A radar sensor is an electronic device that detects the velocity and position of an object located at a distance such as an aircraft, ship, vehicle, or motor bike. Radar sensors detect electromagnetic emissions with the help of a superheterodyne receiver. It then notifies the person in the vehicle when the transmission is identified. At present, the GPS technology is embedded into these sensors which facilitates the storage of locations prompted by the sensor when the user reaches their destination.
The global market for radar sensors is segmented on the basis of type into the following categories: imaging radar (primary) and non-imaging radar (secondary).Imaging radar is further sub-divided into the continuous wave (CW) radar and pulse radar varieties and non-imaging radar into speed gauge and radar altimeter types. Non-imaging radar accounted for a major share in the market in 2015 owing to its extensive usage in traffic management & monitoring, spacecraft, aircraft, and the automotive sector. In terms of band, the global market is segregated into HF, VHF, & UHF bands; L, S, C, & X bands; and Ku, K, Ka, V, & W bands. Ku, K, Ka, V, & W bands are estimated to exhibit a rapid growth rate over the forecast period owing to their wide usage in the automotive sector for collision mitigation (CM), lane-change assist (LCA), blind spot detection (BSD), and adaptive cruise control (ACC) applications. Based on range, the global market for radar sensors is segregated into the short-range, long-range, and mid-range groups, among which long-range radar sensors held the dominant market share in 2015 and are projected to retain this position till 2024 owing to their employment in weapon control systems, air mapping systems, marine radar systems, and surveillance systems. Applications of radar sensors include automotive, aerospace & defense, industrial, security & surveillance, traffic management & monitoring, weather & environmental monitoring, and others, among which the automotive division is anticipated to expand substantially on account of the growing awareness around safety products and subsequent rising number of radar sensors in automobiles.
Major drivers of the global radar sensors market include geopolitical instabilities, increasing territorial conflicts in various regions, rising demand from the defense sector with militaries looking forward to replace legacy systems, and the growing focus on comfort, safety, and assistance features in vehicles. High development costs, however are a major restraint hindering the global radar sensor market. Emergence of driverless cars is touted to be an excellent opportunity for radar sensors globally in the near future. In addition, augmented spending in the defense sector especially in developing countries is expected to trigger the overall expansion of this market.
Geographically, the global radar sensor market is distributed over North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. North America held the key share in this market in 2015 and is predicted to grow steadily over the forecast period, whereas Asia Pacific is likely to display a speedy rate of development owing to increased government spending to strengthen weapon guidance and surveillance capabilities in countries such as India, China, and Japan.
Key players of the global radar sensor market include NXP Semiconductors N.V., Delphi Automotive PLC, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Denso Corporation, Continental AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, Airbus Group, Infineon Technologies AG, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Autoliv Inc, and Raytheon Company.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?