Spinnaker Pole Market: Introduction
- A spinnaker pole is a spar used in sailboats to help support the spinnaker. A spinnaker pole helps control a variety of headsails. The product also has usage in jibs and genoas. Light weight spinnaker poles are popularly known as whisker pole.
- A spinnaker pole is also referred to as a spinnaker boom. It is used to extend the foot of the spinnaker beyond the edge of the boat and to secure the corner of the sail.
Increasing Adoption of Sailboats: A Key Driver
- In recent years, rising cost of fossil fuel is driving sailboat manufacturers to invest in high quality spinnaker poles. It is specifically designed for sailing off the wind from a reaching course to a downwind. Rising disposable income in emerging countries is encouraging consumers to spend on luxury tourism. Traveling and recreational players across the globe are promoting sailboat tourism activities which may generate demand for spinnaker poles as it helps save fuel costs. Rising number of high-net-worth individuals at the global level is driving the sales of personalized sailboats. These individuals prefer to purchase premium yachts for their leisure activities. Spinnaker pole is required in these sailboats, which is likely to create a new market opportunity in the near future. These are the factors likely to boost the sale of global spinnaker poles in the coming years.
Economic Slowdown: A Key Restraint
- Several countries imposing lockdown due to impact of COVID-19 is restricting users from participating or owning sailboats which may hinder the growth of the spinnaker pole market across the globe. This factor is expected to slow down the market. However, key players are continuously investing in manufacturing innovative spinnaker poles. This is likely to create an opportunity for the growth of the market.
Asia Pacific a Potential Market for Spinnaker Poles
- The global spinnaker pole market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the spinnaker pole market in Europe includes the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, the market in Asia Pacific comprises India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The spinnaker pole market in South America has been segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to remain a potential market for spinnaker poles during the forecast period due to continuous growth in the ownership of sail boats across the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Spinnaker Pole Market
The global spinnaker pole market is moderately fragmented in nature, due to presence of several players across the globe. Key players adopt new product development, acquisitions, mergers, and agreements as their key development strategy to remain competitive and enhance their customer base in the market.
A few of the key players operating in the global spinnaker pole market are as follows:
- AG+ SPARS
- Allen Brothers
- Axxon Composites
- Competition Composites
- CST Composites
- Hall Spars and Rigging
- Heol Composites
- Offshore Spars
- Optiparts - Windesign
- Pauger Carbon
- Selden Mast AB
- Southern Spars
Global Spinnaker Pole Market: Research Scope
Global Spinnaker Pole Market, by Type
- Others (Wood, Stainless Steel etc.)
Global Spinnaker Pole Market, by End-use
Global Spinnaker Pole Market, by Distribution Channel
The report on the global spinnaker pole market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by market analysts, and inputs from market experts and market participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness of each segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on regional and other segments of the market.
Regional Analysis of the Global Spinnaker Pole Market:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!