Power Limiters: Introduction
- In electronics, a limiter is a circuit that allows the signal below a specified input power to pass unaffected through the circuit while attenuating peak of the input signal that exceeds the threshold
- Power limiters are useful to provide input protection for a variety of RF and microwave instruments. These limiters offer high accuracy, low insertion loss, and linear operation at low input levels and provide protection from short duration overloads.
- Based on application requirement, power limiters are classified into high power and low power limiters. They operate at the frequency ranging between 0 Hz and 6 GHz.
- High power limiters are largely used in defense applications such as electronic intelligence (ELINT), signals intelligence (SIGINT), ship’s signal exploitation, and command, control, communication intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C³ISR)
- Power limiters are used in various applications such as automotive, communication, industrial, and military
Rise in Demand for Power Limiters for Use in Military & Defense Industry
- Power limiters are largely used in the military & defense industry for protection of a variety of RF and microwave instruments and components from high-input power signals by attenuating high-input signal to below threshold point. These RF instruments are used for communication and surveillance applications, which provide protection to instruments from short-duration overloads.
- Use of power limiters in aircraft is required, as they are reliable, accurate, and high-performance protection products that can withstand harsh environmental conditions
- Power limiters have turn-on time of less than 100 PS and have low insertion loss, which plays a key role in defense applications, owing to which power limiters are significantly used in military and defense applications
- Moreover, increase in the number of orders for new aircraft with power limiters across the globe is expected to boost the global power limiters market during the forecast period
- As a result of these factors, the demand of power limiters for use in surveillance and harbor monitoring applications is increasing, which is expected to drive the global power limiters market during the forecast period
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Power Limiters Market, Request for a Sample
North America to Lead Global Power Limiters Market
- In terms of region, the global power limiters market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global power limiters market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of power limiters operate in the region
- The power limiters market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Power Limiters Market
The global power limiters market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the risen demand for power limiters. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global power limiters market are:
- API Tech
- Keysight Technologies
- pSemi Corporation
- Qorvo, Inc.
- RFuW Engineering Ltd.
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Power Limiters Market: Research Scope
Global Power Limiters Market, by Type
- High Power
- Low Power
Global Power Limiters Market, by Frequency Range
- 0 MHz to 500 MHz
- 500 MHz to 1 GHz
- 1 GHz to 5 GHz
- Above 5 GHz
Global Power Limiters Market, by Application
Global Power Limiters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.