Solar Powered Clinics Market: Overview
- Well-equipped clinics and hospitals play an important role in a strong health care services system. These facilities are easily available in urban areas; however, health care services are often not up to the mark in remote and rural areas owing to unavailability of infrastructure, electricity, and other necessary equipment.
- Electricity is a vital constituent of health care service, as most of the equipment work on electricity. In case of health care, electricity is one of the important aspects that distinguishes a developing nation from a developed nation.
- Medical devices such as CBC machines, x-rays, and microscopes cannot be used without electricity. Various surgical procedures cannot be performed safely without sterilized instruments or surgical lights.
- Increase in demand for renewable energy has led to the use of solar powered clinics in remote or rural areas that are off-grid. Solar powered clinics are containerized clinics fixed with solar panels that power the clinic.
- Stationary as well as portable solar powered clinics are available. Portable solar clinics can be moved from one place to another in case of emergencies.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Solar Powered Clinics Market
- Demand for solar powered clinics has been increasing across the globe owing to the rise in awareness regarding personal health care. Implementation of government regulations has also led to the deployment of solar powered clinics in remote and rural areas. This is expected to boost the global solar powered clinics market.
- In 2016, Odulair LLC., delivered the world's first 100% solar powered mobile health clinic to Clemson University. The company developed 100% solar powered mobile health center, which does not require a generator. The mobile health clinic consists of high efficiency photovoltaic panels (PV) on its roof. PV panels are connected to a custom designed 48-volt lithium ion battery pack for energy storage with constant telemetry of all batteries and connections.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Solar Powered Clinics Market
- Based on region, the global solar powered clinics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global solar powered clinics market during the forecast period. The region is highly populated. Health infrastructure is not up to mark in Asia Pacific, especially in remote areas. The region is anticipated to be highly attractive for the solar powered clinics market during the next few years.
- The market in Middle East & Africa region is expected to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period. The region suffers from power outage in remote areas. Grid infrastructure is also unreliable in some of the countries in Africa.
- The market in Latin America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, as the region has unreliable grid connections in remote areas and low electrification rate in some of the countries
- Europe held major share of the global solar powered clinics market in 2019, owing to the rise in investments in the renewable sector. The trend is projected to continue during the forecast period, thus enabling the region to achieve its 2020 renewable energy target.
- The market in North America is likely to expand at a slow pace during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in the Market: -
Leading companies operating in the global solar powered clinics market include:
- c In A Can
- Odulair LLC
Global Solar Powered Clinics Market: Research Scope
Global Solar Powered Clinics Market, by Module Type
Global Solar Powered Clinics Market, by Solar Module Installation
- Ground Mounted
Global Solar Powered Clinics Market, by Clinic Type
Global Solar Powered Clinics Market, by Battery Type
- Lithium-ion Battery
- Lead-acid Battery
Global Solar Powered Clinics Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.