Telecom Tower Market
Telecom Tower Market (Tower: Guyed Towers, Monopole Towers, Stealth Towers, Lattice Towers, and Others; Ownership: Telecom Operator Owned/MNO, TowerCo, and Joint Venture/ESCO; and Installation: Rooftop and Ground Mounted) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
High Internet Penetration and Exponential Rise in Smartphone Users to Fuel Market Growth
Technological advancements and innovations have played a key role in the evolution of the modern telecommunication sector and the trend is expected to continue over the upcoming years. At present, players operating in the current telecom tower market are primarily focusing on innovations, integration of new technologies, and developing sustainable solutions to improve the efficiency and performance of their telecom towers. In addition, several players are increasingly getting on-board with the zero-diesel and zero-harm trend due to which, the telecom tower market is heading toward a sustainable and green future. In addition, market participants are also expected to improve customer satisfaction and enhance employee engagement to establish a solid foothold in the current telecom tower market landscape.
Leading market players are increasingly emphasizing on deploying cutting-edge energy-efficient products that optimize electricity utilization at lower voltage levels. In addition, data revolution, which is in full swing particularly across the developing nations of the world, including India, China, Indonesia, and Malaysia, is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for players operating in the telecom tower market. The advent of next generation data networks such as 3G, 4G, and 5G has driven market players to focus on the development of new business models and explore other technologies, including small-cell, Wi-Fi offloading, in-building solutions to stay relevant in the second growth wave of the telecom sector.
At the back of these factors, along with increasing tie-ups between municipal corporations and other government agencies, the telecom tower market is expected to attain a market value of US$ 240.6 Bn by the end of 2030. While these factors are likely to set the ball rolling for the telecom tower market, market players are also expected to address current challenges such as site acquisition and innovations in models.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Telecom Towers Market
Asia Pacific to Remain Most Prominent Market for Telecom Towers
The telecom tower market is expected to witness an impressive global growth during the forecast period. The presence of leading telecom companies in developed regions, including North America and Europe coupled with the sheer market size of the Asia Pacific region are some of the top factors that offer promising prospects for the overall growth of the global telecom tower market. The telecom boom across nations, including India and China has played a pivotal role in the development of the telecom tower market across the Asia Pacific region and as per current observations, the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The exponential rise in the number of smartphone users coupled with high Internet penetration in India and China as a result of dwindling data prices, is expected to drive the telecom tower market in the Asia Pacific region.
In addition, increasing government support and favorable policies are also expected to play an essential role in the progress of the telecom tower market during the assessment period. In India, the government granted telecom towers the “infrastructure” status– a step that categorizes telecom towers under the same footing as electricity generation, hospitals, ports, etc. Due to this, investments in the telecom tower market are projected to scale up at a consistent rate.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
At present, several players operating in the telecom tower market are primarily focusing on minimizing energy costs and energy consumption due to mounting environmental concerns. In their quest to minimize consumption of diesel and lower the carbon footprint, the adoption of renewable energy technologies (RET) is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the assessment period.
Telecom Sector Deemed “Essential” and Exempted from Lockdown in Several Regions amid COVID-19 Pandemic
As the novel COVID-19 infection spreads across the world at a blazing pace, governments have to impose stringent lockdowns and restrict movement across international and domestic borders. As a result, data usage across various regions of the world has witnessed exponential growth due to which, governments across the world have exempted the telecommunication sector from the lockdown. In addition, governments around the world have deemed telecom as an essential service amid the ongoing pandemic due to which, operations across the telecom sector are likely to remain unaffected. The overall spike in the online traffic has played an important role in fueling the growth of the telecom tower market during the ongoing pandemic. While repair and maintenance services are likely to continue, the COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to have a low impact on the telecom tower market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Telecom Towers Market
The global telecom tower market is expected to grow at a moderate CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. The market growth is primarily driven by the booming telecom sector, particularly in developing regions such as India and China, growing investments in the telecom sector worldwide, technological advancements, entry of next-generation data networks, including 3G, 4G, and 5G, and advent of new technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT). Asia Pacific is expected to provide abundant opportunities to the players operating in the telecom tower market due to the growing emphasis on modernization, high data penetration, and large smartphone user base.
Telecom Tower Market: Overview
- A telecommunication tower is a structure that holds antennas and receivers that are required for services such as wireless communication and data transfer. Telecommunication services are a key driving force for socio-economic development globally.
- The telecommunication tower plays a vital role in the operation of mobile services. The tower transmits signals to the mobile device and hence, is an indispensable part of the mobile network.
- The telecom tower enables efficient long-distance communication as well as accommodates an increasing number of devices and the rising volume of data that is being transferred simultaneously
- The tower design is selected depending up on required height, location, environment, and weight of the tower
Expansion of Telecom Network in Remote Areas to Drive Telecom Tower Market
- Demand for radio communication and mobile airwaves has increased significantly across the world due to the advent of mobile telephony. This has boosted the demand for large-scale worldwide network of telecom towers, from cities to remote areas. For instance, as per the Government of India, approximately 554,000 villages were covered with mobile services as of 2018. Furthermore, in the same year, telecom service providers also announced a plan to install 57,559 towers for mobile services in rural areas in India during financial year 2019–2020.
- Increase in subscriber base and tele-density, especially in rural areas, is a major factor that encourages investment in the development of telecom infrastructure. According to the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, India attracted FDI inflows worth US$ 37.05 billion in the telecom sector during April 2000 to June 2019.
- The potential for installation of ground mounted towers is high in the remote areas, owing to availability of land and less human population. Thus, expansion of telecom networks is anticipated to fuel the demand for telecom towers in the near future.
Environmental Impact of Telecom Towers to Hamper Telecom Tower Market
- Rise in urbanization and globalization has increased the demand for telecommunication activities globally. Installation of telecom towers is rising in urban as well rural areas for good connectivity and uninterrupted communication.
- In urban areas, telecom towers are installed on the ground or either on rooftops that are in the vicinity of humans, animals, and birds leaving around
- The telecom tower emits electromagnetic radiation (EMR) that affects humans and the wildlife in multiple ways. Radiation may cause a decline of animal population and deterioration of health of plants living near the radiation sources
- Large number of telecom towers are mounted near schools, hospitals, residential and office buildings to provide good mobile phone coverage to users. These cell towers transmit radiation 24x7; therefore, people living within 100 meters of the tower are likely to receive 10,000 to 10,000,000 times stronger signal than required for mobile communication. Such high radiation zones have a harmful impact on the environment.
- Thus, the environmental impact of telecom towers is likely to hamper the telecom tower market in the near future
Expansion of Telecom Sector to Offer Lucrative Opportunities for Telecom Tower Market
- Telecommunication towers play an important role in emergency and everyday communications. Telephones, radios, and television signals rely on telecom towers for smooth functioning. Several employees, including emergency responders, police personnel, and hospital workers, rely on telecom towers for steady communication, which is vital to carry out their work.
- On an average, around 20,000 new base stations are deployed annually across the globe. These cater to 400 million new mobile subscribers around the world. The transition to 5G is expected to increase the demand for new telecom tower sites across the globe.
- Voice and video conferencing has created a wave of transformation in telecommunication services. Hence, telecom retailers are increasing the number of tower installations for enhanced connectivity.
- 5G technology and cloud computing are paving the way for the adoption of new technologies in the telecommunications market. Rise in demand for high-speed connectivity and fast protocols for data transfer are estimated to offer significant opportunities for the telecom tower market during the coming years.
Recent Developments, Expansions, Acquisitions, and New Contracts in Global Telecom Tower Market
- On March 05, 2020, Phoenix Tower International (PTI) acquired 197 wireless communication tower sites from Tower Ventures Holdings, LLC located throughout the U.S. Ownership of these 197 wireless communication towers solidifies PTI’s position as a premiere private tower company in the Americas.
- In December 2019, Phoenix Tower International (PTI), acquired 1,408 towers in Ecuador and 1,046 towers in Colombia from Telefonica. This acquisition would expand the company’s presence in Ecuador and reinforce PTI’s position as a leading tower company in Colombia. Furthermore, it is projected to strengthen ties between PTI and Telefonica. The company presently is estimated to own and operate over 7,000 towers across Latin America.
Asia Pacific to be Highly Lucrative Region of Telecom Tower Market
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a highly lucrative region of the global telecom tower market during the forecast period. The telecom tower market in the region is estimated to expand at a significant pace between 2020 and 2030, due to the significant investments in the telecommunications sector. Rise in urbanization and globalization in the region is anticipated to fuel the demand for telecom towers in the near future.
- Investments in Internet of Things (IoT) and 5G technologies have been increasing in Asia Pacific. This is expected to boost the demand for telecom towers in the region.
Moderately Fragmented Telecom Tower Market
- The global telecom tower market is moderately fragmented. Various international and local players operate in the global telecom tower market.
- Key players operating in the global telecom tower market are
- Bharti Infratel Limited
- Helios Towers Africa
- American Tower Corporation
- SBA Communications Corporation
- AT&T Inc.
- GTL Infrastructure Ltd
- T-Mobile Towers
- Phoenix Tower International
- Crown Castle International Corporation
- China Tower Corporation
Telecom Tower Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global telecom tower market to accurately gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for growth of the global telecom tower market in order to identify opportunities for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global telecom tower market would expand during the forecast period of 2019 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global telecom tower market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the global telecom tower market during the forecast period. It also includes key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the global telecom tower market and estimates statistics related to the market in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (Units).
This study covers detailed segmentation of the global telecom tower market, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global telecom tower market, wherein various development, expansions, and winning strategies practiced by these players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Telecom Tower Market
The report provides detailed information about the global telecom tower market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the global market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global market so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which tower segment of the global telecom tower market would emerge as a major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenues in the global telecom tower market?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global telecom tower market between 2019 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global telecom tower market?
Research Methodology – Telecom Tower Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global telecom tower market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global telecom tower market.
During the primary research phase, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global telecom tower market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global telecom tower market.
Telecom Tower Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global telecom tower market based on installation, ownership, tower, and region. The report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments and how they are influencing growth prospects of the global telecom tower market.
Others (including Camouflage Towers and Mobile Towers)
Telecom Operator Owned/MNO
Joint Venture /ESCO
Middle East & Africa