Sign Sensors: Introduction
- Sign sensors are special sensors used for monitoring vital signs in the human body such as respiration and heart rate, body temperature, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose concentration, electrocardiogram, brain waves, and walking length
- The technology can be used for Internet of Things (IoT) systems, traditional medical purposes- such as disease diagnosis and prediction, as well as for entertainment and personalization platforms
Comfort and affordability of wearable sensors driving the sign sensors market
- The surge in chronic disorders are primarily attributed to a sedentary existence brought about by changing lifestyles, which has boosted the demand for fitness trackers and sign sensors
- Also, the affordability and comfort offered by medical wearables as opposed to regular medical checkups has fueled the growth of the market
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has led to further growth of the sign sensors market globally, as it provides continuous monitoring of vital signs - pulse rate, respiration rate, body temperature, etc.
North America market to witness significant growth during the forecast period
- In terms of region, the sign sensors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to lead the global market for sign sensors due to rising geriatric population, increasing rate of lifestyle related diseases, rising consumer interest in wireless connected devices etc.
Key Players Operating in the Sign Sensors Market
The sign sensors market is highly fragmented and competitive. Market players are focused on collaborations, mergers, regional expansion, and new product development through research and development as key strategic initiatives. Some of the major players covered in the report are:
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- AMS AG
- BiPS Medical
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- NXP Semiconductors
- Omron Healthcare
- Contec Medical Systems Co. Ltd.
Global Sign Sensors Market: Research Scope
- Global Sign Sensors Market, by Type
- Global Sign Sensors Market, by Sensing Technology
- Contact Sensors
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Photoplethysmogram (PPG)
- Non-contact Sensors
- Ballistocardiographm (BCG)
- Invasive/non-invasive sensors
- Others (Radar, Vision, and Infrared)
- Global Sign Sensors Market, by End-use Industry
- Entertainment and Personalization
- Global Sign Sensors Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!