Reduced Voltage Starters: Introduction
- A reduced voltage starter is a device that starts motor with reduced power at the time of start-up. Reducing the power at start-up minimizes mechanical and electric shocks, which can damage the device
- Reduced voltage starters are static starters that accelerate, decelerate, and protect three-phase induction motors
- Reduced voltage starters enable the AC induction motor to speed up slowly, due to which less current is drawn than the traditional motor starter. Since minimum voltage is required to start the motor, the applied torque is also minimum, which results in easy or soft start.
- Reduced voltage starters are used on all types of AC and DC motors, owing to their reliability, simplicity, and ruggedness
- Reduced voltage starters are used in applications such as fans, pumps, compressors, and rock crushers
- Reduced voltage starters are applied in various end-use sectors such as oil & gas, energy & utilities, and metals & mining
To get glimpse of what our report offers, Ask for a report brochure
Rise in Demand for Reduced Voltage Starters for Use in Low-voltage Motor Applications
- Reduced voltage starters are largely used in low-voltage applications such as fans, pumps, compressors, and rock crushers
- Use of reduced voltage starters decreases the possibility of motor failure, as it reduces starting torque to avoid unnecessary wear and tear of the motor
- Furthermore, reduced voltage starters are multi-functional, compact, easy to install, and easy to program. Hence, they are increasingly used in low-voltage motors across the globe.
- Reduced voltage starters are used in power distribution systems to avoid the overloading issue by starting and controlling motors with the minimum torque and current. As a result of these advantages, the demand for reduced voltage starters for use in low-voltage motor applications is increasing. This is expected to drive the global reduced voltage starter market at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Automotive Segment to Witness Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on end-use industry, the global reduced voltage starter market can be segmented into food & beverages, oil & gas, energy & utility, and metals & mining
- The oil & gas industry has emerged as an attractive sector for investments for organizations across the globe. In the oil & gas sector, reduced voltage starters are useful for remote control applications such as isolated pumping stations or offshore oil platforms.
- In these applications, gentle acceleration minimizes the rising pressure and reduces mechanical stress on the motor during start-up, which is beneficial to increase life of the equipment
- Moreover, increase in upstream spending is boosting oil prices. This is expected to offer a lucrative opportunity to the global reduced voltage starter market in the near future.
- Hence, increase in investments in oil and gas projects is anticipated to drive the global reduced voltage starter market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global reduced voltage starter market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global reduced voltage starter market throughout the forecast period, owing to increase in industrialization and urbanization in countries in the region such as China and India
- The reduced voltage starter market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. However, the market in South America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global reduced voltage starter market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for reduced voltage starters. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global reduced voltage starter market are:
- AuCom Electronics Ltd
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
- Littelfuse Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Schneider Electric
Global Reduced Voltage Starter Market: Research Scope
Global Reduced Voltage Starter Market, by Voltage Range
- Low Voltage
- Medium Voltage
Global Reduced Voltage Starter Market, by Rated Power
- Up to 750 W
- 751 W to 75 kW
- Above 75 kW
Global Reduced Voltage Starter Market, by Application
- Rock Crushers
Global Reduced Voltage Starter Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Energy & Utilities
- Metals & Mining
- Food & Beverages
Global Reduced Voltage Starter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.