Portable Appliance Testers (PAT): Introduction
- Portable appliance testers (PAT) are electrical safety testing equipment or devices mainly used to examine the status of electrical appliances and equipment to make sure that they are safe to use. They check safety parameters such as earth continuity/insulation resistance of electrical equipment. These parameters are embedded by the product manufacturer.
- Portable appliance testers examine any appliance or machine in which a plug is fitted. Portable appliance testers are also popularly known as business in a box.
- Portable appliance testers are specially designed to perform numerous compulsory electrical tests easily, quickly, and reliably. These testers decrease the probability of buying or using products that are dangerous.
- The global portable appliance testers (PAT) market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in demand for these testing devices in numerous industries such as semiconductor and electronics, and telecommunication.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Portable Appliance Testers (PAT) Market: Dynamics
Global Portable Appliance Testers (PAT) Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Portable appliance testers are mainly adopted by electronics manufacturing companies and professional services providers across the globe. These devices are easy-to-use and easily placed at different locations.
- Increasing usage of electronic devices with rapid advancement of technology and the need to ensure their proper functioning is projected to fuel the portable appliance testers market globally.
- Currently, testing of an electrical device is a crucial need before it is dispatched from the manufacturing center; this in turn is projected to fuel the growth of the portable appliance testers market globally.
- Portable appliance testers save time and money by determining if a piece of equipment is faulty. Moreover, rapid growth of the semiconductor and electronics industry is expected to spur the demand for portable appliance testers.
- However, currently, most electronic equipment are energy efficient and need less maintenance service, which is anticipated to adversely impact the portable appliance testers market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
North America to Account for Major Share of the Global Portable Appliance Testers (PAT) Market
- In terms of region, the global portable appliance testers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America held leading share of the global portable appliance testers market in terms of revenue and volume in 2018 and is projected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period due to the presence of recognized manufacturing companies with innovative technologies in the region. The U.S. is a key market for portable appliance testers in North America due to increasing growth of the electronics and semiconductor industry in the country.
- Asia Pacific is the leading consumer of portable appliance testers, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key countries of the portable appliance testers market in the region. In terms of demand, the two countries accounted for more than 50% share of the market for portable appliance testers (PAT) in the region in 2018.
- Europe is anticipated to hold the second largest share of the global portable appliance testers market in 2019. This is primarily due to the mandatory rules and regulations for electrical safety mandated by European governments.
Global Portable Appliance Testers (PAT) Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Portable Appliance Testers (PAT) Market
Numerous local, regional, and international players operate in the portable appliance testers market. Hence, the market is fairly fragmented and the bargaining power of suppliers is low. The degree of competition among market players is high. Manufacturers of portable appliance testers adopt two vital strategies — new product development and acquisition — to cater to the needs of various end-users. Key players operating in the global portable appliance testers (PAT) market are:
- Advantest Corporation
- Fluke Corporation
- Hawkesworth Appliance Testing
- Keysight Technologies, Inc.
- Mr. Electric
- O’Rourke Safety Advisors
- OCS Group limited
- PASS (Portable Appliance Safety Services) Limited
- Powertest Limited
- RMK Portable Appliance Testing
- Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co KG
- Seaward Electronic Ltd.
- Viavi Solutions
- Yokogawa Electric Corporation
Global Portable Appliance Testers (PAT) Market: Research Scope
Global Portable Appliance Testers (PAT) Market Segmentation, by Function
- Fail/Pass PAT Testing
- Earth bond Testing
- Insulation Testing
- Battery Powered Testing
- Leakage/load Testing
Global Portable Appliance Testers (PAT) Market Segmentation, by Application
- Industrial Equipment
- Home Appliances
Global Portable Appliance Testers (PAT) Market Segmentation, by Industry
- Aerospace and Defense
- Semiconductor and Electronics
Global Portable Appliance Testers (PAT) Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.