Thermosiphon System: Introduction
- Thermosiphon (or thermosyphon) is a method of passive heat exchange, based on natural convection, which circulates a fluid without the necessity of a mechanical pump.
- Thermosiphoning is used for circulation of liquids and volatile gases in heating and cooling applications such as heat pumps, water heaters, boilers, and furnaces. Thermosiphoning also occurs across air temperature gradients such as those utilized in a wood fire chimney or solar chimney.
- This circulation can either be open-loop, as when the substance in a holding tank is passed in one direction via a heated transfer tube mounted at the bottom of the tank to a distribution point—even one mounted above the originating tank—or it can be a vertical closed-loop circuit with return to the original container.
- Its purpose is to simplify the transfer of liquid or gas while avoiding the cost and complexity of a conventional pump.
Key Drivers and Restraints of the Global Thermosiphon System Market
- Some of the factors driving the thermosiphon system market are its simplicity and no moving parts. Moreover, it requires no electricity for operation.
- Thermosiphon systems have very good freeze protection if used with antifreeze and its basic principles can be well understood by conventional plumbing trades. Unlike other heaters these systems have no problems with hard water and can be powered by PV (Photovoltaic).
- Thermosiphon systems are the simplest reliable freeze protection systems, and fluids are not subject to stagnation temperatures. They are also simple to homebrew, supported and driven by PV (Photovoltaic), that is, through light-electricity.
- Some of the factors that might affect the thermosiphon market are that the freeze protection is typically poor in it and inefficient in cold climates and these problems usually occur in small sized systems.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Factors Driving the Global Thermosiphon System Market
- By eliminating the need for a pump, thermosiphon systems reduce the overall complexity involved in taking advantage of solar power. Thermosiphon systems are thus more reliable and require little maintenance.
- Given that pumps require electricity to operate, their exclusion from thermosiphon systems make such systems significantly efficient to operate. Through simple precautions, thermosiphon heating systems are easily protected against adverse conditions (such as freezing). The HTF used in these systems typically includes a non-toxic antifreeze ingredient that reduces the risk of equipment damage in extremely cold weather.
- Meanwhile, the water tanks of thermosiphon systems are heavily insulated to conserve heat and prevent the potable water supply from freezing. Some homes are big enough to have the water storage tank of the thermosiphon system installed under a roof structure, which could offer another layer of protection. These factors are expected to boost the growth of the thermosiphon market
Power Industry Segment to Offer Growth Opportunities
- Based on application, the global thermosiphon system market can be categorized into metallurgical industry, petrochemical, power industry, and textile industry. The market is highly advanced in the power industry sector.
- Despite certain limitations of thermosiphon water heaters, they still present some distinct advantages to homeowners who want a reliable, low-maintenance option of harnessing solar power. When designed and installed properly, they provide a steady supply of hot water at minimal cost and can function for years with virtually no maintenance.
North America to Lead the Global Thermosiphon System Market
- The global thermosiphon system market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a significant market for thermosiphon systems due to the presence of several key market players.
- Substantial investment in research and development by various end-user segments in the region are anticipated to drive the global thermosiphon system market in North America
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Thermosiphon System Market, Request for a Sample
Key Players Operating in the Global Thermosiphon System Market
Key players operating in the global thermosiphon system market include:
- KBB Kollektorbau GmbH
- Cooling House
- iG SolTherm
- Rheem PremierHiline
- YOUR HOME TECH
Global Thermosiphon System Market: Research Scope
Global Thermosiphon System Market, by Type
- Circulation System
- Direct System
Global Thermosiphon System Market, by Application
- Metallurgical Industry
- Power Industry
- Textile Industry
Global Thermosiphon System Market, by End-user
- Cosmetics & Household Products
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Food Industry
- Chemicals Industry
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.