Power Amplifier Modules: Introduction
- A power amplifier module is an electronic device used to isolate and amplify different EEG channels and DC channels. These modules provide high power density that can be used in a broad range of applications including loudspeakers, active studio monitor speakers, amplified mono/stereo mixers, and modular mono/stereo amplifiers.
- According to type, power amplifier modules are segmented into audio and radio power amplifier modules and they are used in various industry verticals such as consumer electronics, automotive, telecommunication, and aerospace & defense.
- Power amplifier modules are designed for various applications such as military communication, transmitters, digital control, satellite links, test equipment, and broadband jamming.
- Telecommunications, wireless communication devices with artificial intelligence, 5G & 4G, Internet of Things (IoT), and consumer electronics drives the growth of the power amplifier modules market.
Rise in Demand from Consumer Electronics
- Consumer electronics is anticipated to be the fastest growing vertical of the global power amplifier modules market throughout the forecast period due to rise in demand for power amplifier modules in the consumer electronics industry.
- Rising demand for different consumer electronics such as smartphones, laptops, IoT devices, smart speakers, smart TVs, notebooks, soundbars, and wireless devices including GPS solutions is likely to boost the demand for power amplifier modules.
- Furthermore, popularity of next-generation electronic products & wireless devices, a rise in demand for luxury home products, and shifting of users from 4G to 5G technology across the world is also propelling the power amplifier modules market.
- In May 2019, Infineon Technologies, the global leader in semiconductor manufacturing, launched a class D audio brand namely MERUS with integrated multilevel amplifier ICs. The company has merged the existing portfolio of multi-chip modules and discrete audio products under one umbrella.
- High energy consumption, high costing, and complexity in design are the restraining factors of the power amplifier modules market. Asia Pacific region is a global focal point for large investment and business expansion, and thus creates lucrative opportunities for key market players of the power amplifier modules market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Power Amplifier Modules Market
- In terms of region, the global power amplifier modules market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global power amplifier modules market throughout the forecast period due to a growing industrial base in developing nations such as China, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia, and India.
- According to the GSM Association, more than 50% of the global mobile subscribers are based in APAC countries such as China, India, and Japan, creating a positive impact on the power amplifier modules market.
- Additionally, demand for power amplifier modules is growing in Asia Pacific due to rising demand from consumer electronics, industrial verticals, and information and communication technologies coupled with the use of efficient circuits in diverse applications.
- The power amplifier modules market in Europe and North America is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Power Amplifier Modules Market
The global power amplifier modules market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancement and expansion to meet the rising demand for power amplifier modules. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global power amplifier modules market include:
- Texas Instruments
- NXP Semiconductors
- Analog Devices
- Integrated Device Technology
- Skyworks Solutions
- Infineon Technologies
- Texas Instruments
- Broadcom Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Power Amplifier Modules Market, Request for a Sample
Global Power Amplifier Modules Market: Research Scope
Global Power Amplifier Modules Market, by Type
- Audio Power Amplifier Module
- Radio Power Amplifier Module
Global Power Amplifier Modules Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace and Defense
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!