Global Microturbine Propulsion System Market: Introduction
- Microturbine is a new distributed generation technology, which is being used for energy generation applications. Microturbine is a combustion turbine that produces heat and electricity on a relatively small scale. These turbines have compact size and less moving parts. Hence, demand for microturbines is high in power generation, aerospace, and military industries.
- Various private companies are investing in the development of highly energy efficient and mechanical efficiency microturbines due to high for demand for microturbine propulsion systems
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Microturbine Propulsion System Market report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Microturbine Propulsion System Market
- Increase in demand for microturbine propulsion systems in various industries such as aerospace and military is expected to drive the market. Microturbines have low emissions, no vibrations, and less moving parts. Thus, maintenance costs of microturbines is low. They also result in low air pollution. Thus, demand for microturbines is high in various industries.
- Stringent rules and regulations enacted by governments across the globe in order to limit the emission of greenhouse gases and carbon is another key factor driving the global microturbine propulsion system market. Global warming and severe health effects of air pollution are compelling companies to strive for more environmentally- friendly energy solutions. Microturbine can lead to low emissions. This is estimated to boost the global microturbine propulsion system market during the forecast period.
- High investment and high initial cost for microturbine propulsion system are major factors restraining the global microturbine propulsion system market. Microturbine propulsion system requires highly advanced technology and specialized equipment. This increases the cost of projects. Thus, high investment and high initial costs are key factors hampering the global microturbine propulsion system market.
Global Microturbine Propulsion System Market: Segmentation
- The global microturbine propulsion system market can be segmented based on power rating, end-user industry, and fuel type
- Based on power rating, the global microturbine propulsion system market can be divided into 12 KW-50 KW, 51 KW-250 KW, and above 250 KW. The 51KW-250 KW segment is expected to dominate the global microturbine propulsion system market during the forecast period owing to the high demand for these systems in aerospace and military industries.
- In terms of end-user industry, the global microturbine propulsion system market can be classified into marine, aerospace, automobile, and others. These microturbines are used in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Demand for UAVs has increased significantly over the last few years. Thus, demand for microturbine propulsion systems is estimated to be high in aerospace and military segments during the forecast period.
- Based on fuel type, the market has been segregated into diesel, natural gas, gasoline, hybrid, and others. The hybrid segment is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
Global Microturbine Propulsion System Market: Regional Outlook
- Based on region, the global microturbine propulsion system market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to dominate the global microturbine propulsion system market from 2020 to 2030 owing to the rapid industrialization and modernization in the region. China, Japan, and India have witnessed rapid development in aviation, automobile, and military industries. This is projected to propel the microturbine propulsion system market in the region in the near future.
- The market in North America and Europe is likely to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to rapid increase in infrastructure development related to aviation and military industries in these regions
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is estimated to expand at a steady CAGR during the forecast period, led by steady growth of aviation and military industries in these regions
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report of Microturbine Propulsion System Market
Key Players Operating in Global Microturbine Propulsion System Market
- Capstone Turbine Corporation
- Ansaldo Energia
- Aurelia Turbines Oy
- Bladon Jets
- ICR Turbine Engine Corporation
- Microturbines Technology BV
- GE AVIATION
- Honeywell International Inc.
- TURBOTECH SAS
- UAV Turbines, Inc.
Global Microturbine Propulsion System Market: Research Scope
Global Microturbine Propulsion System Market, by Power Rating
- 12 KW-50 KW
- 51 KW-250 KW
- Above 250 KW
Global Microturbine Propulsion System Market, by End-user Industry
Global Microturbine Propulsion System Market, by Fuel Type
- Natural Gas
Global Microturbine Propulsion System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.