CMP Slurry Market
CMP Slurry Market (Product Type: Aluminum Oxide, Ceramic, Cerium Oxide, Silica, and Others; and Application: Silicon Wafers, Optical Substrates, Disk-drive Components, and Other Microelectronic Surfaces) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Surge in Demand for Consumer Electronics and Medical Devices to Boost Market Growth
Chemical mechanical planarization (CMP) slurries are liquid dispersions that are extensively used for chemical mechanical planarization. The growth of the CMP slurry market will primarily hinge its hopes on the sales of consumer electronics products during the forecast period, as CMP slurries are primarily used to develop silicon wafers, disk-drive components, and different types of microelectronic surfaces. Moreover, as CMP continues to remain one of the most effective and cost-efficient techniques to address chemical attacks and remove abrasion, a steady growth of the CMP slurry market is projected during the assessment period.
Furthermore, the increasing adoption of CMP for integrated circuit manufacturing is a major factor that is expected to fuel the growth of the global CMP slurry market during the forecast period. The emergence of CMP has played a key role in changing the fortunes of processing and manufacturing high-technology semiconductors. The noteworthy growth of the industrial sector around the world is likely to have a positive impact on the CMP slurry market due to a surge in the demand volumes. Market players are likely to focus on research and commercialization of CMP slurries in the upcoming years to improve their footing in the current CMP slurry market landscape.
At the back of these factors, the global CMP slurry market is projected to surpass the valuation of US$ 2.4 Bn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the CMP Slurry Market
High Demand for CMP Slurries to Manufacture Semiconductors to Drive Global Market
Chemical mechanical polishing is deemed to be the most critical step in semiconductor manufacturing. While material removal is one of the core applications of CMP, CMP is increasingly being used in a range of applications, including defect reduction, uniformity control, and surface smoothening of semiconductors– a factor that is expected to aid the growth of the global CMP slurry market during the assessment period. The semiconductor yield improvement is primarily influenced by CMP processing due to which, the demand for CMP slurry is anticipated to remain high throughout the course of the assessment period. Market players are expected to increasingly focus on improving the performance of the CMP by minimizing surface scratching and other key parameters to gain a competitive edge in the current market for CMP slurry.
The increasing deployment of CMP as a polishing technique to smoothen the surface of various semiconductor devices is projected to fuel the growth of the global CMP slurry market. The CMP slurry has a strong influence on the uniformity, defect rate, removal rate, and the rate of selectivity between barrier layers and metal. This factor is likely to drive the CMP slurry market during the forecast period. In addition, the increasing usage of CMP as an enabling technology in the fabrication of different integrated circuits is expected to positively impact the demand for CMP slurries. Market players are projected to focus on the development of CMP slurries that are in line with various conventional as well as tailored applications of their customers.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
COVID-19 Impact: Slump in Demand for Consumer Electronics to Hinder Market Growth
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a moderate impact on the overall growth prospects of the global CMP slurry market during the assessment period. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the demand as well as the production of CMP slurry witnessed a major decline, particularly in the second and the third quarter of 2020. Shortage of labor, closure of the industrial sector across various regions around the world, and restrictions on transportation and cross-border trade played a key role in hindering the growth of the CMP slurry market. However, market players are expected to tap into opportunities across the healthcare devices sector during the forecast period.
Market players are also anticipated to focus on product development and research activities during the ongoing health crisis and aim to improve their market presence in the COVID-190-free era. For instance, UBmaterials announced that the company has developed a CMP slurry that can be used for CMP in chip production.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on CMP Slurry Market
The global CMP slurry market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~7% during the assessment period. The growth can be primarily attributed to the increasing demand for semiconductors across the consumer electronics sector and the medical device sector. Growing emphasis on R&D activities coupled with widening applications of CMP slurry is anticipated to drive the CMP slurry market during the forecast period. Market players should focus on product development and optimization to enhance their position in the current CMP slurry market landscape.
CMP Slurry Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global CMP slurry market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, usage of CMP slurry in the semiconductor sector and increasing application of CMP slurry in consumer electronics are factors expected to boost the global CMP slurry market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global CMP slurry market is estimated to exceed value of US$ 2.4 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period
CMP Slurries Enabling Technology Status to Aid Growth: A Key Driver of CMP Slurry Market
- Cost reduction and scaling have continued to drive the need for novel technologies, designs, and device architectures such as 3D NAND and 3D FinFETs where CMP has become the key enabler to facilitate these technologies. Therefore, Chemical Mechanical Polishing (CMP) is considered an enabling technology in integrated circuit (IC) manufacturing.
- CMP is a unique technology that allows chip manufacturers to undertake some of the most complex and critical patterning steps. CMP has revolutionized the manufacturing and processing of high-technology semiconductors.
- Thus, the industrial use of CMP slurry is anticipated to grow at a steady pace in both traditional and new segments
- Increasing demand for CMP slurry technology in the global semiconductor sector is projected to have a positive impact on the global CMP slurry market during the forecast period
- The semiconductor industry is changing constantly with manufacturers developing newer products that are smaller, faster, and cheaper. Smaller the product, higher its manufacturing costs, for which capital expenditure costs remain high. With rising development costs, key focus of semiconductor manufacturers should be toward channeling their funds in R&D more efficiently. This, along with consistent differentiation of their products, further helps in yielding better return on investment (ROI). This factor is projected to have a moderately negative impact on the global CMP slurry market during the forecast period.
Increase in Use of Memory Chips in CMP Slurry Application
- Application of CMP slurries is expected to grow further, as the semiconductor industry continues to witness tremendous success in memory chip and logic board categories
- CMP slurry is a prominent polishing/planarization technology used in the semiconductor industry. Semiconductors are found in a vast range of electronic apparatus (servers, consumer electronics, automotive, industrial electronics, etc.). Semiconductors essentially support high-speed processing for modern computers, smartphones, flat-screen displays, and other electronics devices, which is only possible through efficient CMP processing.
- Moreover, the evolving demand for chips is prompting the industry to adopt as well as to develop new productivity tools. Expansion of artificial intelligence (AI), Big Data, and cloud computing is not only creating new growth avenues for chip makers, but also providing opportunities to improve their performance.
- Thus, increase in adoption of consumer electronic devices is expected to drive the expansion of the global CMP slurry market during the forecast period
CMP Slurry Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of CMP slurry have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global CMP slurry market are
- Applied Materials
- Cabot Corporation
- DONGJIN SEMICHEM CO LTD.
- Dow Chemicals
- Fujimi Corporation
- Hitachi Chemical
- Samsung SDI
- Soulbrain Co., Ltd.
CMP Slurry Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of CMP slurry, such as Senko Advanced Components, Molex LLC, and Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd. are focusing on the construction of cost-effective CMP slurry to attract more customers
- Some other key developments in the global CMP slurry market are highlighted below:
- In 2020, Soulbrain Co., Ltd. developed a new poly buffing slurry. The company focuses on research and development, aimed at providing electronics related chemical materials such as chemical mechanical polishing (CMP) slurries to its customers.
- In September 2019, BASF signed an agreement with DuPont. DuPont Safety & Construction is a subsidiary business unit of DuPont Co. BASF aims to sell its ultrafiltration membrane business and expand its product portfolio with new business strategies through this partnership.
- In February 2019, Fujimi Corporation established a HVM site for silicon carbide (SiC) wafer polishing slurries at its Tualatin, Oregon manufacturing plant. Fujimi developed a series of alumina and silica-based polishing slurries for SiC wafer polishing, and these slurries were formulated with non-acidic chemistries at near pH neutral.
- In the global CMP slurry market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of CMP slurry. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global CMP slurry market.
CMP Slurry Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global CMP slurry market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information on key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global CMP slurry market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global CMP slurry market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2020–2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), have been elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global CMP slurry market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players has also been featured in TMR’s study on the global CMP slurry market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global CMP slurry market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global CMP slurry market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study of CMP Slurry Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global CMP slurry market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in the product type segment on the global CMP slurry market?
- Would Asia Pacific continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of CMP slurry over the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global CMP slurry market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global CMP slurry market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global CMP slurry market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global CMP slurry market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed in the production of TMR’s study on the global CMP slurry market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global CMP slurry market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global CMP slurry market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global CMP slurry market more reliable and accurate.
CMP Slurry Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study of the global CMP slurry market, segments the market based on product type, application, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global CMP slurry market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.