Side Channel Pumps Introduction
- Side channel pumps, also known as liquid ring pumps, are a niche product in-between a centrifugal pump and a positive displacement pump. Side channel pumps possess characteristics of both centrifugal pumps and positive displacement pumps. The key motive behind the development of the side channel pump is to pump gas, air, and liquid mixtures.
- A side channel pump comprises one or more star-shaped impeller assemblies. The star impellers are similar to those that are employed in centrifugal pumps. The close tolerances between the impellers and casing are similar to that of positive displacement pump designs.
- Side channel pumps require very low suction head (NPSH), possess automatic self-priming capability, gas handling capability, and the ability to transport gas without damaging the bearings or interrupting the fluid flow due to dry running.
- These pumps are primarily designed for heavy-duty industrial applications such as CO2 transfers, solvent transfer, acids and alkalis, distillates, refrigerants, liquefied gases, boiler feed water, and transformer oil filtration.
- The global side channel pumps market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to increased demand for side channel pumps in different industries such as chemical, food & beverage, and oil & gas.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Side Channel Pumps Dynamics
Key Drivers of Side Channel Pumps Market
- Rise in demand for side channel pump from heavy-duty industrial applications, such as CO2 transfers, solvent transfer, acids and alkalis, and condensates. This, in turn, is expected to propel the demand for side channel pumps in the next few years.
- Side channel pumps are primarily used in the chemical industry due to their ability to handle liquid or vapor mixtures and capability of self-priming automatically. Furthermore, a rise in the number of chemical factories globally, especially in some developing countries such as India and China, is another major factor that is expected to fuel the global side channel pumps market.
- Side channel pump is increased the uptime with low cost of ownership further anticipated to fuel the market growth from the oil and gas industry.
- Side channel pumps also offer some benefits in terms of efficiency in applications, which require low throughputs at high differential heads. This is another key factor that is anticipated to drive the market globally.
Lack of Knowledge Hindering Side Channel Pumps Market
- Lack of knowledge about the features of side channel pumps among consumers and rise in demand for customization are major factors that are projected to hamper the market in the next few years
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Side Channel Pumps Market”
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Side Channel Pumps Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold a prominent share of the global side channel pumps market, followed by Europe, North America, South America, and Middle East & Africa. Moreover, the market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period.
- This can be attributed to increasing infrastructure development in developing countries. Rise in investments in water treatment and power generation in Saudi Arabia, UAE, India, Brazil, Qatar, and China is anticipated to drive the side channel pumps market in these countries in the near future.
- Increasing requirement of sanitation in developing countries of Asia, South America, and Africa is boosting the disposal and wastewater treatment industry, which in turn is expected to increase the demand for side channel pumps in these applications.
Side Channel Pumps Market- Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in Global Side Channel Pumps Market
The side channel pumps market is highly competitive due to the presence of a large number of manufacturers operating at the global as well as the regional level. Several players manufacture side channel pumps and hence, the intensity of competition is high among these players. Key players operating in the global side channel pumps market include:
- CP Pumpen Group
- Castle Pumps Ltd.
- KSB SE & Co. KGaA
- SPECK Pumpen Verkaufsgesellschaft GmbH
- Klaus Union
- Flowserve Corporation
- Star Pump Alliance GmbH
- SERO PumpSystems GmbH
- CIRCOR International‚ Inc.
- INOXPA S.A.U.
Side Channel Pumps Market: Research Scope
Side Channel Pumps Market Segmentation – by Material Type
- Cast iron
- Ductile iron
- Stainless steel
Side Channel Pumps Market Segmentation – by Application
- Volatile liquid transfer
- Boiler feed
- LPG pumping
- Tank emptying
- Heating/air conditioning
- Condensation extraction
- Sea water transfer
- Reverse osmosis
- Hot water circulation
Side Channel Pumps Market Segmentation – by Industry
- Food & beverage
- Water treatment
- Oil & gas
- Power generation
Side Channel Pumps Market Segmentation - by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Liquid Ring Pumps
- Side Channel Sealless Magnetic Drive Pumps
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.