Campus Switch: Introduction
- DCB stands for Direct Copper Bonding and AMB stands for Active Metal Brazing denotes a process in which copper and ceramic material are fused together, at high temperatures. AMB, or Active Metal Brazing, enables ceramic to be joined to metal without metallization.
- DCB and AMB ceramic substrates are highly popular for the assembly and packaging of IGBT and MOSFET bare dies in power modules
- The DCB and AMB process yields a thin base and eliminates the need for thick, heavy copper bases that were used in the past
DCB and AMB Substrate Optimized for Power Electronics
- DCB and AMB substrate have characteristics such as thermal conductivity: about four times greater than alumina, mechanical properties: a substrate that has excellent mechanical properties, such as high fracture toughness and bending strength, and is durable under severe conditions involving rapid temperature changes, and thermal expansion ratio: close to that of silicon
- Such physical properties and characteristics boost the use of this substrate in power electronics, such as power transistor modules, electric railway, automotive applications, windmill turbines, traction applications, and high voltage DC transmissions, where high reliability, heat dissipation, and partial discharge are required
- Power electronics modules are particularly needed for the rapidly expanding e-mobility market. Consistent rise in the number of hybrid and electric vehicles across the globe boosts the demand for efficient, cost-effective, and reliable power electronic components, which in turn is estimated to propel the global DCB and AMB substrate market during the forecast period.
- Rise in utilization of power semiconductor modules installed in electric drivetrains also drives the global DCB and AMB substrate market
- Volatility in price of raw materials of substrates and the presence of limited quality cheap products in the market are major factors restraining the global DCB and AMB substrate market
Asia Pacific to Lead Global DCB and AMB Substrate Market
- In terms of region, the global DCB and AMB substrate market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The DCB and AMB substrate market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to an increase in industrial machinery such as machine tools, semiconductor manufacturing equipment, wind power generation, FA robots, and electric railway projects in the region
- Rapid industrialization, expansion of manufacturing activities, and the presence of a large number of manufacturing companies adopting automation further fuel the demand for DCB and AMB substrate
- Increasing investments by major player of the electronics industry in Asia Pacific is also boosting the demand for DCB and AMB substrate in the region
- The DCB and AMB substrate market in North America is estimated to follow Asia Pacific in terms of expansion during the forecast period due to considerably high demand for DCB and AMB substrate in the next few years and rising adoption of hybrid vehicles and industrial machinery technology in the region
- The DCB and AMB substrate market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to a rise in the demand for DCB and AMB substrate from countries in Western Europe. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global DCB and AMB Substrate Market
The global DCB and AMB substrate market was highly fragmented in 2020. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancement and expansion to meet the rising demand for a DCB and AMB substrate. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global DCB and AMB substrate market are:
- Ferrotec (USA) Corporation
- NGK ELECTRONICS DEVICES, INC.
- Mitsubishi Materials Corporation
- IXYS Corporation
- KYOCERA Corporation
- Rogers Corporation
- KCC CORPORATION
- DALEBA ELECTRONICS LTD
- Denka Company Limited
- DOWA HD Europe GmbH
Global DCB and AMB Substrate Market: Research Scope
Global DCB and AMB Substrate Market, by Material
- ZTA Ceramic
- Al2O3 Ceramic
- SiN Ceramic
- AlN Ceramic
Global DCB and AMB Substrate Market, by Thickness
- 0.1mm to 0.3mm
- 0.3 mm to 0.6mm
- 0.6mm to 1.0mm
- Above 1.0mm
Global DCB and AMB Substrate Market, by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
- IT & Telecommunication
- Others (Healthcare, Energy & Utility)
Global DCB and AMB Substrate Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.