Power Limiters: Introduction
- In electronics, a limiter is a circuit that allows the signal below a specified input power to pass unaffected through the circuit while attenuating peak of the input signal that exceeds the threshold
- Power limiters are useful to provide input protection for a variety of RF and microwave instruments. These limiters offer high accuracy, low insertion loss, and linear operation at low input levels and provide protection from short duration overloads.
- Based on application requirement, power limiters are classified into high power and low power limiters. They operate at the frequency ranging between 0 Hz and 6 GHz.
- High power limiters are largely used in defense applications such as electronic intelligence (ELINT), signals intelligence (SIGINT), ship’s signal exploitation, and command, control, communication intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C³ISR)
- Power limiters are used in various applications such as automotive, communication, industrial, and military
Rise in Demand for Power Limiters for Use in Military & Defense Industry
- Power limiters are largely used in the military & defense industry for protection of a variety of RF and microwave instruments and components from high-input power signals by attenuating high-input signal to below threshold point. These RF instruments are used for communication and surveillance applications, which provide protection to instruments from short-duration overloads.
- Use of power limiters in aircraft is required, as they are reliable, accurate, and high-performance protection products that can withstand harsh environmental conditions
- Power limiters have turn-on time of less than 100 PS and have low insertion loss, which plays a key role in defense applications, owing to which power limiters are significantly used in military and defense applications
- Moreover, increase in the number of orders for new aircraft with power limiters across the globe is expected to boost the global power limiters market during the forecast period
- As a result of these factors, the demand of power limiters for use in surveillance and harbor monitoring applications is increasing, which is expected to drive the global power limiters market during the forecast period
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Power Limiters Market, Request for a Sample
North America to Lead Global Power Limiters Market
- In terms of region, the global power limiters market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global power limiters market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of power limiters operate in the region
- The power limiters market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Power Limiters Market
The global power limiters market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for power limiters. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global power limiters market are:
- API Tech
- Keysight Technologies
- pSemi Corporation
- Qorvo, Inc.
- RFuW Engineering Ltd.
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Power Limiters Market: Research Scope
Global Power Limiters Market, by Type
- High Power
- Low Power
Global Power Limiters Market, by Frequency Range
- 0 MHz to 500 MHz
- 500 MHz to 1 GHz
- 1 GHz to 5 GHz
- Above 5 GHz
Global Power Limiters Market, by Application
Global Power Limiters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.