Helmet Market (Type: Sports, Moto, and Safety; Category: Conventional Helmet, Smart Helmet, and Others; Gender: Male, and Female; Price: Low, Medium, and High; Design: Full Face, Open Face, and Half Face; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
AI-based Smart Helmets Detect Temperature to Contain Spread of COVID-19
Companies in the helmet market are exploring new business models after the onset of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Smart helmets are gaining popularity in China among the police department in order to detect possible COVID-19 positive patients. Manufacturers in the China helmet market are boosting their production capabilities to develop nearly indestructible helmets that are equipped with smart features such as temperature detection and vehicle registration plate recognition.
Helmet manufacturers in China are innovating in helmets that deploy head-up display and these helmets are capable of reading body temperatures in real time. Thus, companies in the global market landscape are taking cues from Chinese helmet manufacturers to innovate in smart helmets. AI (Artificial Intelligence)-based cameras in these smart helmets are providing unique advantages in containing the spread of the coronavirus.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Helmet Market
Million Dollar Innovation Competitions Lead to Advancements in Sports Helmets
Design innovation programs by popular sports teams are creating incremental opportunities for companies in the helmet market. For instance, the National Football League (NFL) has sanctioned US$ 3 Mn for its NFL Helmet Challenge, which is encouraging development of helmets that outperform existing products based on laboratory testing. Hence, companies in the helmet market are increasing their R&D muscle to develop cutting-edge products that suit the purposes of sports players.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
New helmet designs are capable of withstanding twists and turns associated with sports. A UC Berkeley neurologist Robert Knight has introduced a new helmet design that prevents the incidence of brain injuries in sports players. Thus, helmet manufacturers should collaborate with researchers and neurologists to introduce new designs in helmets meant for football and hockey players. Apart from sports, manufacturers are aiming to develop helmets for multipurpose use, targeting the needs of police, soldiers, and snowboarders, among others.
Next-gen Motorcycle Helmets Integrated with 360 Degree Visibility and Bluetooth Features
Motorcycle championship winners are awarded several billion dollars as prize money in various competitions. Hence, companies in the helmet market are leveraging value-grab opportunities in the motor sports segment. For instance, CrossHelmet— a smart motorcycle helmet registered on the popular Kickstarter crowdfunding platform is equipped with sound control and 360 degree visibility for the rider. Thus, the introduction of innovative products is estimated to drive the helmet market, which is estimated to reach a value of US$ 34.2 Bn by 2030.
State-of-the-art technologies are bringing about a prominent change in the global market landscape with the introduction of head-up display in motorcycle helmets. Moreover, sound management and Bluetooth features are increasing the popularity of next-gen motorcycle helmets.
Demand for Approved Safety Helmets Rises Due to Fatal Road Accidents
The helmet market is expected to expand at a CAGR ~6% during the forecast period. China and India are one of the most dominant and fastest growing countries in the Asia Pacific region. As such, manufacturers in the helmet market are exploring revenue opportunities in Australia for broadening their business streams. However, adhering to the regulations of the Consumer Rating and Assessment of Safety Helmets (CRASH) consortium has become crucial for helmet manufacturers. Hence, companies are gaining proficiency in extensive research activities that validate the effectiveness of safety helmets.
An alarming high rate of fatal road accidents in India is another key driver, which is triggering the demand for safety helmets. On the other hand, manufacturers are increasing awareness about the advantages of choosing the right color code for industrial helmets.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Helmet Market
Researchers at the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), India, have innovated in a first-of-its-kind COVID (Comfortably Vented Indigenously Designed) fabric helmet that can be used in crowded settings. Next-gen helmets that can automatically dial emergency numbers are helping manufacturers and innovators gain global recognition. However, the unorganized manufacturing of helmets in India accounts to a high amount of notional loss. Hence, manufacturers of the India helmet market should stand in support of zero percent GST (Goods and Services Tax) on helmets, along with other market players to prevent the sale of fake or non-standardized helmets. Manufacturers are adhering to the standards of the United Nations Industrial Development Organization to ensure worker safety in various industrial sectors.
Helmet Market: Overview
- Helmets are hard and padded protective gear worn by individuals to protect the head and especially the human brain. Helmets are available in various designs, sizes, features, types, and technologies. This protective gear is usually worn by bikers, motorcycle riders, and sportspersons engaged in various sports such as snowsports, equestrian, hockey, mountaineering, climbing, and hiking. It is also used by industrial workers, soldiers, police, firefighters, etc.
- Asia Pacific is the largest and fastest growing helmet markets across the globe. China and India are major helmet markets in the Asia Pacific region. Rapid increase in sales and production of two wheelers in China and India is projected to drive the bike and road bike helmets market in Asia Pacific. Industrialization, evolution in infrastructure development activities, implementation of strict rules and regulations related to road safety, and various other standards are anticipated to increase the overall sales of helmets in the near future. North America and Europe also hold a significant share of the helmet market.
Helmet Market: Trends
- Lightweight helmets are preferred globally and are witnessing high demand. Lightweight materials are increasingly being used in manufacturing of helmets. Steelbird Hi-Tech India Ltd. (SBHT) launched carbon fiber-reinforced plastic helmets in India, which are stronger, lighter, more durable, and can tolerate high temperatures. Thus, consumers majorly prefer lightweight helmets.
- Moreover, consumers purchasing helmets and other accessories online is a growing global trend. The U.S. is seeing a significant increase in the number of riders purchasing helmets online.
Helmet Market: Drivers, Opportunities, and Restraints
- Rising participation in sports activities, biking, riding, and increasing construction activities in the last few years around the world, is fueling the demand for helmets due to increasing focus on safety and precaution. Rise in sales of Multi-directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) technology equipped helmets offers more safety to end users. Helmet liners and the little yellow MIPS sticker have become omnipresent. Since 2010, MIPS has developed exponentially with 60 helmet brands, around 300 models on the road, and around 5 million helmets sold. This factor is projected to boost the helmet market during the forecast period.
- Rapid increase in demand for smart helmets from the high-net-worth population and sportspersons has created huge opportunity for helmet manufacturers worldwide. The smart helmet system is designed to be a solution for a motorbike rider who wishes to focus on awareness and safety while driving.
- Various local and small-scale manufacturers are constantly involved in the production of helmets and other protection accessories at a much lower price than branded products, which is likely to hinder the expansion of the organized sector for helmets. Their major USP is the low cost, which is a restraint for the helmet market. However, quality and safety features of these products are inferior as compared to branded products.
Helmet Market: Competition Landscape
- Competition in the global helmet market is very high. A large number of small- and large-scale players are present in the market. Companies are opting for various strategies to increase their market share including mergers & acquisitions, and product innovation and development.
- Key players operating in the helmet market are
- Arai Helmet
- Bell Helmet
- GIRO Sport Design
- MT Helmets
- SHOEI CO., LTD.
- Skis Rossignol
- Specialized Bicycle Components, Inc.
- STUDDS Accessories Ltd.
- Troxel Helmets
- uvex group.
Helmet Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global helmet market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global helmet market across the globe. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global helmet market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period, 2020–2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), have been elucidated in the TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global helmet market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on business strategies of leading market players has also been featured in TMR’s study on the global helmet market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee the growth of the global helmet market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global helmet market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Helmet Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the helmet market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global helmet market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the future scope and current trends in terms of technologies of the global helmet market?
- What is the revenue of the global helmet market based on the respective segments?
- Which are the key strategies used by top players of the global helmet market?
- Which are the leading companies in the global helmet market?
Research Methodology – Helmet Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global helmet market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global helmet market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the helmet market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provides exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from helmet industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global helmet market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global helmet market more reliable and accurate.
Helmet Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global helmet market includes information categorized into seven sections ? type, category, gender, price, design, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the helmet market have been discussed in detail.
Police & Fire Squad Helmets
Rest of North America
Rest of Europe
Rest of Asia Pacific
Middle East & Africa
Rest of Middle East & Africa
Rest of South America