Oil-trunk Pumps Market: Introduction
- Oil-trunk pumps form a very essential tool for effective transportation of oil and gas through pipelines in the oil & gas industry. Oil-trunk pumps are used to pump oil as well as gas to various equipment.
- In the oil & gas industry, large volume of oil is transported through pipelines. More than 90% of the produced oil is transported and pumped from oil-trunk pipelines with the help of oil-trunk pumps.
- Companies are trying to find out more efficient solutions and competent equipment to pump oil and gas easily by investing in research & development for more advanced version of oil-trunk pumps.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Oil-trunk Pumps Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Oil-trunk Pumps Market
- Rapid globalization and industrialization is one of the drivers of the oil-trunk pumps market. Significant increase in demand for oil and gas across the globe has lead companies to increase the production and upgrade the existing infrastructure. Hence, rise in demand for fuel is one of the major drivers of the oil-trunk pumps market.
- Increase in use of advanced electronic technologies and sensors in oil-trunk pump and pipelines is another key driver of the oil-trunk pumps market as these technologies observe and regulate operating conditions and consequently, reduce damage from internal factors such as excessive strain, stress, and corrosion
- Geopolitical uncertainties and volatile prices are major restraints for the oil-trunk pumps market. Inconsistent demand and changing crude oil prices due to unstable geopolitical issues are expected to affect the oil-trunk pumps market.
- Use of renewable energy reduces the cost of power generation and rise in concerns on carbon emission. Increase in use of renewable energy is expected to restrain oil & gas industry. This, in turn, is likely to be one of the key restraining factors of the oil-trunk pumps market.
Global Oil-trunk Pumps Market: Segmentation
- The oil-trunk pumps market can be segmented in terms of application as upstream, midstream, and downstream. The midstream segment is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, due to high demand from the oil and gas processing unit.
Global Oil-trunk Pumps Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global oil-trunk pumps market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global oil-trunk pumps market in 2018. This trend is projected to continue during the forecast period, due to increased capacity of oil and gas production in the U.S. and Canada. Furthermore, presence of a large number of private oil companies in North America is likely to drive the oil-trunk pumps market in the region during the forecast period. The U.S. is expected to add more trunk pipelines during the forecast period, thereby dominating the global oil-trunk pumps market. According to General Electric Company’s Baker Hughes Inc., the oil rig count in the U.S. increased by approximate 42% in 2017 compared to that in 2016 due to the recovery in crude oil prices.
- Middle East & Africa is a major oil producer region in the world. Offshore developments and discoveries of new oil and gas fields by countries such as Qatar, the UAE, and Saudi Arabia are anticipated to dominate the oil-trunk pumps market in the Middle East during the forecast period.
- The market in Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period. Increase in investment in offshore exploration activities by developing counties such as China, India, and Brazil is expected to drive the oil-trunk pumps market during the forecast period.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Oil-trunk Pumps Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
- In August 2019, PumpWorks introduced PWA-SL Sealless horizontal process pump. This pump is designed to take on all applications of a typical ANSI pump, while eliminating the need for mechanical seals and seal support systems.
- In December 2018, HMS Group signed a contract to deliver main and auxiliary equipment worth US$ 80 Mn for a gas booster station at an oil and gas condensate field in Russia
- In February 2017, SPX expanded production capabilities by opening a new manufacturing campus in Poland. This plant is a multi-million dollar investment, established in 28,000 square meter area.
Key Players Operating in the Oil-trunk Pumps Market:
- HYDROMASHSERVICE (HMS Group)
- Wastecorp Pumps
- Sulzer Ltd
- SPX Corporation
- KSB SE & Co. KGaA
- Weir Group
- ENCE GmbH
Global Oil-trunk Pumps Market: Research Scope
Global Oil-trunk Pumps Market, by Application
Global Oil-trunk Pumps Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.