Reduced Voltage Starters: Introduction
- A reduced voltage starter is a device that starts motor with reduced power at the time of start-up. Reducing the power at start-up minimizes mechanical and electric shocks, which can damage the device
- Reduced voltage starters are static starters that accelerate, decelerate, and protect three-phase induction motors
- Reduced voltage starters enable the AC induction motor to speed up slowly, due to which less current is drawn than the traditional motor starter. Since minimum voltage is required to start the motor, the applied torque is also minimum, which results in easy or soft start.
- Reduced voltage starters are used on all types of AC and DC motors, owing to their reliability, simplicity, and ruggedness
- Reduced voltage starters are used in applications such as fans, pumps, compressors, and rock crushers
- Reduced voltage starters are applied in various end-use sectors such as oil & gas, energy & utilities, and metals & mining
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Rise in Demand for Reduced Voltage Starters for Use in Low-voltage Motor Applications
- Reduced voltage starters are largely used in low-voltage applications such as fans, pumps, compressors, and rock crushers
- Use of reduced voltage starters decreases the possibility of motor failure, as it reduces starting torque to avoid unnecessary wear and tear of the motor
- Furthermore, reduced voltage starters are multi-functional, compact, easy to install, and easy to program. Hence, they are increasingly used in low-voltage motors across the globe.
- Reduced voltage starters are used in power distribution systems to avoid the overloading issue by starting and controlling motors with the minimum torque and current. As a result of these advantages, the demand for reduced voltage starters for use in low-voltage motor applications is increasing. This is expected to drive the global reduced voltage starter market at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Automotive Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on end-use industry, the global reduced voltage starter market can be segmented into food & beverages, oil & gas, energy & utility, and metals & mining
- The oil & gas industry has emerged as an attractive sector for investments for organizations across the globe. In the oil & gas sector, reduced voltage starters are useful for remote control applications such as isolated pumping stations or offshore oil platforms.
- In these applications, gentle acceleration minimizes the rising pressure and reduces mechanical stress on the motor during start-up, which is beneficial to increase life of the equipment
- Moreover, increase in upstream spending is boosting oil prices. This is expected to offer a lucrative opportunity to the global reduced voltage starter market in the near future.
- Hence, increase in investments in oil and gas projects is anticipated to drive the global reduced voltage starter market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global reduced voltage starter market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global reduced voltage starter market throughout the forecast period, owing to increase in industrialization and urbanization in countries in the region such as China and India
- The reduced voltage starter market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. However, the market in South America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global reduced voltage starter market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for reduced voltage starters. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global reduced voltage starter market are:
- AuCom Electronics Ltd
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
- Littelfuse Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Schneider Electric
Global Reduced Voltage Starter Market: Research Scope
Global Reduced Voltage Starter Market, by Voltage Range
- Low Voltage
- Medium Voltage
Global Reduced Voltage Starter Market, by Rated Power
- Up to 750 W
- 751 W to 75 kW
- Above 75 kW
Global Reduced Voltage Starter Market, by Application
- Rock Crushers
Global Reduced Voltage Starter Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Energy & Utilities
- Metals & Mining
- Food & Beverages
Global Reduced Voltage Starter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.