Medical Grade Foil Market: Overview
- Medical grade foils can be used under a wide range of temperatures. They can be peeled and pierced. They are solvent resistant and they adhere to a wide range of substrates.
- Medical grade foils, such as high-barrier medical and pharmaceutical aluminum foils and film laminations, are employed to maintain product efficacy and protect products from oxygen, moisture, chemicals, UV light, visible light, and bacteria.
- Aluminum foils are combined with polyamide- or polyethylene-based films for attaining heat seal, lint-free easy peel, protection from sharp edges of packed devices, and increased robustness. Aluminum-foil-based pouches are sterilized by treating them with gamma radiations.
- Drug pills are usually packed in blisters. Blisters are usually made of a plastic film and an aluminum foil. The plastic film is shaped in order to create a cavity where the pill can fit and the cavity is sealed by the aluminum foil.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Rising Demand for Pharmaceuticals to Drive Global Medical Grade Foil Market
- High-quality drugs need packaging, in which they are protected from environmental factors, oxygen, and moisture. Blister packs are often used for packaging of drug pills in the pharmaceutical industry.
- The global pharmaceutical industry is growing. As a result, the demand for aluminum foils for blister packaging of drugs is steadily increasing.
Applications of Medical Grade Foils
- Based on application, the global medical grade foil market can be segmented into medical devices, medicines, and others. Being lightweight and yet tear-resistant, aluminum foils can be folded in several methods, which makes them suitable for use in packing and wrapping of different products. In the pharmaceutical industry, aluminum foils are employed to protect drugs from external factors during transportation and storage.
Banned Plastic Usage to Provide Opportunities to Global Medical Grade Foil Market
- Plastic is largely used for various applications and thus, plastic pollution has become a significant environmental concern. A majority of booming industries, such as food & beverages, pharmaceutical, packaging, and e-commerce, are significant end-users of plastic packaging solutions. Rising awareness about plastic pollution and its adverse effects on the environment has prompted governments of several countries across the globe to take initiatives, such as plastic recycling, and impose regulations to curb plastic waste generation. However, since plastic recycling is not completely effective, industries are opting for alternative packaging solutions such as aluminum foils. This is likely to significantly drive the global market for medical grade foils during the forecast period.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Medical Grade Foil Market
- In terms of region, the global medical grade foil market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global medical grade foil market during the forecast period, due to presence of a large number of medical device manufacturers in this region
- Growing prevalence of chronic diseases, increasing adoption of technologically advanced medical devices, increasing GDP, and strong presence of leading vendors in North America are boosting the medical devices industry in the region. This, in turn, is expected to fuel the medical grade foil market in North America during the forecast period.
- The medical grade foil market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period, due to increasing per capita income, growing elderly population, rising disease awareness, and improving health care infrastructure in the region
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global medical grade foil market is fragmented, with market players focusing on adopting advanced technologies to gain higher market share. Online portals are used by various companies as a mode for selling their products. These players offer a complete portfolio of products and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global medical grade foil market include:
- Parafix Tapes & Conversions Ltd.
- Bemis Company, Inc.
Global Medical Grade Foil Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Grade Foil Market, by Application
- Medical Devices
Global Medical Grade Foil Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.