Multi-mode Laser Diodes: Introduction
- A laser diode is an electrically pumped semiconductor laser that produces coherent light when the current flows through a p–n junction
- Laser diodes are available in the following wavelength ranges: UV (200 - 389 nm), violet (390 - 419 nm), blue (420- 499 nm), green (500–559 nm), red (620–699 nm), and IR (700 - 2,150 nm)
- Laser diodes have single-mode and multi-mode design configurations. Among these, multi-mode laser diodes have a larger emitting area, which offers higher power. Also, it offers a wide surface area at the facet, which reduces the intensity of catastrophic optical damage.
- These multi-mode laser diodes are ideal for use in several industrial applications including laser cladding, fiber laser pumping, surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy, machine vision, and communication
- Moreover, low rise time and high pulse energy of multi-mode laser diodes make them a preferred choice for use in high-resolution sensing applications in harsh environments
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Key Drivers of Global Multi-mode Laser Diode Market
- Growing adoption of laser diodes in end-use industries is fueling the demand for multi-mode laser diodes
- Multi-mode laser diodes are largely used in optical fiber communications, optical storage, printers, scanners, lithography, sensors, displays, medical devices, and pumping of solid-state lasers
- Furthermore, the demand for laser diodes with high output power in the wavelength range of 660 nm as well as 659 nm is rising in the health care industry in applications such as phototherapy and DNA sequencing
- Also, in the life sciences industry, the demand for laser diodes is rising in applications including laser microscopy and Raman spectroscopy
Optics & Photonics Segment to Witness Significant Growth Potential
- Based on end-use industry, the multi-mode laser diode market can be divided into material processing, optics & photonics, defense & sensing, bio-medical & life science, metrology, and others
- The optics & photonics industry is likely to witness significant demand for multi-mode laser diodes during the forecast period, owing to increased adoption of laser diodes in communication and data storage applications.
- Moreover, the use of multi-mode laser diodes is increasing in the bio-medical & life science industry, as these diodes cause a photochemical reaction with hemoglobin, melanin, and other materials in a short time and lead to highly efficient absorption in that particular wavelength range
- Thus, in the bio-medical & life sciences industry, multi-mode laser diodes are generally used in applications such as phototherapy, DNA sequencing, laser microscopy, and Raman spectroscopy
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Multi-mode Laser Diode Market
- In terms of region, the global multi-mode laser diode market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The multi-mode laser diode market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to growth of the economy and increase in financial support for research and development activities by governments in the region.
- Countries such as India and China are developing at a rapid rate. Thus, manufacturers of multi-mode laser diodes in these countries are expecting increase in the demand for their newly developed products.
- The multi-mode laser diode market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth between 2019 and 2027. The market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global multi-mode laser diode market is fragmented, with several manufacturers accounting for a moderate market share. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and hence, they are increasing their investments in research and development activities. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global multi-mode laser diode market are:
- NICHIA CORPORATION
- OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH
- Ushio Opto Semiconductors, Inc.
- Egismos Technology Corporation
- Coherent, Inc.
- Sharp Corporation
- Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation
- TOPTICA Photonics AG
Global Multi-mode Laser Diode Market: Research Scope
Global Multi-mode Laser Diode Market, by Type
- Free Space
Global Multi-mode Laser Diode Market, by Wavelength
- UV (200–389 nm)
- Violet (390–419 nm)
- Blue (420–499 nm)
- Green (500–559 nm)
- Red (620–699 nm)
- IR (700–2,150 nm)
Global Multi-mode Laser Diode Market, by End-user
- Material Processing
- Optics & Photonics
- Defense & Sensing
- Bio-medical & Life Sciences
Global Multi-mode Laser Diode Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.