Alpha-2 antiplasmin or plasmin inhibitor, is a type of glycoprotein synthesized by the liver, kidneys and other tissues of the body. It is a serine protease inhibitor which belongs to the Serpin superfamily that acts as the primary inhibitor of the serine protease plasmin. Fibrinolysis occurs due to the conversion of plasminogen to serine protease plasmin by plasminogen activator. Deficiency of Alpha 2 antiplasmin causes a bleeding disorder owing to the increase fibrinolysis. Alpha-2 antiplasmin is the protein responsible for the degradation of fibrin clots and inhibition of fibrinolysis. Congenital deficiency of this glycoprotein leads to internal hemorrhage. Alpha-2 antiplasmin is present in two distinct forms which are as follows:
- Plasminogen binding
- Non-plasminogen binding
Alpha 2 antiplasmin is used in various diagnostic technologies such as:
- Enzyme Linked Immuno-Sorbent Assay (ELISA)
- Immunohistochemistry – Frozen (IHC-F)
- Immunohistochemistry – Paraffin (IHC-P)
- Flow Cytometry
End-users of alpha-2 antiplasmin protein are as follows:
- Diagnostic labs
- Private Labs
The aforementioned end users use this protein in patients with alpha 2 antiplasmin or plasmin inhibitor deficiency especially in patients who have reported to have significant episodes of internal bleeding following a minor trauma and bleeding into the joints.Patients with alpha 2 antiplasmin deficiency often experiences severe medical complications such as:
- Prolonged bleeding from wounds
- Increased bleeding after consumption of NSAIDs.
- Bleeding into joints followed by trauma
- Increased muscle bleeding, hematomas and bruising
- Bleeding of gastrointestinal tract
- Mucosal and CNS bleeding
In the geographical perspective, North America is the leading market owing to the rise in cases of metabolic syndrome. It has been proved that excess levels of alpha-2 antiplasmin is associated with metabolic syndrome and other cardiovascular diseases. Deficiency of alpha-2 antiplasmin protein causes development of atherosclerotic plaque which results in various heart diseases.According to the American Heart Association almost 35% of adults in the U.S. are suffering from metabolic syndrome. Furthermore, the Europe and Asia-Pacific regions are expected to witness increased market traction due to increased incidence rate of cardiovascular diseases.
The major factors driving this market are advances in the coagulation testing practices, increasing use of automated instrumentation are rise in cases of cardiovascular diseases. Moreover, factors such as technological advancement in the hospital infrastructures and high adoption rate of preventive diagnostic tests are also expected to drive the market. However, high development costs, need of highly sophisticated instruments and stringent regulatory policies are some of the restraints that could impede the growth of the market globally.
Some of the notable players in this industry segment includes Abbott Laboratories, Axis-Shield plc., Bio/Data Corporation, Becton Dickinson, Corgenix Medical Corporation, Helena Laboratories, Instrumentation Laboratory, Roche, Sysmex Corporation and Thermo Fisher Scientific, amongst others.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.