Proximity Fuze Sensors Market: Introduction
- A proximity fuze sensor is a fuze which detonates explosives automatically when the distance to the target reduces. It is designed for targets such as missiles, planes, ships, and ground forces. The proximity fuze provides a sophisticated trigger mechanism, and it has 5 to 10 times more lethality compared to other fuzes.
- Earlier, proximity fuzes were used by aircraft batteries in World War ll. They were useful against V-1 flying bombs and Japanese aircraft. However, the development and introduction of electronically controlled aiming devices has now increased the accuracy of anti-aircraft fire.
- The proximity fuze is most commonly used in artillery such as projectiles, howitzers, and mortars. It is used in artillery, due to its accurate measurement. There are four types of artillery fuze. These include impact fuze, airburst fuze, multifunction fuze, and sensor & course correcting fuze.
- The proximity fuze is classified into radio and non-radio. The former uses electromagnetic radiation and operates in VHF/UHF and microwave regions, while the latter uses many types of phenomena to sense presence of the target.
Advancements in proximity fuze technology driving the market
- The last few decades have seen advancements in proximity fuze sensors. The advancements are in areas such as accurate height of burst in ground fuzes, optimum point of burst against airborne targets, resistance to severe electronic countermeasure, ultra wide band fuzes, and advanced signal processing technology.
- These developments are increasing the demand for proximity fuze sensors in aerospace and defense industry, which is fueling the market growth.
Rising demand for proximity detection due to urbanization
- Facilities are becoming more complex with urban expansion. Proximity fuze sensors help to respond effectively to emergencies and accidents. It also helps to manage complex facilities.
- In addition, proximity fuze sensors are used in automobiles, as intelligent urban vehicles need multiple sensors. These sensors monitor and control the position of a vehicle. This factor increases the demand for proximity fuze sensors in urban infrastructure.
Asia Pacific to lead the Global Market
- In terms of region, the proximity fuze sensor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The proximity fuze sensor market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- This growth is attributed to a wide range of applications in consumer electronics, urbanization, increasing disposable income leading to demand for consumer electronics, increasing usage of electric vehicle, and many other factors, which is expected to increase the demand for proximity fuze sensor products.
- The proximity fuze sensor market in North America, South America, and Europe is likely to show high growth due to increasing investment in the defense sector and presence of major players. The market in Middle East & Africa is expected to witness slow growth rate.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global proximity fuze sensor market was highly concentrated. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to meet the growing demand.
Key players operating in the global proximity fuze sensor market include:
- Fuchs Electronics
- John Wiley & Sons, Inc.,
Global Proximity Fuze Sensors Market: Research Scope
Global Proximity Fuze Sensors Market, by Fuzing Technique
- Pulsed Doppler
- Continuous Wave Fuze
- Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave
- Pulsed Laser Fuze
Global Proximity Fuze Sensors Market, by Application
Global Proximity Fuze Sensors Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.