Reactive Adhesives & Sealants Market: Highlights
- Reactive adhesives are typically characterized by the formation of permanent bonds between substrates to provide resistance to chemicals, moisture, and heat. They are generally made out of two ingredients: monomer (resin) and initiator. These adhesives exhibit high bond strength and long-term durability under severe environmental conditions.
- Reactive sealants are chemically hardening single component systems. Cross-linking of the substrate is initiated by exposure to humidity (RTV) and/or heat (HTV) in these sealants.
- Reactive adhesives and sealants are used in various applications including construction, automotive, and packaging
Key Drivers of Reactive Adhesives & Sealants Market
- Increase in construction activities is boosting the demand for reactive adhesives and sealants. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, construction is the fastest growing industry in 2020. Thus, growth in the construction industry is expected to propel the demand for reactive adhesives and sealants during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Reactive Adhesives Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global reactive adhesives market can be divided into pressure sensitive applications, packaging, construction, furniture, footwear, automotive and others
- The packaging segment is projected to account for major share of the global reactive adhesives market by 2027. The packaging segment is estimated to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period.
- The construction segment is also anticipated to exhibit healthy growth rate during the forecast period
- Demand for reactive adhesives in other applications is projected to remain moderate to high across different regions in the near future
Reactive Sealants Market: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global reactive sealants market can be classified into construction, automotive, packaging, pressure sensitive tapes, and others
- The construction segment is projected to a major share of the global reactive sealants market in 2027. The construction segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- The automotive segment is also likely to expand with a healthy CAGR during the forecast period
- Expanding at a significant growth rate, the packaging segment is expected to create significant incremental opportunities during the forecast period. In terms of demand, the others segment is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Reactive Adhesives & Sealants Market
- In terms of region, the global reactive adhesives & sealants market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Consumption of reactive adhesives and sealants is much higher in Asia Pacific compared to that in other regions. Expansion of the construction industry in various parts of Asia Pacific is expected to boost the market in the region.
- Asia Pacific and Europe are highly active regions of the global reactive adhesives & sealants market in terms of strategic initiatives, owing to the presence of emerging and mature demand, respectively. Superior end-use industry growth, amplified local manufacturing, and increase in number of domestic players in vertical market segments (for example, construction applications) are some of the factors driving the market in Asia Pacific and Europe.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific holds the prominent share of the global reactive adhesives & sealants market. It is followed by North America and Europe. Growth in the automotive industry, particularly in North America and Europe, is projected to fuel the reactive adhesives & sealants market in these regions.
- The reactive adhesives & sealants market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estim
- ated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report -
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global reactive adhesives & sealants market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global reactive adhesives & sealants market include:
- BASF SE
- 3M Company
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Ashland Inc.
- Beardow & Adams Limited
- Eastman Chemical Company
- N.D. Industries Inc.
- Sika AG
Global Reactive Adhesives & Sealants Market: Research Scope
Global Reactive Adhesives Market, by Application
- Pressure Sensitive Applications
Global Reactive Sealants Market, by Application
- Pressure Sensitive Tapes
Global Reactive Adhesives & Sealants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.