Smart Drilling Solutions Market: Introduction
- A smart drilling solution is a modular software package that provides comprehensive engineering support for directional and horizontal well drilling activities. The software helps to analyze a well’s stratigraphic position while drilling and makes changes in the structure formation as required.
Smart Drilling Solutions Market: Dynamics
Increasing well drilling activities accelerating the market
- The increasing oil well drilling activities at the global level is one of the key factors accelerating the growth of the market. According to World Oil, in the year 2017, 58,294 oil well drilling activities took place, globally up from 52,086 in 2016. Hence, increasing well drilling activity has accelerated the demand for advanced technology at the initial state because most of the oil and gas reservoirs are in developed phase and now it requires smart technologies to access unconventional reservoirs, driving the demand for smart drilling solutions globally.
North America to hold major share of the global smart drilling solutions market
- Based on region, the smart drilling solutions market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a dominant position in the global smart Drilling Solutions market in 2018, followed by Europe. It is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are major countries that drive the smart drilling solutions market in the region. Continuously increasing oil well drilling activities especially in the U.S. is a key factor impacting the demand for smart drilling solutions. Countries in North America are among the earliest adopters of emerging technologies, that help to retain the dominating position of the region in the market.
- The smart drilling solutions market in asia pacific is estimated to expand at a high cagr during the forecast period. india, china, japan, and australia are key countries that drive the smart drilling solutions market in the region. according to world oil data, in china, 17,000 oil well drilling activities were conducted in 2017 up from 15,800 drilling activities in 2016. Similarly in India, 624 oil well drilling activities were conducted in 2017 up from 585 drilling activities in 2016. Hence, increasing drilling activities in Asia Pacific countries increases the demand for advanced technology for drilling, which consequently accelerates the smart drilling solutions market in Asia Pacific.
Solutions segment set to hold the dominating position in the market by 2027
- Based on component, the smart drilling solutions market can be bifurcated into solutions and services. The solutions segment is expected to hold a dominant position in the market by 2019 and maintain its dominance during the forecast period 2019 - 2027. Increasing environmental regulations and demand for reduction of operation cost has increased the adoption of smart drilling solutions by various global companies. Moreover, various advantages of solutions such as realtime data acquisition and drilling analyzation have given a dominant position to the solutions segment in the global smart drilling solutions market.
- Based on deployment, the market can be split into on-premise and cloud-based. The on-premise segment is projected to account for notable share of the market by the end of 2019. The cloud-based segment is estimated to further expand at a prominent CAGR during the forecast period.
Key players operating in the global smart drilling solutions market
- Key players in the global smart drilling solutions market are listed below:
- Geosteering Technologies
- TIBCO Software Inc
- Schlumberger Software
- Pegasus Vertex, Inc.
- Compliance Technology Group, LLC
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Smart Drilling Solutions Market: Research Scope
Global Smart Drilling Solutions Market, by Component
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Global Smart Drilling Solutions Market, by Deployment
Global Smart Drilling Solutions Market, by End-User
- Oil & Gas
Global Smart Drilling Solutions Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.