Recloser Control System Market: Introduction
- Recloser control system is an electric power switch that automatically shuts off the electric power when short circuit occurs. This device is used in overhead distribution systems to detect and stop temporary faults.
- Recloser control system improves serviceability by restoring power to the line after a momentary fault
- Recloser control system offers several benefits such as earth fault and sensitive earth fault protection, auto reclosing, instantaneous metering, event log, demand logger, and RTU for remote control in a single enclosure
- Recloser control system can be categorized into two types: hydraulic control and electronic control. Hydraulic recloser control is primarily used in single-phase recloser and three-phase recloser. Electronic recloser systems are used primarily in three-phase reclosers and single-phase reclosers.
Key Drivers of Recloser Control System Market
- Growth in transmission & distribution network across the globe is boosting the recloser control system market. Rise in demand for electric supply automation, increase in usage of electrical equipment, and need for proper protection of these devices are major factors driving the global recloser control system market.
- Increase in investments in upgrade of mature substations and feeder line protection also positively influences the global recloser control system market. However, high costs associated with recloser control devices is a major factor hampering the global recloser control system market. Furthermore, availability of alternatives is another factor expected to restrain the global market to a significant extent.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Electric Recloser Control System Type Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- The global recloser control system market can be segmented based on control type, voltage, phase, and region. In terms of control type, the market can be bifurcated into electric and hydraulic. The electric segment accounted for dominant share of the market in 2018. This control system is used in three-phase and some single-phase reclosers owing to its flexibility, advanced protection and automation functionality, and ease of programming compared to the hydraulic recloser control system.
- In terms of phase, the market can be segregated into single-phase, three-phase, and others. The three-phase recloser control system segment is expected to expand at a rapid CAGR during the forecast period majorly due to the rise in demand for smart grid technology, increasing industrialization, and improving existing infrastructure.
- Based on voltage, the global recloser control system market can be classified into up to 25 kV and above 25 kV. Voltage rating of up to 25 kV accounts for significant share of the market owing to the extensive range of residential applications of the distribution network. Furthermore, rise in number of residential and commercial buildings and increase in urbanization are boosting the market.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Recloser Control System Market
- Based on region, the global recloser control system market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America was the major region of the global recloser control system market in 2018. Increase in demand for electrical power, primarily due to rapid industrialization and urbanization; and rise in investments in smart grid technologies that include distribution automation are key factors likely to drive the recloser control system market in Asia Pacific.
- China is the key country of the recloser control system in Asia Pacific. It is also the world’s largest market for power transmission & distribution and a major consumer of smart grid technology. According to the International Energy Agency’s (IEA) World Energy Investment Outlook, China is expected to invest US$ 83 Bn in its transmission & distribution network during the forecast period.
- Europe is also an important region of the global recloser control system market. Currently, the region is upgrading its grids and replacing old installations. Significant investment in renewable resources such as wind farms and hydroelectric power is a major factor fuelling the demand for recloser control systems in Europe.
- According to the T&D World, in July 2019, Georgia Power (US) announced plans to invest more than USD 4.1 Bn in the next few years to expand its transmission & distribution infrastructure in order to strengthen the reliability of electric grids
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Market
The global recloser control system market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 40% to 45% share. Prominent players operating in the global recloser control system market include:
- Eaton Corporation
- Schneider Electric
- NOJA Power
- Beckwith Electric
Global Recloser Control System Market: Research Scope
Global Recloser Control System Market, by Control Type
Global Recloser Control System Market, by Phase
Global Recloser Control System Market, by Voltage
- Up to 25 kV
- Above 25 kV
Global Recloser Control System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.