Thermosiphon System: Introduction
- Thermosiphon (or thermosyphon) is a method of passive heat exchange, based on natural convection, which circulates a fluid without the necessity of a mechanical pump.
- Thermosiphoning is used for circulation of liquids and volatile gases in heating and cooling applications such as heat pumps, water heaters, boilers, and furnaces. Thermosiphoning also occurs across air temperature gradients such as those utilized in a wood fire chimney or solar chimney.
- This circulation can either be open-loop, as when the substance in a holding tank is passed in one direction via a heated transfer tube mounted at the bottom of the tank to a distribution point—even one mounted above the originating tank—or it can be a vertical closed-loop circuit with return to the original container.
- Its purpose is to simplify the transfer of liquid or gas while avoiding the cost and complexity of a conventional pump.
Key Drivers and Restraints of the Global Thermosiphon System Market
- Some of the factors driving the thermosiphon system market are its simplicity and no moving parts. Moreover, it requires no electricity for operation.
- Thermosiphon systems have very good freeze protection if used with antifreeze and its basic principles can be well understood by conventional plumbing trades. Unlike other heaters these systems have no problems with hard water and can be powered by PV (Photovoltaic).
- Thermosiphon systems are the simplest reliable freeze protection systems, and fluids are not subject to stagnation temperatures. They are also simple to homebrew, supported and driven by PV (Photovoltaic), that is, through light-electricity.
- Some of the factors that might affect the thermosiphon market are that the freeze protection is typically poor in it and inefficient in cold climates and these problems usually occur in small sized systems.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Factors Driving the Global Thermosiphon System Market
- By eliminating the need for a pump, thermosiphon systems reduce the overall complexity involved in taking advantage of solar power. Thermosiphon systems are thus more reliable and require little maintenance.
- Given that pumps require electricity to operate, their exclusion from thermosiphon systems make such systems significantly efficient to operate. Through simple precautions, thermosiphon heating systems are easily protected against adverse conditions (such as freezing). The HTF used in these systems typically includes a non-toxic antifreeze ingredient that reduces the risk of equipment damage in extremely cold weather.
- Meanwhile, the water tanks of thermosiphon systems are heavily insulated to conserve heat and prevent the potable water supply from freezing. Some homes are big enough to have the water storage tank of the thermosiphon system installed under a roof structure, which could offer another layer of protection. These factors are expected to boost the growth of the thermosiphon market
Power Industry Segment to Offer Growth Opportunities
- Based on application, the global thermosiphon system market can be categorized into metallurgical industry, petrochemical, power industry, and textile industry. The market is highly advanced in the power industry sector.
- Despite certain limitations of thermosiphon water heaters, they still present some distinct advantages to homeowners who want a reliable, low-maintenance option of harnessing solar power. When designed and installed properly, they provide a steady supply of hot water at minimal cost and can function for years with virtually no maintenance.
North America to Lead the Global Thermosiphon System Market
- The global thermosiphon system market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a significant market for thermosiphon systems due to the presence of several key market players.
- Substantial investment in research and development by various end-user segments in the region are anticipated to drive the global thermosiphon system market in North America
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Thermosiphon System Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in the Global Thermosiphon System Market
Key players operating in the global thermosiphon system market include:
- KBB Kollektorbau GmbH
- Cooling House
- iG SolTherm
- Rheem PremierHiline
- YOUR HOME TECH
Global Thermosiphon System Market: Research Scope
Global Thermosiphon System Market, by Type
- Circulation System
- Direct System
Global Thermosiphon System Market, by Application
- Metallurgical Industry
- Power Industry
- Textile Industry
Global Thermosiphon System Market, by End-user
- Cosmetics & Household Products
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Food Industry
- Chemicals Industry
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.