- Triac as a semiconductor device has gained traction in the past few years due to its applications in small utility electronic gadgets and motors for speed control of electric fans, light dimmers, and a number of small and major computerized household appliances. The primary reason to look at this market is the involvement of triacs in small-scale utility products, which boosts the growth of the global triacs market.
- The primary and foremost feature for the use of triacs over its competitors such as triode and SCRs is that triac is bi-directional, which is not the case for triodes and SCRs. Triac, abbreviated as Triode for Alternating Current, is not only used for alternating current (AC), but also direct current (DC).
- Triac is a three terminal solid-state power-switching device, which can be triggered in conduction by both positive and negative voltage applied to its anode and gate, making it a two-quadrant switching gate controlled device. This feature of triac has gained it various applications in the market.
Triacs Market: Dynamics
- The primary driver of the global triacs market is the cost factor associated with using one triac in place of two thyristors. Manufacturers opt for a triac in place of two thyristors to cut down cost of production. Another driver would be the increase in use of household and utility products in the market, most of which contain a triac for functioning.
- The major challenge faced by the global triacs market is that switching in triac is not symmetrical, which leads to a number of problems such as high level of harmonics and EMI problems. These drive manufacturers to either opt for some extra circuitry or keep the triac use to certain applications.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Triacs Market, Request for a Sample
Merger, Acquisitions, and Tie-ups to offer Significant Opportunities
- Companies are expanding product portfolios and strive to meet customer requirements. Manufacturers enter into tie-ups and collaborations for business expansion. This is expected to offer significant opportunities to new and established players in the market.
- In November 2016, Central Semiconductor Corp. announced a distribution agreement with Avnet, Inc., a technology distributor. Central Semiconductor Corp’s. product portfolio including diodes and triacs will be available for purchase by customers in North America through Avnet group.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Market
- The global triacs market can be segmented into five major regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- The triacs market in North America is expected to witness strong growth during the forecast period owing to the adoption of triacs by several industries to implement household and utility products. North America is expected to be followed by Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Growth of the market in North America and Europe is attributed to the presence of small and large household and utility device manufacturers
- Asia Pacific is likely to be a leading market for triacs in terms of revenue during the forecast period due to the presence of a number of players and increase in applications
Key Players in the Global Market
The global triacs market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market focus on technological developments and expansion to meet the growing demand for triacs. Moreover, manufacturers enter into partnerships for the development of innovative products and boost revenue.
Key players operating in the global triacs market include:
- ON Semiconductor
- Renesas Electronics
- Mitsubishi Electric
- IXYS Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Triacs Market: Research Scope
Global Triacs Market, by Stoppage Voltage
- More than 20A
Global Triacs Market, by Application
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.