Marking Devices: Introduction
- Marking devices are used to reveal an image at the bottom of a product such as date and number stamp, serial number, and inspection stamp through various methods such as laser, burn, inkjet, chemical, thermal transfer, and rotary pad printing
- Marking machines are used to draw images on materials such as alloys, black paper, ceramic, ebony, polymers, glass, leather, polycarbonate, metals, plastics, precious stones, rubber, silicon, textiles, and wood.
- Marking devices provide faster, accurate, and permanent marking solutions for metals and non-metal units. Several sectors use a marking device to mark component labeling, serial number, barcodes, date codes, and individual part numbers.
- The global marking devices market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increasing demand for marking devices from different industries active in the medical and automotive sector.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Marking Devices Market: Dynamics
Global Marking Devices Market: Key Drivers
- Increasing government regulations for UDI (Unique Device Identification) so that identification tasks become important for manufactures is the major factor projected to propel the market growth in the next few years.
- Rise in demand for laser marking devices is expected to fuel the growth of the marking devices market globally. Laser marking devices mark serial numbers on an object by using laser beams, which makes the challenging task of marking on medical devices, easier. Thus, laser marking devices are widely used for as marking on medical devices.
- Furthermore, rising demand for marking devices from aerospace, packaging, electronics, automotive, and other industries to mark component labeling, serial numbers, barcodes, date codes, and individual part numbers is expected to fuel the demand for marking devices.
- Development of new products globally is further projected to drive the marking devices market, primarily because marking devices are used to emboss alphanumerical codes on products, which is projected to propel the market growth.
Availability of Substitute Products Set to Hamper the Market
- Availability of substitute products with better functionality such as engraving devices is a major factor expected to hinder the global marking devices market in the next few years.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific the Fastest Growing Region in the Global Marking Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global marking devices market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness maximum demand for marking devices from 2019 to 2027. China and India are the key markets in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is growing rapidly due to growing aviation, automobile, manufacturing, electronics, packaging, and other sectors in the region.
- A growing processing sector and industrialization especially in China followed by India is projected to contribute to regional market growth in the forthcoming years.
- North America dominated the global marking devices market in 2018 due to industrialization and complete mechanization of industries in the region. The U.S. is a key market in North America due to high demand for marking devices in the country. Europe is anticipated to hold the second largest share of the global marking devices market in 2018.
Global Marking Devices Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Marking Devices Market
Several local, regional, and international players manufacture marking devices. Hence, the marking devices market is fragmented and the bargaining power of buyers is low. The degree of competition among market players is also low. Marking device manufacturers are focused on product differentiation and portfolio expansion strategies. Rapid technological advancements have led to a threat of substitution in the marking devices market. Key players operating in the global marking devices market are:
- Amada Miyachi America, Inc.
- Automator International Srl
- Cab Produkttechnik GmbH & Co KG
- EBS Ink Jet Systeme GmbH
- Ernst Reiner GmbH & Co. KG
- FOBA laser
- Geo. T. Schmidt
- Giugni S.r.l.
- Labortech s.r.o.
- Laser Photonics
- Lasit Systems and Electrooptics Technologies S.p.A.
- Macsa ID
- Manfred Borries GmbH (MARKATOR)
- Matthews Marking Systems
- Monode Marking Products, Inc.
- Pryor Marking Technology
- Röltgen GmbH
- Sei s.p.a
- TYKMA Electrox, Inc.
- Wuhan Farley Laserlab Cutting Welding System Engineering Co., Ltd
Global Marking Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Marking Devices Market Segmentation, by Type
- Laser Marking Devices
- Inkjet Marking Devices
Global Marking Devices Market Segmentation, by Material
- Foils and Paints
- Organic Materials
Global Marking Devices Market Segmentation, by Application
- Cutting tools
- Medical Instruments
- Electrical material
Global Marking Devices Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.