Polyether Block Amide Market: Introduction
- Polyether block amide is a multiblock copolymer, which is made of rigid polyamide and flexible polyether, and is known by the trade name Pebax. These are plasticizer-free, thermoplastic elastomers, which belong to the class of engineering polymer. They are easy to process by injection molding and profile or film extrusion.
- Polyether block amide offers superior mechanical and dynamic properties which include flexibility, impact resistance, and fatigue resistance. In addition, it also offers excellent low-temperature impact strength, resistance to chemicals, high elasticity, and good resilience.
- Polyether block amide is widely used in sportswear, fibers & fabrics, packaging, medical, industrial, and other applications. Among these applications, sportswear is likely to hold major share of the Polyether block amide market. Polyether block amide offers a broad range of flexibility, has good low temperature flexibility characteristics, and high strength and toughness; thus, it is used in sports equipment including footwear components, outsoles, and ski boots.
- In medical applications, polyether block amide is extensively used in manufacturing of catheters, PVC-free tubing, medical gowns, etc. due to its excellent flexibility, toughness, and impact strength. Swift industrial growth coupled with rise in demand for lightweight and flexible material is expected to augment the polyester block amide market by the end of the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Polyether Block Amide Market
- Its excellent gas separation property makes polyether block amide an ideal material for diffusion of gaseous mixtures; thus, it is used as a functional material in sportswear, and packaging applications for gas sterilization in medical and food sector.
- Rising awareness pertaining to following a healthy lifestyle and the health benefits of fitness activities, including yoga, running, swimming, and aerobics, is expected to drive demand for polyether block amide market in the near future. Attributes of polyether block amide such as its extreme lightweight performance and outstanding energy restoring ability for sports equipment such as footwear components, outsoles, and ski boots allows polyether block amide to be utilized in production of running shoes, ski boots, protective gear, golf balls, protective gear, wearable devices etc.
- Rising demand for flexible polyether in various industrial applications due to its enduring elasticity, fatigue resistance, and cold temperature performance is expected to drive the global polyether block amide market. Some of the common industrial applications of polyether block amide includes films, belting, silent gear, wires, and cables.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global Polyether Block Amide Market
- Geographically, the demand for polyether block amide can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Escalation in cases of work-related health issues (stress and obesity), coupled with governmental boost with the launch of schemes, such as the Fit India Movement and Khelo India Scheme, to boost mass participation of youth in annual sports games and competitions is likely to drive demand for sportswear in the near future. Furthermore, increasing popularity of international sportswear brands is likely to contribute to the increasing demand for running shoes, ski boots, protective gear, wearable devices, etc.
- Another prominent factor responsible for polyether block amide market growth includes rising disposable income levels, increased standard of living, low production cost, and availability of low cost labor, which are accelerating the market growth of sportswear in India and China.
- Rising demand for catheters, PVC-free tubing, medical gowns, etc. for medical applications is propelling polyether block amide market in North America and Europe, due to its excellent flexibility, toughness, and impact strength. Also, the market across both the regions is highly mature and is dominated by major producers such as Evonik Industries AG, Arkema S.A, BASF SE, and Zotefoams plc.
- Growing import of polyether block amide in Latin America and Middle East & Africa due to its excellent flexibility, impact resistance, and fatigue resistance, is likely to boost the demand for polyether block amide in both the regions.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Polyether Block Amide Market
Demand within the polyether block amide market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for major share of the market. Few of the key players operating in the polyether block amide market include:
- Evonik Industries AG
- Arkema S.A
- BASF SE
- EMS-CHEMIE HOLDING AG
- Teleflex Medical OEM
- Zotefoams plc.
- Zeus Industrial Products, Inc.
- Univar Inc.
Global Polyether Block Amide Market: Research Scope
Global Polyether Block Amide Market, by Application
- Fibers & Fabrics
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.