Resistors are commonly used to provide desired drop in voltage or minimize the flow of electric current within a circuit. Resistors can be distinguished into variable resistors and fixed resistors. Based on connecting method, these types can be sub-divided into leaded and nonleaded. Leaded fixed resistors are known as through-hole fixed resistors. These resistors have defined ohmic resistance. They are commonly produced in an axial lead style. They have long, bendable leads that are injected into holes in circuit boards. Through-hole fixed resistors that are made of carbon films are suitable for use in high-tolerance applications, while resistors made of metal films are suitable for general applications. Large circuit boards and prototyping projects with no soldering requirement prefer through-hole fixed resistors. These resistors are largely used in automotive, telecommunication, and medical applications.
The through-hole technology has proved useful even in this age of surface mount technology, offering several benefits such as high reliability and high precision. Leads in through-hole fixed resistors run through the board, allowing the components to tolerate high environmental stress. Hence, these resistors are best suited for use in applications, which require high reliability and strong connection and experience extremes in temperatures, collision, and acceleration, such as military and aerospace. Furthermore, the through-hole mounting technology offers a stronger bond between the component and the PCB as compared to the surface mount technology. Also, through-hole fixed resistors are simply replaceable and they can be used with breadboard openings. Therefore, design engineers highly prefer through-hole resistors for use in prototyping. Furthermore, fixed resistors have resistance that changes only slightly with temperature, time, or operating voltage, which makes the electronic device more stable. These advantages of the through-hole technology and fixed resistors are driving the through-hole fixed resistors. However, the through-hole technology lengthens production time as it involves the PCB drilling process, which directly increases the production cost. It also limits the availability of routing, due to insertion of leads through the hole. These factors are expected to indirectly hamper the through-hole fixed resistors market in the near future.
The through-hole fixed resistors market can be segmented based on resistive technology, resistance value, tolerance value, application, and region. Based on resistive technology, the through-hole fixed resistors market can be segmented into carbon film resistors, metal film resistors, wirewound resistors, carbon composition resistors, metal oxide resistors, and others. Among these, wirewound resistors are typically used in high-power, industrial applications such as fuses and circuit breakers. In terms of resistance value, the through-hole fixed resistors market can be divided into 0–0.01 ohm, 0.01–0.1 ohm, 0.1–10 ohm, 10 ohm – 1 M-ohm, 1 M-ohm – 1 G-ohm, and above 1 G-ohm. Based on tolerance value, the through-hole fixed resistors market can be segregated into 0.005–0.01%, 0.01–0.1%, 0.1–1%, 1–5%, and above 5%. In terms of application, the through-hole fixed resistors market can be classified into telecommunication, medical, aerospace & defense, automotive, and others. In terms of geography, the global through-hole fixed resistors market can be divided into North America, Europe, South America, Middle East & Africa, and Asia Pacific.
The through-hole fixed resistors market is highly fragmented with several players operating in the market. Leading players in the through-hole fixed resistors market are focusing on production of resistors with high performance. Some of the key players in the through-hole fixed resistors market are manufacturers such as Vishay Intertechnology, Inc., YAGEO Corporation, TE Connectivity Ltd., Stackpole Electronics, Inc., NIC Components Corp., Panasonic Corporation, Bourns, Inc., Avnet, Inc., Riedon, Inc., Caddock Electronics, Inc., TT Electronics plc., Ohmite Mfg. Co, koa Speer Electronics, INC., and AVX Corporation.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.