Track Mounted Gangway: Introduction
- A track mounted gangway, also known as self-adjusting stair (SAS), is made of various materials such as aluminum, galvanized steel or stainless steel. The track mounted gangway provides virtually unlimited access to one or multiple hatches/ vehicles and enables the unit to move along the side of the loading platform.
- The track mounted gangway can be automatically lowered or raised to meet the varying levels of ships and barges. The mounts of tracking gangways may be fixed or pivoting, depending on the application. They provide an effective solution for unloading and loading cargo.
- Track mounted gangways are extensively utilized in various sectors, such as automotive, aerospace, rail, shipbuilding, construction, manufacturing, etc., where use metals
- The global track mounted gangway market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to an increase in the demand for track mounted gangways from automotive and aerospace sectors
Global Track Mounted Gangway Market: Dynamics
Global Track Mounted Gangway Market: Key Drivers
- Rise in demand for access to multiple hatches on a truck or multiple rail cars among end-users is expected to boost the track mounted gangway market during the forecast period.
- Increase in demand for optimization of value chain process, by improving the work rates of loading and unloading goods, is also anticipated to propel the track mounted gangway market in the next few years
- The track mounted gangway rolls on a unique wheel and track system, enabling the gangway to be moved effortlessly; hence, adoption by various end-users is expected to increase in the next few years.
- Shift from manual track mounted gangways to automated track mounted gangways by end-users is anticipated to further propel the track mounted gangway market in the next few years
- Increase in industrialization and investment in infrastructure projects by governments of various countries, worldwide, is estimated to fuel the demand for track mounted gangways during the forecast period
- High cost of track mounted gangways is a key factor that hampers the usage of track mounted gangways, and this factor is estimated to hinder the market during the forecast period
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Track Mounted Gangway Market
- The impact of COVID-19 is being witnessed in every sector of the global economy, including the global metal, manufacturing, automotive, and railway industries. Manufacturing activities in each sector across the globe were suspended during the lockdown. Unavailability of raw material due to closure of borders also had a negative impact on the track mounted gangway market. During the COVID-19 pandemic, shutdowns or project delays due to social distancing and closure of manufacturing units is expected to result in a significant decline in total manufacturing and sale of track mounted gangway output for the year, which is estimated to adversely impact the market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Track Mounted Gangway Market
- In terms of region, the global track mounted gangway market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America and Europe dominated the global track mounted gangway market in 2019, due to the presence of a large number of manufacturing and process industries in the region
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to increase at a rapid pace during the forecast period, primarily due to increase in industrialization across the region. China is a key market in Asia Pacific. China is the hub of manufacturing industry. Furthermore, the track mounted gangway market in India is also increasing due to the presence of a large number of manufacturing, food processing, automobile and other industries in the country, which in turn is anticipated to drive the track mounted gangways market in the region.
Global Track Mounted Gangway Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active in the global track mounted gangway market. Hence, the market is fairly fragmented, and the bargaining power of suppliers is low. The degree of competition among market players is also high. Rapid technological advancements have created opportunities in the global track mounted gangway market. Market players are gradually focusing on merger & acquisition activities to develop new products and improve their existing product offerings.
Key Players Operating in Global Track Mounted Gangway Market:
- Air Process Systems & Conveyors Co., Inc.
- CAI Safety Systems
- Carbis Loadtec Group
- Carbis Solutions
- NORTHERN PLATFORMS
- Safe Harbor Access Systems
- Sam Carbis Solutions Group
- Tri-Arc, LLC
- Western Safety Products, Inc.
Global Track Mounted Gangway Market: Research Scope
Global Track Mounted Gangway Market, by Type
- Single Track Mounted Gangway
- Multiple Track Mounted Gangway
Global Track Mounted Gangway Market, by Material
Global Track Mounted Gangway Market, by Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Metal working
Global Track Mounted Gangway Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!