Recloser Control System Market: Introduction
- Recloser control system is an electric power switch that automatically shuts off the electric power when short circuit occurs. This device is used in overhead distribution systems to detect and stop temporary faults.
- Recloser control system improves serviceability by restoring power to the line after a momentary fault
- Recloser control system offers several benefits such as earth fault and sensitive earth fault protection, auto reclosing, instantaneous metering, event log, demand logger, and RTU for remote control in a single enclosure
- Recloser control system can be categorized into two types: hydraulic control and electronic control. Hydraulic recloser control is primarily used in single-phase recloser and three-phase recloser. Electronic recloser systems are used primarily in three-phase reclosers and single-phase reclosers.
Key Drivers of Recloser Control System Market
- Growth in transmission & distribution network across the globe is boosting the recloser control system market. Rise in demand for electric supply automation, increase in usage of electrical equipment, and need for proper protection of these devices are major factors driving the global recloser control system market.
- Increase in investments in upgrade of mature substations and feeder line protection also positively influences the global recloser control system market. However, high costs associated with recloser control devices is a major factor hampering the global recloser control system market. Furthermore, availability of alternatives is another factor expected to restrain the global market to a significant extent.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Electric Recloser Control System Type Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- The global recloser control system market can be segmented based on control type, voltage, phase, and region. In terms of control type, the market can be bifurcated into electric and hydraulic. The electric segment accounted for dominant share of the market in 2018. This control system is used in three-phase and some single-phase reclosers owing to its flexibility, advanced protection and automation functionality, and ease of programming compared to the hydraulic recloser control system.
- In terms of phase, the market can be segregated into single-phase, three-phase, and others. The three-phase recloser control system segment is expected to expand at a rapid CAGR during the forecast period majorly due to the rise in demand for smart grid technology, increasing industrialization, and improving existing infrastructure.
- Based on voltage, the global recloser control system market can be classified into up to 25 kV and above 25 kV. Voltage rating of up to 25 kV accounts for significant share of the market owing to the extensive range of residential applications of the distribution network. Furthermore, rise in number of residential and commercial buildings and increase in urbanization are boosting the market.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Recloser Control System Market
- Based on region, the global recloser control system market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America was the major region of the global recloser control system market in 2018. Increase in demand for electrical power, primarily due to rapid industrialization and urbanization; and rise in investments in smart grid technologies that include distribution automation are key factors likely to drive the recloser control system market in Asia Pacific.
- China is the key country of the recloser control system in Asia Pacific. It is also the world’s largest market for power transmission & distribution and a major consumer of smart grid technology. According to the International Energy Agency’s (IEA) World Energy Investment Outlook, China is expected to invest US$ 83 Bn in its transmission & distribution network during the forecast period.
- Europe is also an important region of the global recloser control system market. Currently, the region is upgrading its grids and replacing old installations. Significant investment in renewable resources such as wind farms and hydroelectric power is a major factor fuelling the demand for recloser control systems in Europe.
- According to the T&D World, in July 2019, Georgia Power (US) announced plans to invest more than USD 4.1 Bn in the next few years to expand its transmission & distribution infrastructure in order to strengthen the reliability of electric grids
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Market
The global recloser control system market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 40% to 45% share. Prominent players operating in the global recloser control system market include:
- Eaton Corporation
- Schneider Electric
- NOJA Power
- Beckwith Electric
Global Recloser Control System Market: Research Scope
Global Recloser Control System Market, by Control Type
Global Recloser Control System Market, by Phase
Global Recloser Control System Market, by Voltage
- Up to 25 kV
- Above 25 kV
Global Recloser Control System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.