Global Smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) Terminals Market – Introduction
- Smart LNB is an advanced technology, equipped with the novel transreceiver. Smart LNB terminal is an open ecosystem for the broadcaster which provides a narrowband return link and boosts short transmissions with low duty cycle. The smart LNB terminal helps broadcasters to directly connect the satellite with their linear television and connected TV services. With growing technology, the new-generation smart electronic feed devices which are connected to a satellite antenna are providing connected TV and M2M services such as payment transactions, subscription-based, on-demand services, home automation, HbbTV, live show participation, and subscription management.
- The smart LNB terminal helps in routing the IP data which is contained in DVB-S2 multiplexes and provides multiscreen viewing of IP video channels. Additionally, it enables the wide range of connected TV and M2M applications such as interactive TV, home automation, and security for DRM rights clearing. It also contains a transparent bidirectional IP link which is compatible with existing applications and is ready to support advanced services which are provided by the satellite operators.
- Smart LNB terminal has extensive applications in connected TV, multiscreen viewing, and machine-to-machine (M2M) communications. M2M communication through satellite is integrated with SCADA applications to control, manage, and monitor different assets and resources. Additionally, the smart LNB has various advantages such as low power consumption, is VLAN-enabled, and cost effective. It is also equipped with Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology which provides low data rate ‘pure IP’ applications in machine to machine and Internet of Things services.
- North America is expected to be a prominent market for smart LNB terminal due to widespread availability of advance technologies and infrastructures facilities in the region. Rising adoption of digitization and increasing spending power of consumers in Asia Pacific is expected to boost the smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) terminals market in the region.
Global Smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) Terminals Market – Dynamics
Increasing advancement in technology and services set to boost the demand for smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) terminals
- Demand for cable network or satellite dish TV is increasing with the growing advancement in technology, which is creating high demand for smart LNB terminals. Smart LNB (low-noise block) terminals can be easily deployed with a simple DTH (satellite TV) antenna. Moreover, smart LNB helps to access non-linear TV services such as subscription-based and on-demand services, multiscreen viewing, and Interactive TV. This is projected to fuel the market during the forecast period.
Growing number of OTT services likely to hamper the smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) terminals market
- Consumers are moving toward OTT services rather than cable network services due to the growing usage of consumer electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops. These services are easily accessible in electronic devices and eliminate the need for DTH services for entertainment purposes. Integration issues with DTH cable operators are also impacting the smart LNB market. All these factors are expected to restrain the growth of the smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) terminals market during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) Terminals Market – Competition Landscape
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) Terminals Market”
Key Players Operating in the Global Smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) Terminals Market
- Advantech Wireless Technologies Inc.
- FTA Communication Technologies S.à r.l.
- FUJITSU GENERAL LIMITED
- New Japan Radio Co., Ltd.
- Norsat International Inc.
- Orbital Research Ltd
- SATCOM Services Corporation
- SPC Electronics Corp
- Swedish Microwave AB
- XSquare Technology
Smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) Terminals Market: Regional Overview
- North America is expected to be a major market for smart LNB (low-noise block) terminals in the near future due to increasing use of personal devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops. These devices provide multiscreen viewing of IP video channels. The market in Europe is also projected to expand in the near future due to increasing advancement in DTH services such as providing non-linear TV services. Additionally, provide cost-effective solution for interactive broadcasting and M2M services. This is expected to fuel the smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) terminals market in Europe.
Global Smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) Terminals Market: Research Scope
Global Smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) Terminals Market, by Frequency
Global Smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) Terminals Market, by End-user
- Military & Defense
- Cable Network Operators
Global Smart LNB (Low-Noise Block) Terminals Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.