Poloxamer Market: Introduction
- Poloxamer is a block of copolymers of poly(ethylene oxide) and poly(propylene oxide). It is primarily used to increase the miscibility of two substances, which have different hydrophobicity; or enhance the water solubility of oily substances. Poloxamer is present in the form of liquid, paste, and solid, depending upon the molecular weight of the polymer.
- Poloxamers help improve solubility, absorption, and bioavailability in formulation of various drugs. Additionally, poloxamer acts as a plasticizing agent, solubilizer, and emulsifier in solid & liquid dispersions, emulsions, and micro-emulsions. It is commercially sold under the brand names Pluronic, Lutrol, Kolliphor, Antarox, and Synperonic.
- Based on application, the global poloxamer market can be segmented into cosmetics, pharmaceutical, nanoparticle synthesis, and others. Cosmetics and pharmaceutical segments are expected to account for high share of the market in the near future. In cosmetics, poloxamer is primarily used in the production of creams & liquid emulsions and dissolving oily substances in water. In pharmaceutical application, it is primarily used to improve the bioavailability of less soluble Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in solid dispersion. Furthermore, poloxamer is used in DNA technology, burn injury, cardiovascular, and ophthalmic treatment applications.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Poloxamer Market report
Key Drivers of Poloxamer Market
- Properties of poloxamer such as biocompatibility, nontoxicity, plasticization, solubilization, and emulsification are expected to drive its demand in a wide range of applications including pharmaceutical, cosmetics, nanoparticle synthesis, and others (mouthwash formulations, detergent, cleaning solution, etc.)
- Various government agencies are increasingly investing in the manufacture of drugs. This coupled with rise in investments in research & development activities for the manufacture of new products in the pharmaceutical sector is anticipated to drive the demand for poloxamer in the near future.
- Increase in income of the middle class, considerable improvements in lifestyle of the people, and growth in attention to physical wellbeing are some of the factors estimated to boost the production and consumption of cosmetic products. Poloxamer aids in the formation of emulsions by decreasing the surface tension of substances and inhibiting the growth of microorganisms. This is expected to drive the demand for poloxamer in the formulation of cosmetic products.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Poloxamer Market
- Based on region, the global poloxamer market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is a leading consumer of poloxamer. It is followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Rise in incidence of chronic diseases, technological advancements in production of API formulations, and increase in government focus on the development of generic and specialty drugs are projected to drive the demand for poloxamer in the formulation of drugs in North America in the near future.
- The market in Europe is dominated by producers such as BASF SE, Sirion Biotech Gmbh, and Solvay S.A. These players are extensively engaged in new product launch and research & development activities to increase their presence in the market.
- Growth in government initiatives in formulation of drugs in Asia Pacific is likely to boost the demand for poloxamer in the manufacture of drugs in the near future. The National Health Protection Scheme, which is the largest government funded health care program in the world, is likely to benefit 100 million poor families in India by providing a cover of nearly US$ 7,723.2 per family per year.
- The poloxamer market in Latin America is expected to expand at a moderate pace, owing to the presence of a few producers across the region. The market in Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a significant pace, due to substantial improvement in the health care system of the region. However, Middle East & Africa relies on import of poloxamer from other regions such as Europe and North America.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report on Poloxamer Market
Key Players Operating in Poloxamer Market
The global poloxamer market is highly concentrated, with the leading producers accounting for prominent share. Furthermore, these producers are extensively engaged in improving the quality of their existing line of poloxmer to gain higher share in the global poloxamer market. Key players operating in the poloxamer market include:
- BASF SE
- Anshul Life Sciences
- DeWolf Chemicals
- Solvay S.A.
- Sirion Biotech Gmbh
- BioPharm International
- Planet Science
Global Poloxamer Market: Research Scope
Global Poloxamer Market, by Form
Global Poloxamer Market, by Application
- Nanoparticle Synthesis
- Others (Mouthwash Formulations, Detergents, Cleaning Solutions, etc.)
Global Poloxamer Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.