Piezoelectric Positioners: Introduction
- The global piezoelectric positioners market has witnessed significant growth over the last few years and the trend is expected to continue throughout the forecast period
- Piezoelectricity is a property of specific classes of crystalline materials. This piezoelectricity is similar to electrostriction, which is a property of all dielectric materials. Piezoelectricity exhibits various mechanisms when exposed to an electric field.
- Typically, the electrostrictive impact is low and the course of this little change in geometry does not alter if the course of the electric field is reversed. As opposed to this condition, piezoelectric materials exhibit an inversion toward geometrical alter when the course of the electrical field is reversed.
- Commercially, piezoelectric positioners are largely applied in the fabrication industry for the development of components such as transducers, actuators, and acoustic wave devices
- Piezoelectric positioners are highly popular, due to advantages associated with them such as high compatibility, unlimited resolution, operation at cryogenic temperatures, quick expansion, generation of a large amount of force, and absence of magnetic fields
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rising Demand for Precise Control in Nano Positioning Applications
- Ultra-high precision latitudinal positioning of objects is of prime importance in the emerging field of nanotechnology. Precise motion control is extremely critical when it comes to nano positioning applications including microlithography, bio-nanotechnology, nanoimprinting, optical alignment, and semiconductor test and measurement.
- Piezo stages are the highest-rated mechanisms for nano positioning, due to their advanced characteristics and benefits associated with them such as high scanning speed, ultra-compact translation stages, high reliability, and high resolution capabilities
- Demand for precise control is significantly rising in nano positioning applications in several industry verticals, which is influencing manufacturers of piezoelectric positioners to introduce more advanced products in order to meet end-use requirements.
- This, in turn, is likely to create new growth opportunities for the global piezoelectric positioners market in the next few years
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Piezoelectric Positioners Market, ask for a customized report
Limitations of Piezoelectric Positioners
- Some of the limitations of piezoelectric positioners are anticipated to hamper the global market in the next few years
- The positioning pace of piezo-based frameworks is constrained by the most reduced auxiliary vibrational frequency, which can create a significant number of positioning errors and can limit the scope of demand for piezoelectric positioners to some extent
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global piezoelectric positioners market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is anticipated to dominate the global market from 2019 to 2017, followed by North America. This growth can be attributed to development in nanotechnology across the two regions.
- However, the market in Asia Pacific is projected to register the maximum growth rate during the forecast period. This is primarily due to growth of the semiconductor industry in developing economies in the region.
- The markets in Middle East & Africa and South America are expected to witness moderate growth during the forecast period
Key Players in Global Piezoelectric Positioners Market
The global piezoelectric positioners market was highly fragmented in 2018. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for piezoelectric positioners. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global piezoelectric positioners market are:
- mechOnics ag
- Micronix USA
- SmarAct GmbH
- Piezosystem Jena
- Physik Instrumente
- Aerotech Inc.
- Mad City Labs
- MICOS USA
- Kingwei Electronic
- Cedrat Technologies
Global Piezoelectric Positioners Market: Research Scope
Global Piezoelectric Positioners Market, by Axis
Global Piezoelectric Positioners Market, by Orientation
Global Piezoelectric Positioners Market, by Design
Global Piezoelectric Positioners Market, by Application
- Optical Component
- Precision Finishing
- Metrology Equipment
Global Piezoelectric Positioners Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.