Global Tanning Machines Market – Introduction
- Tanning machines provide natural color to the skin and works on the tanned or burnt skin. Brown pigmented skin that is caused due to excessive exposure to sunlight is revitalized into a new or same shade of tanned skin after using tanning machines. Spray tanning machines are used to get a natural-looking shade of tan by spraying a mist on the specified areas of skin. The chemical involved in the process is Dihydroxyacetone (DHA), where the colorless chemical interacts with amino acids which naturally occur in skin cells. The contact between chemicals and natural skin amino acids provides several darker shades to skin, eliminating tan. Apart from spraying mist on the tanned skin, tanning beds emit ultraviolet radiation to produce a cosmetic tan and removes discoloration. A brownish pigment called “melanin” is produced by ultraviolet rays stimulating melanocytes. Melanin protects the skin from burning. Tanning machines overall helps in providing several shades of tan to tanned skin.
- Tanning machines are seen mostly in salons, providing customers deeper and longer-lasting tan and superior results, thereby increasing the customer base. Different models of tan machines are available at salons such as Mine Tan’s professional machine which is lightweight but powerful enough to deliver flawless spray tan on all skin types. Skin and body care spas include body tanning services such as use of Versa spa spray machines which neutralizes pH levels and treats the skin against sun burns, suntans, heat rashes, etc. Tanning machines give a bronze shade/color to the skin which is similar to the color of the tanned skin. Further, the color using tanning machines can be made to a darker bronze shade/color which is 30%-40% darker than the previous bronze shade. Gyms and hotels have also started supporting tanning devices to meet the extra demand of customers while relaxing near a pool, or while exercising in gyms. These factors are boosting the demand for the product in the market.
Increased usage by women and girls, and high demand to remove acne, dermatitis, and skin problems leading to increase in demand for tanning machines
- The use of tanning machines is higher among women and girls than men and boys. The late teens to early–mid 20s with lighter skin is the highest-prevalence age group using tanners. The reasons for using tanning devices include improving appearance, acquiring a pre-holiday tan, and treating a skin condition. Tanning machines make the skin more toned and heals skin blemishes. Problems pertaining to acne, dermatitis, and keratosis are treated using tanning machines. Increasing well-being concerns and higher results achieved to obtain a desired skin tone, type, and color has led to growth of the product in the market.
North America Considered the Dominant Market for Tanning Machines
- In terms of geography, the global tanning machines can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America accounted for major share of the global tanning machines market in 2019. The market in North America is anticipated to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period due to increase in number of salons and spas in the region, owing to the geographical landscape and rising concerns related to skin tones. Doctors are more likely to recommend tanning beds to treat vitamin D deficiency and depression in countries such as the U.S., Canada, Mexico, U.K., Germany, and France, which is projected to surge the sales of tanning machines in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to rising awareness, high disposable income, and growing well-being concerns in developing nations such as China, India, South Korea, Japan, and other Southeast Asian countries. These factors are projected to surge the demand for tanning machines in the Asia Pacific region.
Key Players Operating in the Tanning Machines Market
Major players are likely to face tough market competition during the forecasted timeline. Companies such as Sunco Tanning, SJOLIE INC., The Tanning Store, and Suntana Spray Tan USA are planning to launch products with innovative styles. Companies follow the rules mandated by regulatory frameworks and undertake stringent testing of the tanning machines as it deals with the delicate skin of people. Some of the key players operating in the global tanning machines market include:
- First Tan
- ProSun International, LLC
- SJOLIE INC
- Sunco Tanning
- Suntana Spray Tan USA
- The Tanning Store
- TNT Tanning
- UVL Logistics
Global Tanning Machines Market – Research Scope
Global Tanning Machines Market, by Product Type
- Tanning Beds
- Tanning Booths
- Tanning Lamps
- Others (Tanning Sprays etc.)
Global Tanning Machines Market, by Price Range
Global Tanning Machines Market, by Application
Global Tanning Machines Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company-owned Websites
- E-commerce Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Medical Clinics
- Other (Retail Stores etc.)
Global Tanning Machines Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!