The visual fault locator market is expected to gain tremendous growth across the assessment period of 2020-2030 on the back of the rising demand for electricity due to factors such as the booming population numbers and the increasing rural-to-urban migration. These factors will play an important role in the growth of the visual fault locator market.
- The development of smart grids is expected to bring promising growth to the visual fault locator market. In addition, the emergence of smart cities coupled with the escalating urbanization levels will bring exponential growth opportunities for the visual fault locator market.
- Research and development activities will have a significant role in the growth of the visual fault locator market. The players invest massive amounts in these activities for upgrading their products. These activities help in the revenue expansion measures, eventually increasing the growth rate of the visual fault locator market.
- Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and partnerships have a crucial part in the growth of the visual fault locator market. The players strengthen their foothold with the help of these activities, which ultimately contribute to the growth of the visual fault locator market. Expansion activities are also focused upon, which adds extra stars of growth.
Visual Fault Locator Market
Visual fault locator is also known as a visual fault identifier. The product can be defined as a visible red laser intended to introduce visible light energy into a fiber in order to find out faulty connectors, breaks, sharp bends, and other faults in a device. The product is gaining traction among technicians as it helps them in visually inspecting and finding out fiber defects efficiently. In this tool, a laser diode of 650 nm wavelength is used.
A visual fault locator emits bright red light beam, which can be easily detected from a distance. In order to use this tool, it is connected to one end of a fiber and then the fiber is located at the other end. Growing use of this tool for carrying out simple end-to-end continuity checks is resulting into high demand avenues for enterprises in the visual fault locator market.
Major players in the global visual fault locator market are growing participation in various strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations. These tactics are helping vendors in expanding their regional presence as well as production capabilities. Apart from this, many enterprises are actively investing in research and development activities in order to launch innovative products. Owing to the presence of all these activities, the market for visual fault locator is estimated to expand at decent pace in the upcoming years.
Visual Fault Locator: Introduction
- A visual fault locator allows a technician to visually spot detects by emitting a red laser at the fault location.
- A visual fault locator is an ideal tool for detecting a large number of defects that occur in OTDRs (Optical time-domain reflectometer) “blind-spots” or dead-zones.
- The various types of visual fault locators available in the market include fiber tracers, visual fault finder, visual fault indicator, visual fault identifier, visual fault detector, visual fault light, and visual fault locator pen. These are used in various applications such as installation, fault finding, continuity checking, polarity checking, and others.
Rise in Demand for Fiber Tracers
- Fiber tracers are expected to be the fastest growing segment based on type in the visual fault locator market during the forecast period.
- Various problems encountered in troubleshooting fiber optic networks are related to making proper connections. Fiber optics use infrared light (IR), which cannot be seen by the human eye. Fiber tracer visual fault locator solves this problem by locating breakpoint, bending, or cracking of the fiberglass. Thus, demand for fiber tracers is growing across the world.
- The establishment of new smart grids, and installation & rearrangement of telecommunication lines and communication cables are the major drivers that help in surging the growth of the visual fault locator market.
- Reduced profit margins and the presence of unorganized manufacturers hinders the entry of national and international suppliers. These are the major restraints of the global visual fault locator market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Visual Fault Locator Market
- In terms of region, the global visual fault locator market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the highest growth rate throughout the forecast period due to increasing industrialization, growing urbanization, and a rising electronics & telecommunication industry in the region.
- Moreover, the high demand for new and advanced visual fault locators in various end-use industries, due to the growing industrialization in major Asian countries such as China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, and India boosts the visual fault locator market in the region.
- North America is likely to follow Asia Pacific in terms of share in the visual fault locator market during the forecast period due to huge spending on visual fault locators expected in the next few years owing to aging of optical cables & transmission lines and increasing maintenance of various end-use industries.
- The visual fault locator market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Visual Fault Locator Market
The global visual fault locator market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for visual fault locators. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global visual fault locator market are:
- Fluke Corporation
- Fujikura Ltd.
- America Fujikura Ltd.
- Anixter International Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Visual Fault Locator Market, Request for a Sample
Global Visual Fault Locator Market: Research Scope
Global Visual Fault Locator Market, by Type
- Fiber Tracers
- Visual Fault Finder
- Visual Fault Indicator
- Visual Fault Identifier
- Visual Fault Detector
- Visual Fault Light
- Visual Fault Locator Pen
Global Visual Fault Locator Market, by Application
- Fault Finding
- Continuity Checking
- Polarity Checking
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!