Organic Light Emitting Transistors: Introduction
- An organic light-emitting transistor is a form of transistor that emits energy in the form of light.
- Organic light-emitting transistors have the potential for digital displays and on-chip optical interconnects. It is a new light-emission concept, providing planar light sources that can be easily integrated into substrates such as silicon, glass, and paper using standard microelectronic techniques
- Organic light emitting transistors are lightweight, thin & flexible, and have widespread applications in a number of areas including smart displays, electronic circuits, and sensors.
They are used in consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace & defense, industrial, telecommunication, healthcare, and other sectors.
Rising Demand for Organic Light Emitting Transistors in Consumer Electronics
- The consumer electronics segment is the fastest growing segment of the global organic light emitting transistors market.
- Increase in the use of computers, televisions, smartphones, and laptops, wearable devices, and video systems globally along with the large scale acceptance of organic light emitting transistors in consumer electronic goods is likely to propel the growth of the global organic light emitting transistors market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, growing inventions in smartphone display panels, increasing use of organic light emitting semiconductor components, and rising usage of electronic paper display and AMOLED also propels the growth of the global organic light emitting transistors market.
- The healthcare segment is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to the rising adoption of wearable technologies for remote health monitoring and self-health tracking, which boosts the global organic light emitting transistors market.
- Technical issues associated with organic light emitting transistors and economic slowdown due to COVID-19 are major restraints of the global organic light emitting transistors market. However, new research and development activities provide opportunities for the market.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Organic Light Emitting Transistors Market
- In terms of region, the global organic light emitting transistors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness fastest growth in the global organic light emitting transistors market throughout the forecast period, due to rising demand from healthcare, and automotive end-use industries in the APAC region.
- The Asia Pacific market is also expected to witness the fastest growth due to the huge consumer base of organic light emitting transistors owing to a rising industrial base and consumer electronics industry in developing nations such as China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and India.
- Additionally, demand for consumer goods such as televisions, monitors, smartphones, laptops, and other consumer goods with displays is growing in Asia Pacific, which propels the growth of the organic light emitting transistors market.
- North America is anticipated to experience the second fastest growth in the organic light emitting transistors market due to a large number of manufactures in the region.
- The organic light emitting transistors market in Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Organic Light Emitting Transistors Market
The global organic light emitting transistors market is projected to be highly fragmented in the future. Major players operating in the market such as Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Futaba Corporation, and Sony Corporation, are focusing on technological advancements and expansion. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Global Organic Light Emitting Transistors Market: Research Scope
Global Organic Light Emitting Transistors Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Organic Light Emitting Transistors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!