Tin Plated Wire: Introduction
- Tinned plated wire is a type of copper wire coated in a thin layer of tin to protect the copper from corrosion that would decrease the wire's efficiency in humid or rainy climates, high-heat environments and in certain types of soil.
- Tin-plated copper wires are used in applications where the base material is not exposed to high temperatures, as tin has low melting temperature. Tinned copper conductors are marginally expensive, as compare to bare copper wires.
- The benefits of tin-plated wire include that the coating of copper and copper alloy conductors by tin boosts their operating temperature up to 150°C. On the other hand tin coating also increases their solder ability properties.
- Shelf-life of tin-plated wires can be maximized by proper packaging and storage in a temperature-controlled environment. Tin-coated copper conductors used in electrical applications are specified by ASTM-B33, which also defines general requirements such as elongation percentage, resistivity, dimensions and permissible variations, adherence and continuity of coating, test methods.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Various Benefits offered by the Tin Plated Wire over Normal Copper Wires is Expected to boost up the Market Growth of Tin Plated Wire
- There are several inherent advantages of tin plated copper wire as compared to non-tinned copper wire such as longevity and anti-corrosion properties.
- It has been observed that tin copper wire lasts longer and produces amazing results even after years of deployment. On the other hand, non-tinned copper wires are not able to last as much longer.
- Additionally, tinned copper wire reflects anti-corrosion properties which make them effective in marine usage as well as in those areas which have high moisture and humidity.
- Lastly, tin copper wire has more electrical conductivity as compared to non-tinned copper wire and so these are the best materials to be being used in delicate gadgets.
Low Cost of Tin Plated Manufacturing is Estimate Offer Lucrative Opportunities in Automotive and Consumer Electronics Segment
- Tin plating of wire is a relatively low-cost process that is favored by budget-conscious companies for many types of electronics industry manufacturing applications.
- Tin-lead typically does not require an undercoating, which simplifies the plating process and minimizes costs. These reduced costs of component manufacturing is also beneficial for the electronics and automotive manufacturers in various means.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Tin Plated Wire market”
Manufacturers in Asia Pacific Ramping up the production of tin Plated Wires
- In terms of region, the global Tin Plated Wire market can be split into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Tin Plated Wire market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. Various manufacturers from China, India, Vietnam and other countries are increasing the production for tinned plated copper wires.
- With the use of plastic likely declining following a ban on the material, domestic wire manufacturers appear rather optimistic about an increase in tinplated wires demand, and are adding capacities to raise tin output.
- Tin Plated Wire market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth. This market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to show sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players in Global Market
The global Tin Plated Wire market is highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological developments and expansions to meet the growing demand for Tin Plated Wire. Moreover, manufacturers are entering partnerships for the development of innovative products and gain higher profit margins.
Key players operating in the global Tin Plated Wire market include:
- Ningbo Holden Cable Co., Ltd.
- Henan Jinshui Cable Group Co., Ltd.
- Zhuhai Wi-Top Electronics Co., Ltd
- Shanghai Kuka Special Cable Co., Ltd
- Shenzhen Chengtiantai Cable Industrial Development Co., Ltd,
- Wintex Metal
Global Tin Plated Wire Market: Research Scope
Global Tin Plated Wire Market, by Type
- Single Plate
- Double Plate
Global Tin Plated Wire Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace and Defense
Global Tin Plated Wire Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.