Global Electric Arc Furnaces Market Introduction
- Electric arc furnace is a high-temperature furnace that is primarily used to produce crude steel with high voltage electric arcs in steel mini-mills
- Electric arc furnace recycle steel scrap and direct reduced iron and mixture of scrap iron into new steel products
Global Electric Arc Furnaces Market Dynamics
- Expansion of power supply infrastructure is considered to be a key factor promoting the demand for electric arc furnaces
- In emerging countries, including China and India, capacities of power generation installations have been rising prominently since 2010 owing to the installation of ultra-supercritical thermal power plants and modernization of existing power plants. Therefore, most leading steel producing countries have surplus electric power that is used to cater to the electricity needs of mini-mills.
- Globally, steel is produced using two routes, namely BF-BOF (blast furnace- basic oxygen furnace) route and EAF (electric arc furnaces) route. Steel production through BF-BOF route requires huge capital investment to meet the rising demand for iron ore, coking coal, and limestone. Moreover, large investments are required in railroads to carry raw materials to integrated steel plants and to ship finished products to end-user industries.
- EAF requires comparatively less capital investment to produce steel, as mini-mills use scrap steel as raw material. EAF route eliminates all other investment requirements associated with storage, transportation, and processing facilities of cooking iron ore and coal.
- Therefore, the low investment requirements associated with material handling and processing of raw materials to produce steel through EAF route, as compared to BF-BOF route, is expected to fuel the demand for electric arc furnaces and thereby, drive the market in the near future.
- Downsizing of the steel production industry in China poses a serious threat to the adoption of electric arc furnaces and thereby hamper the market
- The Government of China has closed down several illegal and outdated steel plants to reduce pollution levels in various Chinese cities including Hebei and Beijing
- China is a major producer, consumer, and exporter of steel, globally, thus downsizing of the steel industry in the country is expected to restrain the electric arc furnaces market
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Electric Arc Furnaces Market: Segmentation Analysis
- Based on type, the global electric arc furnaces market can be segmented into DC arc furnace and AC arc furnace.
- The DC arc furnace segment accounted for a major share of the market in 2018. The segment is estimated to gain market share and thereby maintain its leading position in the electric arc furnaces market during the forecast period.
- In terms of application, the electric arc furnaces market can be categorized into ore smelting, metal smelting, and others.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Market for Electric Arc Furnaces
- In terms of region, the global electric arc furnaces market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to dominate the global electric arc furnaces market from 2019 to 2027 followed by Europe and North America. Increasing demand from the steel industry has driven the electric arc furnaces market in Asia Pacific.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand significantly in the near future. The steel industry in countries in Asia Pacific, such as China and India, is witnessing significant expansion. This is expected to be a major factor that drives the demand for electric arc furnaces, and thereby boost the electric arc furnaces market in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global electric arc furnaces market was fairly fragmented in 2018, owing to the presence of multiple established market players who held a prominent market share. The market is witnessing expansion and hence, electric arc furnaces manufacturers are focused on innovations, product development, and are adoption of advanced technologies to produce innovative products at low cost in order to meet the changing need of end-users; consequently, creating a competitive environment in the electric arc furnaces market. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Danieli Group
- DescriptionIHI Corporation
- Electrotherm Limited
- Primetals Technologies Limited
- Sinosteel Corporation
- SMS Group
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Global Electric Arc Furnaces Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Arc Furnaces Market, by Type
- DC Arc Furnace
- AC Arc Furnace
Global Electric Arc Furnaces Market, by Application
- Ore Smelting
- Metal Smelting
Global Electric Arc Furnaces Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.