Global PC Compounding Market: Overview
The field of chemical engineering has witnessed rapid developments in recent times, and this factor has played a major role in the growth of the global PC compounding market. The use of thermoplastics has also gathered momentum across a multitude of industries. A close look into the chemical industry shows that polycarbonates are extensively used for developing strong, durable, and tough materials. Hence, the properties of polycarbonates have played a central role in driving demand within the PC compounding market. Use of PC compounding in the manufacturing of cell-phone covers is, perhaps, the most basic usage of polycarbonates. The wide portfolio of applications for PC compounding is suggestive of a solid revenue index for this market.
Transparency Market Research (TMR) reviews the leading drivers of demand within the global PC compounding market. The global PC compounding market can be segmented on the basis of application, product type, and region. The popularity of PC/ABS supersedes all other types of PC compounding.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the PC Compounding Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Global PC Compounding Market: Notable Developments
- Covestro recently transferred the rights of distribution for its thermoplastic and polycarbonate product portfolio to ALBIS. The latter will be liable to distribute the products in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Greece, Albania, and North Macedonia. The company has now come to cover large parts of North Africa, Europe, and China.
- The PC compounding business had traced a downscale graph over the past few years. However, owing to the rigorous efforts of the market vendors, the market has stabilized in recent times. The strategies of the vendors would play a defining role in ensuring sustained market growth.
Global PC Compounding Market: Growth Drivers
Advancements in Electronic Manufacturing
The electronic industry has emerged as a prominent consumer of PC compounding. The safety dimension associated with the use of polycarbonates in electronics has played a key part in market growth. The need for electric insulation can also be fulfilled with the use of PC compounding. Besides, manufacturing of telecommunications hardware can be accomplished with a greater degree of finesses through the use of PC compounding. Henceforth, there are bright prospects of growth for vendors looking to invest in the global PC compounding market.
Commercial manufacturers of polycarbonate capacitors suffered a setback when Bayer AG discontinued making capacitor-grade polycarbonate films in 2000. However, the market for PC compounding has regained its stability over the past decade. It is expected that advancements in manufacturing of polycarbonate capacitors would lead to the inflow of fresh revenues into the global PC compounding market.
Construction of High-Rise Buildings
The constructions industry is also positioned as a key consumer of PC compounding materials. The manufacturing of dome lights and curved surfaces across residential and commercial infrastructures involves the use of PC compounding. Furthermore, sheets of polycarbonate are used to develop the walls of greenhouses. In addition to this, corrugated sheets used for sound-proofing may also be developed with the help of PC compounding. It is evident that PC compounding has a wide range of applications in multiple domains.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in PC Compounding Market, ask for a customized report
It would be an understatement to call PC compounding as an important component of the automotive industry. From surface-smoothening to base-coating, the use of PC compounding in giving a sharp finish to cars is humongous. Moreover, the use of PC compounding in aircrafts and railway lines has also created a plethora of opportunities for PC compounding market growth.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.