Global Marine Propulsion Maintenance Market: Introduction
- Marine propulsion maintenance is a key part of maintenance of vessels. Marine engine is one of the biggest engines; hence, it requires regular servicing and maintenance to avoid breakdown or failure.
- Propulsion maintenance includes change of minor spare parts to complete engine overhauling. Shipping companies need to carry out regular maintenance work of marine vessels in order to avoid engine failure.
- Maintenance work is time consuming. Therefore, companies are investing in advanced maintenance process. Companies around the world are implementing robotics and advanced computing technology. These processes can reduce the downtime and also save costs. Thus, introduction of robotics and advanced computing technology can offer lucrative opportunities to the global marine propulsion maintenance market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of Marine Propulsion Maintenance Market report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Marine Propulsion Maintenance Market
- Significant rise in sea trade and tourism is estimated to be a key driver of the global marine propulsion maintenance market. This indicates an increase in the number of marine vessels being employed. Growth in number of vessels is projected to fuel the demand for service and maintenance.
- Implementation of IoT and AI-based systems to predict the maintenance of ships is another key driver of the global marine propulsion maintenance market. IoT and AI-based systems use sensors and historic data to predict engine failure. These systems can predict small issues in machinery that could lead to engine failure or breakdown. Engine failure increases downtime, and service and maintenance cost of a marine vessel. Thus, Implementation of IoT and AI-based systems is anticipated to drive the market in the near future.
- Shortage of skilled workers is likely to be a key restraint of the global marine propulsion maintenance market. Wages, safety & security, and many such issues are factors responsible for the shortage of skilled workers. Shortage of skilled workers affects the quality of work, which, in turn, adversely affects engine performance. Hence, shortage of skilled workers is anticipated to restrain the global marine propulsion maintenance market.
Global Marine Propulsion Maintenance Market: Segmentation
- The global marine propulsion maintenance market can be segmented in terms of power rating, ship type, and fuel type
- Based on power rating, the global marine propulsion maintenance market can be divided into 0.5 MW - 15 MW, 15.1 MW - 30 MW, and above 30 MW. The 0.5 MW - 15 MW segment dominated the global market in 2019. It is expected to lead the global marine propulsion maintenance market during the forecast period.
- In terms of ship type, the global marine propulsion maintenance market can be segregated into container ship, bulk carrier, passenger ship, defense vessel, tugboat & OSV, ferry, and others. The passenger ship segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace in the near future, owing to the rise in demand for passenger ships across the globe. In turn, this is projected to propel the demand for service and maintenance of passenger ships.
- Based on fuel type, the global marine propulsion maintenance market can be classified into diesel, natural gas, gasoline, hybrid, and others. The diesel segment dominated the global market in 2019, due to high number of diesel engine vessels in the world. However, the hybrid segment is anticipated to expand at a fast-paced CAGR during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the rise in demand for hybrid propulsion vessels across the world.
Global Marine Propulsion Maintenance Market: Regional Outlook
- Based on region, the global marine propulsion maintenance market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global marine propulsion maintenance market in the near future due to rapid industrialization and modernization in the region. China and Japan are the leading countries in terms of number of ships in the world. Hence, demand for service and maintenance of these ships is high in these countries.
- The market in Europe and North America is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period, led by the rise in number of passenger vessels in these regions
- The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is estimated to expand at a steady CAGR during the forecast period, due to steady growth of the marine industry in these regions
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report of Marine Propulsion Maintenance Market
Key Players Operating in Global Marine Propulsion Maintenance Market
- Major players operating in the global marine propulsion maintenance market are:
- Goltens Worldwide Management Corporation
- W.W. Williams
- Hy-Power Marine Services
- MSHS Group
- Sulzer Ltd
- YANMAR HOLDINGS CO.
Global Marine Propulsion Maintenance Market: Research Scope
Global Marine Propulsion Maintenance Market, by Power Rating
- 0.5 MW - 15 MW
- 15.1 MW - 30 MW
- Above 30 MW
Global Marine Propulsion Maintenance Market, by Ship Type
- Container Ship
- Bulk Carrier
- Passenger Ship
- Defense Vessel
- Tugboat & OSV
Global Marine Propulsion Maintenance Market, by Fuel Type
- Natural Gas
Global Marine Propulsion Maintenance Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.