Petrochemicals Market (Product: Methanol, Ethylene, Propylene, C4 Stream, Benzene, Toluene, and Xylene; and End-use Industry: Aerospace, Agriculture, Automotive, Building & Construction, Consumer & Industrial Goods, Electrical & Electronics, Food & Beverages, Healthcare, Marine, Paints & Coatings, Power & Utilities, Pulp & Paper, Textiles & Leather, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Entry of New Players to Drive Petrochemicals Market
The petrochemicals market has witnessed an exponential growth over the past few decades, owing to the increasing demand from a range of end-use industries, including aerospace, building & construction, agriculture, food & beverage, electrical & electronics, healthcare, and automotive. However, in the current scenario, the mounting environmental concerns revolving around the production of petrochemicals has played a key role in transforming several manufacturing processes and other processes that primarily contribute to climate change. Moreover, as nearly 99% of the total plastic is manufactured from oil & gas, the global petrochemicals market is likely to witness an impressive growth rate in the upcoming years.
However, with increasing concerns pertaining to the use of plastic and its environmental impact, the demand for plastic products in several core industrial sectors has declined consistently. Thus, the growth of the global petrochemicals market is likely to slow down in the second half of the forecast period. Although a majority of the market players operating in the current petrochemical market landscape has consistently reported noteworthy profits, the overall market is currently transforming in a number of ways. The drop in crude oil prices over the past decade is one of the key factors that are likely to bolster the growth of the global market for petrochemicals.
Several companies operating in the developing countries, including China, the Middle East, and Africa, and developed regions such as North America have made noteworthy profits due to the gas feedstock. Moreover, the demand from developing regions is likely to drop in the upcoming years due to which, several companies operating in the current petrochemical market landscape are expected to revise their value-creation strategies. At the back of these factors, along with a host of other drivers, the global petrochemicals market is projected to reach market value of US$ 676.5 Bn by the end of 2030.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Emerging Markets Witness Rise in Number of Petrochemicals Companies
Over the past few decades, the growth of the petrochemicals market has largely been driven by the growing demand from the developing regions. In addition, the increasing use of low-cost gas feedstocks as opposed to oil-based feedstock has largely benefited petrochemicals companies over the past few years– a trend that is expected to continue during the forecast period. The new shale gas-supply in North America has primarily profited companies in the region due to which, the market growth in North America is expected to remain consistent over the upcoming years.
As per current observations, consolidation in developed markets and rise in the number of new market entrants in developing regions are projected to drive the global petrochemicals market during the assessment period. A major share of the market can be attributed to national oil companies (NOC), international oil companies, and other companies with noteworthy petrochemical assets. Furthermore, investments in the petrochemicals market are largely being pumped by national oil companies due to the growing demand from the domestic market.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Volume Demand to Drop amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The outbreak of the novel COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a strong impact on the growth of the petrochemicals market in 2020. Travel restrictions, dwindling prices of oil & gas, production cuts, and growing requirement for chemicals and refined products are expected to hinder the growth of the market for petrochemicals in 2020. The ongoing efforts taken by various governments to curb the transmission of the novel coronavirus is projected to disrupt the overall supply-chain of various raw materials that are used across the petrochemicals market. In addition, restrained movement in the shipping industry and drastic decrease in the number of seaborne vessels have played a key role in hindering the growth of the global petrochemicals market. The market is anticipated to show signs of recovery toward the last quarter of 2020 and the first quarter of 2021, as air travel and cross-border activities are gradually expected to resume.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Petrochemicals Market, ask for a customized report
The global petrochemicals market is expected to grow at a moderate CAGR of 4% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to the entry of new market players in developing regions, dwindling prices of crude oil prices, and growing demand for petrochemicals from various end-use industries. However, the evolving regulatory landscape, along with rising environmental concerns is anticipated to play a key role in influencing the growth of the petrochemicals market during the forecast period. Market players are projected to focus on their value-creation strategies to solidify their presence in the current market landscape.
Petrochemicals Market: Overview
- Petrochemicals are an essential part of the chemical industry, as demand for synthetic materials is high across the globe. Petrochemicals are used in the manufacture of various products, which are employed in various end-use industries.
- Petrochemical products are extensively utilized in the manufacture of various materials, including paints, coatings, adhesives, and thermal insulation. These materials are employed widely in the building & construction sector.
- Petrochemicals are an essential part of commodities used in daily lives. Petrochemicals are chemical compounds derived from petroleum and other hydrocarbons, which are obtained from crude oil and natural gas. Petrochemicals are primarily used as chemical building blocks for a variety of materials and applications in the automotive sector.
Petrochemicals Market: Key Highlights
- New materials are often used as building blocks for product development and technology breakthroughs in the electrical & electronics industry. Modern electrical & electronics industry is highly dependent on petrochemical products for the manufacture of electrical and electronic goods. Everyday appliances such as CD players, telephones, radios, computers, and televisions are manufactured on a large scale with the assistance of the petrochemicals industry.
- Petrochemicals have become the most significant element in our daily lives and have entirely revolutionized the electronics sector by making some of the most important scientific inventions. The petrochemicals industry has proved to be extremely beneficial for the electronics industry.
- Automobile components made from petrochemicals products offer exceptional benefits such as lightweight that lead to less fuel consumption. This, in turn, helps in pollution control. Ease in processing helps in cutting down assembling time. The usage of petrochemicals enables to enhance the safety aspects of automobile.
- Properties such as flexibility in designing, lightweight, and durability have popularized the use of petrochemical composites in automobiles. Parts of the body, tires, interiors, dashboard, etc. are made out of petrochemical intermediates. The automobile industry has been transformed with the increase in usage of petrochemical-based composite materials.
Ethylene to Witness High Demand
- In terms of product, ethylene was the major segment with more than 25% share of the global petrochemicals market in 2019. It is estimated to continue its dominance in the global petrochemicals market between 2020 and 2030.
- Ethylene is primarily employed in the production of ethylene oxide, ethyl-benzene, and ethylene dichloride, which are used in building & construction and packaging industries
- Growth in production of methanol is directly associated to its increasing usage in olefins (MTO) and gasoline blending processes. Other petrochemicals such as butadiene, benzene, toluene, xylene, vinyls, and styrene also account for a vital share of the global petrochemicals market.
Rise in Demand for Petrochemicals in Building & Construction Industry
- In terms of end-use industry, building & construction was the leading segment with more than 25% share of the global petrochemicals market in 2019. It is projected to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030.
- Rapid growth in the building & construction industry is a key driver of the petrochemicals market. The number of new housings is on the rise in developing countries, indicating a positive overall trend in the construction sector.
Asia Pacific to Lead Petrochemicals Market
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific constituted a prominent share of the global petrochemicals market in 2019
- The petrochemicals market in Asia Pacific is estimated to continue to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The region held more than 50% share of the global petrochemicals market in 2019. Demand for petrochemical is high in Asia Pacific, particularly in China, owing to the increase in consumption of petrochemical products in the manufacture of various end-use products in applications such as automotive, building & construction, consumer & industrial goods, electrical & electronics, food & beverages, and healthcare in the region.
- China is a prominent consumer of petrochemicals in Asia Pacific. Expansion of the building & construction industry is a major factor propelling the petrochemicals market in the country. China is anticipated to remain highly lucrative country of the petrochemicals market during the forecast period, owing to the increase in production of electrical & electronics and plastic based products.
Petrochemicals Market: Competition Landscape
- Manufacturers are focusing on expanding their production capacities in order to meet the demand for petrochemicals in various end-use industries in developed and developing countries
- Prominent players operating in the global petrochemicals market are
- BASF SE
- BP Plc
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Total S.A.
- Exxon Mobil Corp.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation
- Saudi Arabian Oil Co.
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- LyondellBasell Industries NV
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- PetroChina Company Limited
- Saudi Basic Industries Corp.
- Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd.
- Reliance Industries Limited
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Indian Oil Corp. Ltd.
- Formosa Petrochemical Corporation
Petrochemicals Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global petrochemicals market provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the global petrochemicals market analyzes the market for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global petrochemicals market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides understanding of drivers, restraints, opportunities, and market trends.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors that are driving the global petrochemicals market, along with their influence on growth of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis and value chain analysis of the global petrochemicals market in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of players operating in the regional market.
Key Questions Answered in Petrochemicals Market Report
- How much revenue is the global petrochemicals market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the petrochemicals market?
- What are the factors anticipated to drive the global petrochemicals market during the forecast period?
- Which region is likely to be highly lucrative for petrochemicals during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the global petrochemicals market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the global petrochemicals market?
This report answers these questions about the global petrochemicals market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
Petrochemicals Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global petrochemicals market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global petrochemicals market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global petrochemicals market arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the global petrochemicals market by using bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global petrochemicals market, along with an overview of the market, is provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global petrochemicals market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Petrochemicals Market – Segmentation
This report on the global petrochemicals market segments the market based on product, end-use industry, and region.