Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices: Introduction
- Wide band gap power devices made up of semiconductor material. These devices are small in size and provide reliable operation as compared to silicon based counterparts
- The semiconductor material allows wide band gap power devices to operate at higher voltages, frequencies, and temperatures
- Wide band gap power devices are used in aerospace wings as they provide thinner and lighter wings which is helpful to reduce the fuel consumption and carbon emission
- Wide band gap power devices are used in applications such as uninterruptable power supply, industrial motor drives, data centers, and power grid
- These power devices are used in various sectors such as automotive, energy & utility, industrial, and aerospace & defense
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights, Request for a Brochure
Rise in Demand for Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices in Industrial Application
- Industrial segment has emerged as an attractive sector for investments by organizations across the globe. In this sector, wide band gap power devices are significantly used for industrial motor drives and power distribution application
- In various industrial process, wide band gap semiconductor materials are largely used owing to their ability to withstand at high temperature
- Furthermore, in motor drive application, wide band gap material are preferred over silicon based converter due to their more efficiency and lightweight nature. Thus, wide band gap power devices are increasingly used in industrial applications
- As a result of these factors, industrial segment is expected to drive the global wide band gap power devices market during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Automotive Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on end-use industry, the global wide band gap power devices market can be segmented into automotive, industrial, aerospace & defense, energy & utility, and others
- Wide band gap power devices are significantly used in automobile, as they offer high performance and capable to withstand at high temperatures in electric and hybrid vehicle
- Hence, rise in the demand for wide band gap power devices for use in electric and hybrid vehicle is anticipated to drive the global wide band gap power devices market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global wide band gap power devices market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global wide band gap power devices market throughout the forecast period, owing to increase in automation and ongoing technological advancements in the semiconductor industry in the region
- The wide band gap power devices market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. However, the market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period
Key Players in Global Market
The global wide band gap power devices market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for wide band gap power devices. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global wide band gap power devices market are:
- Cree Inc.
- GeneSiC Semiconductor Inc.
- Infineon Technologies
- Microsemi Corporation
- Littelfuse, Inc.
- ROHM Co, Ltd.
- Texas Instruments
- United Silicon Carbide Inc.
Global Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices Market, by Material
- Silicon Carbide
- Zinc Oxide
- Gallium Nitride
- Gallium Arsenide
- Diamond Substrate
Global Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices Market, by Application
- Uninterruptable Power Supply
- Industrial Motor Drives
- Data Centers
- Power Grid
Global Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices Market, by End-use Industry
- Energy & Utility
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.