Para-nitrotoluene Market: Introduction
- The global para-nitrotoluene market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the increasing demand for these in various industries such as dyes & pigments, pharmaceutical, and explosives. Growth of the dyes & pigments industry in countries in Asia Pacific, such as India, Taiwan, and Thailand, has opened new avenues for the para-nitrotoluene market.
- Para-nitrotoluene is also known as is 4-nitrotoluene and its chemical formula is C7H7NO2. The most common end-uses of para-nitrotoluene are dye intermediates, specialty chemicals, and optical whiteners.
- Para-nitrotoluene is primarily used in the manufacture of intermediates for drugs such as para amino benzoic acid, benzocaine, procaine hydrochloride, thioacetazone, and folic acid. It is also employed as an intermediate for explosives.
Key Drivers of Global Para-nitrotoluene Market
- Para-nitrotoluene is used for the production of derivatives that are used as colorant intermediates and in the formation of stilbene intermediates for fluorescent whitening agents. These include para-toluidine, 4-nitrobenzoic acid, 4-amino-2-chlorotoluene, and 4-nitrotoluene-2-sulfonic acid. Para-nitrotoluene is also employed in the manufacture of agricultural, pharmaceutical and rubber chemicals and in various azo and sulfur dyes for cotton, wool, silk, leather, and paper.
- Rise in the use of para-nitrotoluene in the manufacture of azo dyes offers lucrative potential for the global para-nitrotoluene market, owing to rapid industrialization and expansion of the global paints & coatings industry. Increase in the demand for para-nitrotoluene for use as an intermediate in the production of specialty chemicals is also augmenting the global para-nitrotoluene market.
- Para-nitrotoluene is a clear yellow liquid and it is extremely soluble in benzene, diethyl ether, and ethanol. It is soluble in most organic solvents and only slightly soluble in water.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Dyes & Pigments Application Segment to Witness Immense Opportunities
- In terms of value and volume, the dyes & pigments segment is estimated to account for a significant share of the global para-nitrotoluene market during the forecast period, owing to rise in the demand for azo dyes in numerous applications such as paints & coatings and textile across the world
- Para-nitrotoluene is primarily used in the production of intermediates for azo and sulfur dyes. Typical intermediates are p-toluidine, para-nitro benzaldehyde, and 4-nitro-2-chlorotoluene.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Para-nitrotoluene Market
- In terms of both value and volume, Asia Pacific accounted for a significant share of the global para-nitrotoluene market in 2018. It is anticipated to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period, due to growth of the dyes & pigments industry and rise in the demand for pharmaceutical products in the region. China is the leading producer of chemicals, paints, coatings, and medicines in Asia Pacific. This factor is expected to drive the para-nitrotoluene market in the country during the forecast period.
- North America and Europe also constitute a considerable share of the global para-nitrotoluene market. The market in these regions is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace, due to implementation of stringent regulations on carbon emissions in these regions.
- Brazil is a leading consumer of para-nitrotoluene in Latin America. It is projected to continue to be attractive during the forecast period, due to growth of the dyes & pigments industry in the country.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to be attractive regions of the global para-nitrotoluene market during the forecast period. Latin America comprises countries such as Brazil and Mexico, which are major manufacturers of paints and coatings in the world. They are also manufacturing hubs for numerous industries. Economic growth of these countries is likely to create opportunities for the para-nitrotoluene market in Latin America during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global para-nitrotoluene market are:
- Aarti Industries Limited
- Panoli Intermediates India Private Limited
- EMCO Dyestuff
- R K Synthesis Limited
- Shree Chemopharma Ankleshwar Pvt Ltd.
- Huaian Jiacheng Hi-tech Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu First Chemical Manufacture Co., Ltd.
- Jiangsu Huaihe Chemicals Co., Ltd. (ChemChina)
- Deepak Nitrite Limited
Global Para-nitrotoluene Market: Research Scope
Global Para-nitrotoluene Market, by Grade
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- Industrial Grade
Global Para-nitrotoluene Market, by Application
- Dyes & Pigments
- Photographic Chemicals
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.