Global Tunable Chips Market – Introduction
- A tunable chip is a particular type of chip, whose operating wavelength can be transformed quickly into another wavelength. These chips require continuous tuning over a significant range of chip wavelengths, while other types of chips allow small changes in wavelength output. These chips can provide the required wavelength remotely and deploy all-optical layers. The switching conditions are also inherent in the wavelength of the tunable chips themselves. On the other hand, fixed-wavelength chips are based on an intellectual network to switch their signals to termination.
- A fully integrated, widely tunable semiconductor chip offers a large number of advantages over its mechanically tuned counterparts in terms of size, weight, and cost. This chip has also the ability to integrate with other components in order to achieve additional functionality. Integration of monolithic and heterogeneous processes assembles multiple devices and optical features on a single chip, so that all optical links are on-chip and do not require external alignment.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Tunable Chips Market
- High adoption of smartphones and social networking has created high requirement for network capacity. This is further anticipated to increase the need for network expansion by using tunable chips. Surging manufacturers’ need for transmitters is expected to drive the demand for tunable chips in the near future. Furthermore, factors such as flexible tuning options, cost control, competitive advantage, and implementation speed for metro network carriers are anticipated to fuel the global tunable chips market significantly during the forecast period.
- Through remotely controlling the device, tunable chips simplify the addition or removal of bandwidth, thereby supporting various on-demand services. Advancements in the global broadband communication industry are expected to boost the demand for tunable chips during the forecast period. The need for more reliable, high-speed, and scalable networks paves the way for research and development of better chip technology. Tunable chips help maximize the existing resources in a network.
- Due to various benefits offered by tunable chips, such as flexible switch points, high gap tolerance, multiple applications, excellent field performance on several OEM platforms, and low-cost designs, the demand for these chips is rapidly increasing
- However, tunable chips are expensive than their fixed-wavelength counterparts. Also, poor performance of previous tunable chip models can pose threat to the market. This factor is acting as a restraint of the global tunable chips market.
- Furthermore, increasing demand for laser-based facial and skin rejuvenation treatments is expected to fuel the demand for CO2 lasers. This, in turn, drives the global market for tunable chips. In addition, advancements in chemistry and nanotechnology are fueling the demand for tunable chips. Demand for tunable chips is expected to increase in the next few years, due to their use in the development of hyper-spectral imaging to facilitate early detection of retinal diseases.
- Irrespective of various challenges, advancements in the field of sensors and sensing components and development of a platform called crystalline SiC-on-insulator are expected to provide immense opportunities to the global tunable chips market during the forecast period
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
North America to Lead Global Market for Tunable Chips
- In terms of region, the global tunable chips market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the most rapidly expanding market for tunable chips during the forecast period. This is attributable to rapid ongoing industrialization, which has resulted in reduction in the manufacturing cost in developing countries as well as growth of the automotive sector.
- North America is estimated to hold a major share of the global tunable chips market between 2019 and 2027, due to development of advanced medical tunable lasers. The number of applications of tunable chips is likely to increase significantly in medical devices and treatments, fiber optic communications, and the automotive industry during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global tunable chips market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Daylight Solutions
- Fujitsu Optical Components Ltd.
- JDS Uniphase Corporation
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Finisar Corp.
- Santur Corporation
- EMCORE Corporation
- NEC Corporation
- NeoPhotonics Corporation
- Coherent Inc.
- Oclaro, Inc.
- Santec Corporation
- Yenista Optics SA
Global Tunable Chips Market: Research Scope
Global Tunable Chips Market, by Application
- Engraving & Marking
- Micro Processing
Global Tunable Chips Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.