Smart Wearables for Nuclear Energy Market: Introduction
- Introduction of the Industry 4.0 revolution has led to an increase in the usage of automation, and IoT and AI-based system in various industries. This emerging technology is enabling nuclear power plants to improve efficiency of operations.
- The nuclear energy industry follows high standards of safety and security; hence, companies are involved in R&D activities to develop the smart wearables
Key Drivers and Restraints of Smart Wearables for Nuclear Energy Market
- Implementation of stringent government rules and regulations about health and safety is a key driver of the smart wearables for nuclear energy market. Working in nuclear power plant can be dangerous for employees. In order to prevent major accidents, governments across the globe are enforcing stringent rules and regulations regarding health and safety of workers and environment. Smart wearables help employees working in nuclear power plants to be safe, as these device can detect and predict minute errors.
- High cost of smart wearables is a major restraint of the smart wearables for nuclear energy market. Smart wearable devices are also delicate. Thus, high cost and delicateness are major factors hampering the global smart wearables for nuclear energy market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Smart Wearables for Nuclear Energy Market report
Global Smart Wearables for Nuclear Energy Market Segmentation
- The global smart wearables for nuclear energy market can be segmented based on device type and component
- In terms of device type, the smart wearables for nuclear energy market can be classified into smart eyewear, virtual reality headset, smart helmet, sensor embedded in clothing, smart watch, and others. Demand for smart watches is high in the nuclear power industry. These smart watches can monitor employee’s health as well as the environment around them. Furthermore, these watches can continuously send data to the connected server, which can predict the errors and prevent accidents.
- Based on component, the market can be bifurcated into hardware and software. The hardware segment dominated the market in 2019. The software segment is expected to expand at a fast pace in the near future due to the increase in adoption of IoT and AI-based systems.
Global Smart Wearables for Nuclear Energy Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global smart wearables for nuclear energy market can be segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global smart wearables for nuclear energy market in 2019. The market in the region is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, as demand for smart wearable is high in the nuclear energy industry in the U.S. and Canada. The U.S. is the leading country in the world in terms of number of nuclear plants. It is the leading country to use and implement AI and IoT-based systems.
- Asia Pacific is projected to account for vital share of the global smart wearables for nuclear energy market in the near future. China, Japan, and India are major hubs of smart wearable companies. This is likely to boost the market in the region in the near future.
- The market in Europe is projected to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period. Led by stringent rules and regulations enacted by governments of countries in the region, nuclear plants are using smart wearable devices for health and safety of employees.
- In November 2019, Ansell Ltd, a global leader in safety solutions, announced it had entered into a partnership with ProGlove, a leading provider of industrial wearables, to develop hand protection solutions utilizing IoT or AI technology to ensure the right personal protective equipment compliance in the workplace. This allows Ansell PPE to use industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) innovation in order to create a safer work environment.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report of Smart Wearables for Nuclear Energy Market
Key Players Operating in Smart Wearables for Nuclear Energy Market
- TOSHIBA ELECTRONIC DEVICES & STORAGE CORPORATION
- ANSELL LTD.
- Apple Inc.
- SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
- Wearable Technologies Limited
- Alphabet Inc
Global Smart Wearables for Nuclear Energy Market: Research Scope
Global Smart Wearables for Nuclear Energy Market, by Device Type
- Smart Eyewear
- Virtual Reality Headset
- Smart Helmet
- Sensors Embedded in Clothing
- Smart Watch
Global Smart Wearables for Nuclear Energy Market, by Component
Global Smart Wearables for Nuclear Energy Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.