Proximity Fuze Sensors Market: Introduction
- A proximity fuze sensor is a fuze which detonates explosives automatically when the distance to the target reduces. It is designed for targets such as missiles, planes, ships, and ground forces. The proximity fuze provides a sophisticated trigger mechanism, and it has 5 to 10 times more lethality compared to other fuzes.
- Earlier, proximity fuzes were used by aircraft batteries in World War ll. They were useful against V-1 flying bombs and Japanese aircraft. However, the development and introduction of electronically controlled aiming devices has now increased the accuracy of anti-aircraft fire.
- The proximity fuze is most commonly used in artillery such as projectiles, howitzers, and mortars. It is used in artillery, due to its accurate measurement. There are four types of artillery fuze. These include impact fuze, airburst fuze, multifunction fuze, and sensor & course correcting fuze.
- The proximity fuze is classified into radio and non-radio. The former uses electromagnetic radiation and operates in VHF/UHF and microwave regions, while the latter uses many types of phenomena to sense presence of the target.
Advancements in proximity fuze technology driving the market
- The last few decades have seen advancements in proximity fuze sensors. The advancements are in areas such as accurate height of burst in ground fuzes, optimum point of burst against airborne targets, resistance to severe electronic countermeasure, ultra wide band fuzes, and advanced signal processing technology.
- These developments are increasing the demand for proximity fuze sensors in aerospace and defense industry, which is fueling the market growth.
Rising demand for proximity detection due to urbanization
- Facilities are becoming more complex with urban expansion. Proximity fuze sensors help to respond effectively to emergencies and accidents. It also helps to manage complex facilities.
- In addition, proximity fuze sensors are used in automobiles, as intelligent urban vehicles need multiple sensors. These sensors monitor and control the position of a vehicle. This factor increases the demand for proximity fuze sensors in urban infrastructure.
Asia Pacific to lead the Global Market
- In terms of region, the proximity fuze sensor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The proximity fuze sensor market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- This growth is attributed to a wide range of applications in consumer electronics, urbanization, increasing disposable income leading to demand for consumer electronics, increasing usage of electric vehicle, and many other factors, which is expected to increase the demand for proximity fuze sensor products.
- The proximity fuze sensor market in North America, South America, and Europe is likely to show high growth due to increasing investment in the defense sector and presence of major players. The market in Middle East & Africa is expected to witness slow growth rate.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global proximity fuze sensor market was highly concentrated. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to meet the growing demand.
Key players operating in the global proximity fuze sensor market include:
- Fuchs Electronics
- John Wiley & Sons, Inc.,
Global Proximity Fuze Sensors Market: Research Scope
Global Proximity Fuze Sensors Market, by Fuzing Technique
- Pulsed Doppler
- Continuous Wave Fuze
- Frequency Modulated Continuous Wave
- Pulsed Laser Fuze
Global Proximity Fuze Sensors Market, by Application
Global Proximity Fuze Sensors Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!