Modular Desalination Plant: Introduction
- Desalination plant is an industrial facility that adopts physical or chemical processes to recover or reduce concentration of salt from water stream. Removal of salt from water supplies renders it fit for drinking and reduces the occurrence of salt-induced corrosion of any metal in contact with the treated water.
- Desalination plant utilizes several processes such as mechanical vapor compression, thermal multistage flash distillation, and reverse osmosis for treatment of water
Key Drivers and Restraints of Modular Desalination Plant Market
- Increase in demand for compact size and energy efficient desalination plants is expected to drive the global modular desalination plant market. Desalination is the process wherein salts and other minerals are removed from fluids such as seawater.
- Increase in investment in development of modular desalination plant is projected to propel the global modular desalination plant market between 2020 and 2030. In February 2019, IDE technologies announced plans to construct the SWRO desalination plant for the Quebrada Blanca Phase 2 (QB2) project in Chile. QB2 is an extension of Teck's existing Quebrada Blanca operation and will be located at the port site for the QB2 copper mine in the Tarapacá region. Furthermore, technological innovation in design of desalination plant to optimize efficiency is anticipated to propel the global modular desalination plant market between 2020 and 2030.
- Shortage of drinking water supply and rise in global population are expected to drive the modular desalination plant market during the forecast period. Climate change is a key factor that is disturbing water cycle and leading to water shortage.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Governments of various countries have imposed restrictions on the movement of individuals and economic activities to limit the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, various small commercial sectors had to close their operations. Small commercial sectors such as resort, hotel, and restaurant are major end-users of modular desalination plants, as these plants are utilized to provide clean water for drinking purposes. Thus, disruption in operation of commercial facilities due to the pandemic is expected to hamper the demand for modular desalination plant in the market.
Reverse Osmosis Segment Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- The global modular desalination plant market can be segmented based on technology, end-user, and region
- Based on technology, the global modular desalination plant market can be segregated into reverse osmosis and others. Reverse osmosis is an extensively used technology in modular desalination plants. Growth of the segment can be ascribed to its minimal energy requirement and optimized efficiency.
- Based on end-user, the global modular desalination plant market can be classified into hotels, manufacturing facilities, and others. Modular desalination plants are extensively used in end-user industries as, they enable them to be independent of regional water supply companies and have total control over their requirements and costs.
Europe Expected to Constitute Key Share of Global Modular Desalination Plant Market
- In terms of region, the global modular desalination plant market can be divided into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- Europe is projected to hold major share of the global modular desalination plant market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to presence of key manufacturers of modular desalination plants in the region.
- The modular desalination plant market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to rise in population and increase in demand for drinking water supply in the region
- The modular desalination plant market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand during the forecast period due to ongoing investments in designing of modular desalination plants
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global modular desalination plant market include:
- IDE Technologies
- AkvaFresh AS
- Veolia Water Technologies
- newterra ltd
Global Modular Desalination Plant Market: Research Scope
Global Modular Desalination Plant Market, by End-user
- Manufacturing Facilities
Global Modular Desalination Plant Market, by Technology
- Reverse Osmosis
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.