the military actuator market in Asia Pacific
- The market in North America is also estimated to expand at a significant pace throughout the forecast period owing to the presence of several major combat aircraft manufacturers such as Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman; and actuation system providers such as UTC and Honeywell in the region
- Growth in defense expenditure in the U.S. is projected to drive the demand for military actuators in the country during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global military actuators market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Triumph Group
- Moog Inc.
- Venture Mfg. Co.
- Parker Hannifin
- Nook Industries
- Ultra Motion
Global Military Actuators Market: Research Scope
Global Military Actuators Market, by System
- Hydraulic Actuators
- Pneumatic Actuators
- Electrical Actuators
- Mechanical Actuators
- Others (Electromechanical Actuators and Electrohydraulic Actuators)
Global Military Actuators Market, by Type
- Linear Actuators
- Rotary Actuators
Global Military Actuators Market, by Application
Global Military Actuators Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.