Marking Devices: Introduction
- Marking devices are used to reveal an image at the bottom of a product such as date and number stamp, serial number, and inspection stamp through various methods such as laser, burn, inkjet, chemical, thermal transfer, and rotary pad printing
- Marking machines are used to draw images on materials such as alloys, black paper, ceramic, ebony, polymers, glass, leather, polycarbonate, metals, plastics, precious stones, rubber, silicon, textiles, and wood.
- Marking devices provide faster, accurate, and permanent marking solutions for metals and non-metal units. Several sectors use a marking device to mark component labeling, serial number, barcodes, date codes, and individual part numbers.
- The global marking devices market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increasing demand for marking devices from different industries active in the medical and automotive sector.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Marking Devices Market: Dynamics
Global Marking Devices Market: Key Drivers
- Increasing government regulations for UDI (Unique Device Identification) so that identification tasks become important for manufactures is the major factor projected to propel the market growth in the next few years.
- Rise in demand for laser marking devices is expected to fuel the growth of the marking devices market globally. Laser marking devices mark serial numbers on an object by using laser beams, which makes the challenging task of marking on medical devices, easier. Thus, laser marking devices are widely used for as marking on medical devices.
- Furthermore, rising demand for marking devices from aerospace, packaging, electronics, automotive, and other industries to mark component labeling, serial numbers, barcodes, date codes, and individual part numbers is expected to fuel the demand for marking devices.
- Development of new products globally is further projected to drive the marking devices market, primarily because marking devices are used to emboss alphanumerical codes on products, which is projected to propel the market growth.
Availability of Substitute Products Set to Hamper the Market
- Availability of substitute products with better functionality such as engraving devices is a major factor expected to hinder the global marking devices market in the next few years.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific the Fastest Growing Region in the Global Marking Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global marking devices market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness maximum demand for marking devices from 2019 to 2027. China and India are the key markets in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is growing rapidly due to growing aviation, automobile, manufacturing, electronics, packaging, and other sectors in the region.
- A growing processing sector and industrialization especially in China followed by India is projected to contribute to regional market growth in the forthcoming years.
- North America dominated the global marking devices market in 2018 due to industrialization and complete mechanization of industries in the region. The U.S. is a key market in North America due to high demand for marking devices in the country. Europe is anticipated to hold the second largest share of the global marking devices market in 2018.
Global Marking Devices Market: Competitive Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Marking Devices Market
Several local, regional, and international players manufacture marking devices. Hence, the marking devices market is fragmented and the bargaining power of buyers is low. The degree of competition among market players is also low. Marking device manufacturers are focused on product differentiation and portfolio expansion strategies. Rapid technological advancements have led to a threat of substitution in the marking devices market. Key players operating in the global marking devices market are:
- Amada Miyachi America, Inc.
- Automator International Srl
- Cab Produkttechnik GmbH & Co KG
- EBS Ink Jet Systeme GmbH
- Ernst Reiner GmbH & Co. KG
- FOBA laser
- Geo. T. Schmidt
- Giugni S.r.l.
- Labortech s.r.o.
- Laser Photonics
- Lasit Systems and Electrooptics Technologies S.p.A.
- Macsa ID
- Manfred Borries GmbH (MARKATOR)
- Matthews Marking Systems
- Monode Marking Products, Inc.
- Pryor Marking Technology
- Röltgen GmbH
- Sei s.p.a
- TYKMA Electrox, Inc.
- Wuhan Farley Laserlab Cutting Welding System Engineering Co., Ltd
Global Marking Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Marking Devices Market Segmentation, by Type
- Laser Marking Devices
- Inkjet Marking Devices
Global Marking Devices Market Segmentation, by Material
- Foils and Paints
- Organic Materials
Global Marking Devices Market Segmentation, by Application
- Cutting tools
- Medical Instruments
- Electrical material
Global Marking Devices Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.