Polyether Block Amide Market: Introduction
- Polyether block amide is a multiblock copolymer, which is made of rigid polyamide and flexible polyether, and is known by the trade name Pebax. These are plasticizer-free, thermoplastic elastomers, which belong to the class of engineering polymer. They are easy to process by injection molding and profile or film extrusion.
- Polyether block amide offers superior mechanical and dynamic properties which include flexibility, impact resistance, and fatigue resistance. In addition, it also offers excellent low-temperature impact strength, resistance to chemicals, high elasticity, and good resilience.
- Polyether block amide is widely used in sportswear, fibers & fabrics, packaging, medical, industrial, and other applications. Among these applications, sportswear is likely to hold major share of the Polyether block amide market. Polyether block amide offers a broad range of flexibility, has good low temperature flexibility characteristics, and high strength and toughness; thus, it is used in sports equipment including footwear components, outsoles, and ski boots.
- In medical applications, polyether block amide is extensively used in manufacturing of catheters, PVC-free tubing, medical gowns, etc. due to its excellent flexibility, toughness, and impact strength. Swift industrial growth coupled with rise in demand for lightweight and flexible material is expected to augment the polyester block amide market by the end of the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Polyether Block Amide Market
- Its excellent gas separation property makes polyether block amide an ideal material for diffusion of gaseous mixtures; thus, it is used as a functional material in sportswear, and packaging applications for gas sterilization in medical and food sector.
- Rising awareness pertaining to following a healthy lifestyle and the health benefits of fitness activities, including yoga, running, swimming, and aerobics, is expected to drive demand for polyether block amide market in the near future. Attributes of polyether block amide such as its extreme lightweight performance and outstanding energy restoring ability for sports equipment such as footwear components, outsoles, and ski boots allows polyether block amide to be utilized in production of running shoes, ski boots, protective gear, golf balls, protective gear, wearable devices etc.
- Rising demand for flexible polyether in various industrial applications due to its enduring elasticity, fatigue resistance, and cold temperature performance is expected to drive the global polyether block amide market. Some of the common industrial applications of polyether block amide includes films, belting, silent gear, wires, and cables.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global Polyether Block Amide Market
- Geographically, the demand for polyether block amide can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Escalation in cases of work-related health issues (stress and obesity), coupled with governmental boost with the launch of schemes, such as the Fit India Movement and Khelo India Scheme, to boost mass participation of youth in annual sports games and competitions is likely to drive demand for sportswear in the near future. Furthermore, increasing popularity of international sportswear brands is likely to contribute to the increasing demand for running shoes, ski boots, protective gear, wearable devices, etc.
- Another prominent factor responsible for polyether block amide market growth includes rising disposable income levels, increased standard of living, low production cost, and availability of low cost labor, which are accelerating the market growth of sportswear in India and China.
- Rising demand for catheters, PVC-free tubing, medical gowns, etc. for medical applications is propelling polyether block amide market in North America and Europe, due to its excellent flexibility, toughness, and impact strength. Also, the market across both the regions is highly mature and is dominated by major producers such as Evonik Industries AG, Arkema S.A, BASF SE, and Zotefoams plc.
- Growing import of polyether block amide in Latin America and Middle East & Africa due to its excellent flexibility, impact resistance, and fatigue resistance, is likely to boost the demand for polyether block amide in both the regions.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Polyether Block Amide Market
Demand within the polyether block amide market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for major share of the market. Few of the key players operating in the polyether block amide market include:
- Evonik Industries AG
- Arkema S.A
- BASF SE
- EMS-CHEMIE HOLDING AG
- Teleflex Medical OEM
- Zotefoams plc.
- Zeus Industrial Products, Inc.
- Univar Inc.
Global Polyether Block Amide Market: Research Scope
Global Polyether Block Amide Market, by Application
- Fibers & Fabrics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.