Toilet Seat Market
Toilet Seat Market (Bowl Shape: Elongated, Round, and Square; Raw Material: Plastic, Wood, Ceramic, Urea Molding Compound, and Others; Category: Smart Toilet Seat and Ordinary Toilet Seat; Application: Residential and Commercial; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Sustainable Solutions to Address Toilet Crisis in Underdeveloped and Developed Regions to Aid Market Growth
The past decade has experienced a considerable growth in the overall awareness related to sanitation and hygiene across the world, particularly in underdeveloped and developing regions including Asia Pacific, Africa, and Latin America. The rate of infrastructure development across these regions continues to remain high, as governments emphasize on industrialization and modernization due to which, the demand for toilet seats has increased at a considerable rate over the past few years. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
Sanitation campaigns initiated by municipalities coupled with substantial rise in the number of toilet-building projects across the Asia Pacific region is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for market players operating across the toilet seat market. Moreover, technological advancements and advent of several innovative concepts are expected to pave the way for ‘smart toilets’ in upcoming years, which, in turn, is expected to have a direct influence on the growth trajectory of the global toilet seat market. Several urban planners and architecture firms are increasingly focusing on devising sustainable solutions to address the toilet crisis in several developing and under developed countries– another factor that is likely to propel the market growth in the upcoming years.
At the back of these factors, along with expanding residential and commercial sectors around the world, the global toilet seat market is expected to reach US$ 8.7 Bn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Toilet Seat Market
Growing Demand for Portable Sanitation to Drive Global Market for Toilet Seats
Due to continual innovations and emphasis on improving sanitation conditions at construction sites, public spaces, public events, and more, portable toilets have garnered a great amount of popularity over the past few years– a trend that is likely to gain momentum over the assessment period. The soaring demand for portable toilets can be primarily attributed to functional properties such as convenience, low cost, and no plumping infrastructure. The commercialization trend across different parts of the world is projected to provide abundant opportunities to the players operating in the toilet seat market. Commercial construction spending across countries, including India, China, and Indonesia is projected to witness considerable growth during the forecast period due to which, the demand for toilet seats is anticipated to grow at an impressive pace.
While the commercial sector is projected to provide opportunities to manufacturers involved in the toilet seat market, the booming residential sector in Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa regions is also expected to prove lucrative.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
The soaring demand for portable toilets from the events segment is another factor that is expected to provide a boost to the overall growth of the market for toilet seats during the assessment period. With consistent increase in the number of portable toilet contracts across the event management field, the demand for toilet seats made from lightweight materials such as plastic is expected to scale up in the upcoming years.
Entry of New Technologies Likely to Pave Way for Smart Toilets
Due to considerable development in technology, smart toilets have gradually garnered immense popularity, mainly in nations such as Japan, South Korea, and Germany. A number of players operating in the current toilet seats market landscape are increasingly focusing on integrating smart technologies, including Internet of Things (IoT) in toilet seats. Over the latter half of the forecast period, automated toilet seats are projected to enter the market due to pivotal technological breakthroughs particularly in nations including Japan and South Korea. Sensing the growing interest in smart toilets, a number of companies and tech startups are increasingly focusing on the toilet seat market space to gain a competitive edge.
Demand for Toilet Seats to Decline amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a strong impact on the overall growth of the toilet seat market. Delays or halt in an array of construction projects across the world due to stringent lockdown measures and restrictions on transportation, trade, and more, along with shutdown of the event industry, are expected to play a key role in denting market growth during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, disruption in the supply chain and closures of shopping malls, retail stores, and showrooms are other major factors expected to negatively impact offline sales.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Toilet Seat Market
The global toilet seat market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR of ~6% during the assessment period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to a host of factors, including expanding residential and commercial sectors, high demand for toilet seats made from lightweight materials such as plastic, and soaring demand for portable toilets from the construction and the event management sector. Asia Pacific is projected to provide abundant opportunities to players operating in the toilet seat market due to increasing focus on sanitation and hygiene by several nations of the region including India and China.
Toilet Seat Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global toilet seat market for the period 2018–2030 (wherein 2020 to 2030 is the forecast period and 2019 is the base year), the rising government initiatives for better sanitation and increasing government construction of community toilets & public toilets is significantly driving the global toilet seat market
- In the report, revenue generated by the global toilet seat market has been mentioned in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (Million Units) during the forecast period
Rising Construction Sector and Home Renovation Activities: A Key Driver of Market
- Rapid urbanization has led to increased demand for residential and commercial infrastructure. Growing population and rising disposable incomes have fueled the construction sector in recent years. The toilet seat market is anticipated to grow due to new construction of residential and commercial spaces.
- Growing trend of home modernization and renovation has increased the installation and usage of a variety of toilet seats. Massive migration to cities, increasing population, and rising middle class income is creating huge demand for real estate, which positively impacts the toilet seat market globally. Growth in business environment generates the need for infrastructure development.
Availability of Alternatives: A Key Restraining Factor of Market
- Other alternatives (squat toilets, urinals, commode chair, toilet converters, etc.) can create hurdles in the development of the toilet seat market. In third world regions, many people still practice open defecation. In developing countries, ordinary toilet seats are majorly used, whereas usage of smart toilet seats is less.
- The high cost of smart toilet seats has forced users to opt for ordinary toilet seats. Regular toilet seats have an average price of ~US$ 20, while the smart ones cost ~US$ 200. Affordability is a major concern as smart toilet seats are costlier than ordinary toilet seats. Hence, people look for affordable options.
- Availability of alternatives and high cost of smart toilet seats are the major factors hindering the growth of the toilet seat market across the globe
Technological Advancements & Innovation: A Key Opportunity in Toilet Seat Market
- The growing trend of home automation has led to innovations and technologically advanced equipment. Toilet seat manufacturers are developing solutions, which can be integrated with smart technologies. Thus, the gradual shift toward intelligent building designs and smart home systems is expected to drive the demand for smart toilet seats in the long run.
- Toilet seat manufacturers are working to develop new smart features, functions, and systems, which are designed to improve the comfort of users. Some manufacturers have launched heated toilet seats with nightlight, and sensor-based toilet seats, all of which are likely to create better opportunities for the global toilet seat market in the near future.
Toilet Seat Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers in the toilet seat market have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global toilet seat market include
- AOSMAN SANITARYWARE CO.,LTD
- Bemis Manufacturing Company
- Ginsey Industries, Inc.
- Hamberger Sanitary GmbH
- Huida Sanitary Ware Co., Ltd.
- Kohler Co.
- LIXIL Group Corp.
- TOTO Ltd.
- Villeroy & Boch
Toilet Seat Market: Key Developments
- In February 2020, Kohler Co. announced third-party verified declare labels for plumbing products. Kohler Company has partnered with Toxnot, GreenCircle Certified, and International Living Future Institute (ILFI) to create this inaugural system for producing third-party verified material health disclosures at scale. This verification would provide best solutions for environmental impact and material health transparency.
- In June 2019, Bemis Manufacturing Company acquired European toilet seat molder company, Ivanicplast d.o.o., an injection molder and thermoset compression molder, based in Ivanic Grad, Croatia. The company already produces toilet seats sold under the Bello trade name throughout Central and Eastern Europe. This acquisition combines the strengths of Bemis and Ivanicplast, leveraging Bemis' global network and resources and Ivanicplast's local market expertise and manufacturing capabilities. It has also enabled Bemis Company to expand in Eastern Europe.
Toilet Seat Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global toilet seat market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including the drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global toilet seat market. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global toilet seat market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period 2020 - 2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) have been elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global toilet seat market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on business strategies of leading market players has also been featured in TMR’s study on the global toilet seat market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global toilet seat market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global toilet seat market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Toilet Seat Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the toilet seat market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global toilet seat market between 2018 and 2030?
- What is the future scope and changing trends in technologies in the global toilet seat market?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the global toilet seat market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global toilet seat market?
Research Methodology – Toilet Seat Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global toilet seat market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global toilet seat market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, products portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the toilet seat market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from toilet seat industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global toilet seat market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global toilet seat market more reliable and accurate.
Toilet Seat Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global toilet seat market includes information categorized into six sections ? bowl shape, raw material, category, application, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the toilet seat market are discussed in detail.
Urea Molding Compound
Smart Toilet Seat
Ordinary Toilet Seat
Middle East & Africa