Side Channel Pumps Introduction
- Side channel pumps, also known as liquid ring pumps, are a niche product in-between a centrifugal pump and a positive displacement pump. Side channel pumps possess characteristics of both centrifugal pumps and positive displacement pumps. The key motive behind the development of the side channel pump is to pump gas, air, and liquid mixtures.
- A side channel pump comprises one or more star-shaped impeller assemblies. The star impellers are similar to those that are employed in centrifugal pumps. The close tolerances between the impellers and casing are similar to that of positive displacement pump designs.
- Side channel pumps require very low suction head (NPSH), possess automatic self-priming capability, gas handling capability, and the ability to transport gas without damaging the bearings or interrupting the fluid flow due to dry running.
- These pumps are primarily designed for heavy-duty industrial applications such as CO2 transfers, solvent transfer, acids and alkalis, distillates, refrigerants, liquefied gases, boiler feed water, and transformer oil filtration.
- The global side channel pumps market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to increased demand for side channel pumps in different industries such as chemical, food & beverage, and oil & gas.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Side Channel Pumps Dynamics
Key Drivers of Side Channel Pumps Market
- Rise in demand for side channel pump from heavy-duty industrial applications, such as CO2 transfers, solvent transfer, acids and alkalis, and condensates. This, in turn, is expected to propel the demand for side channel pumps in the next few years.
- Side channel pumps are primarily used in the chemical industry due to their ability to handle liquid or vapor mixtures and capability of self-priming automatically. Furthermore, a rise in the number of chemical factories globally, especially in some developing countries such as India and China, is another major factor that is expected to fuel the global side channel pumps market.
- Side channel pump is increased the uptime with low cost of ownership further anticipated to fuel the market growth from the oil and gas industry.
- Side channel pumps also offer some benefits in terms of efficiency in applications, which require low throughputs at high differential heads. This is another key factor that is anticipated to drive the market globally.
Lack of Knowledge Hindering Side Channel Pumps Market
- Lack of knowledge about the features of side channel pumps among consumers and rise in demand for customization are major factors that are projected to hamper the market in the next few years
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Side Channel Pumps Market”
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Side Channel Pumps Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold a prominent share of the global side channel pumps market, followed by Europe, North America, South America, and Middle East & Africa. Moreover, the market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period.
- This can be attributed to increasing infrastructure development in developing countries. Rise in investments in water treatment and power generation in Saudi Arabia, UAE, India, Brazil, Qatar, and China is anticipated to drive the side channel pumps market in these countries in the near future.
- Increasing requirement of sanitation in developing countries of Asia, South America, and Africa is boosting the disposal and wastewater treatment industry, which in turn is expected to increase the demand for side channel pumps in these applications.
Side Channel Pumps Market- Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in Global Side Channel Pumps Market
The side channel pumps market is highly competitive due to the presence of a large number of manufacturers operating at the global as well as the regional level. Several players manufacture side channel pumps and hence, the intensity of competition is high among these players. Key players operating in the global side channel pumps market include:
- CP Pumpen Group
- Castle Pumps Ltd.
- KSB SE & Co. KGaA
- SPECK Pumpen Verkaufsgesellschaft GmbH
- Klaus Union
- Flowserve Corporation
- Star Pump Alliance GmbH
- SERO PumpSystems GmbH
- CIRCOR International‚ Inc.
- INOXPA S.A.U.
Side Channel Pumps Market: Research Scope
Side Channel Pumps Market Segmentation – by Material Type
- Cast iron
- Ductile iron
- Stainless steel
Side Channel Pumps Market Segmentation – by Application
- Volatile liquid transfer
- Boiler feed
- LPG pumping
- Tank emptying
- Heating/air conditioning
- Condensation extraction
- Sea water transfer
- Reverse osmosis
- Hot water circulation
Side Channel Pumps Market Segmentation – by Industry
- Food & beverage
- Water treatment
- Oil & gas
- Power generation
Side Channel Pumps Market Segmentation - by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.