Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices: Introduction
- Wide band gap power devices made up of semiconductor material. These devices are small in size and provide reliable operation as compared to silicon based counterparts
- The semiconductor material allows wide band gap power devices to operate at higher voltages, frequencies, and temperatures
- Wide band gap power devices are used in aerospace wings as they provide thinner and lighter wings which is helpful to reduce the fuel consumption and carbon emission
- Wide band gap power devices are used in applications such as uninterruptable power supply, industrial motor drives, data centers, and power grid
- These power devices are used in various sectors such as automotive, energy & utility, industrial, and aerospace & defense
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights, Request for a Brochure
Rise in Demand for Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices in Industrial Application
- Industrial segment has emerged as an attractive sector for investments by organizations across the globe. In this sector, wide band gap power devices are significantly used for industrial motor drives and power distribution application
- In various industrial process, wide band gap semiconductor materials are largely used owing to their ability to withstand at high temperature
- Furthermore, in motor drive application, wide band gap material are preferred over silicon based converter due to their more efficiency and lightweight nature. Thus, wide band gap power devices are increasingly used in industrial applications
- As a result of these factors, industrial segment is expected to drive the global wide band gap power devices market during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Automotive Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on end-use industry, the global wide band gap power devices market can be segmented into automotive, industrial, aerospace & defense, energy & utility, and others
- Wide band gap power devices are significantly used in automobile, as they offer high performance and capable to withstand at high temperatures in electric and hybrid vehicle
- Hence, rise in the demand for wide band gap power devices for use in electric and hybrid vehicle is anticipated to drive the global wide band gap power devices market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global wide band gap power devices market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global wide band gap power devices market throughout the forecast period, owing to increase in automation and ongoing technological advancements in the semiconductor industry in the region
- The wide band gap power devices market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. However, the market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period
Key Players in Global Market
The global wide band gap power devices market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for wide band gap power devices. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global wide band gap power devices market are:
- Cree Inc.
- GeneSiC Semiconductor Inc.
- Infineon Technologies
- Microsemi Corporation
- Littelfuse, Inc.
- ROHM Co, Ltd.
- Texas Instruments
- United Silicon Carbide Inc.
Global Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices Market, by Material
- Silicon Carbide
- Zinc Oxide
- Gallium Nitride
- Gallium Arsenide
- Diamond Substrate
Global Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices Market, by Application
- Uninterruptable Power Supply
- Industrial Motor Drives
- Data Centers
- Power Grid
Global Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices Market, by End-use Industry
- Energy & Utility
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Wide Band Gap (WBG) Power Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.